Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Victor wrote:Thanks but I tried Champions of the Sun, Void Archon and Veil King at Lab 9 they drop like flies. They were great up to T8 though.

In t9-t10 u and ur minions need extra 100 res, if they still get crashed in a second with that extra res...emmmm, but I never came across that case in actual runs.

Yes, couldn't get 175 minion res on my totemancer, ended up ditching them.
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Anyone else dealing with their entire army of totems randomly disappearing while moving through areas?
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:Anyone else dealing with their entire army of totems randomly disappearing while moving through areas?

They despawn if you go too far without teleporting them with you. Bend the Shadows often while moving.
zeitzi
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
at which level / progress is it suggested to switch to light for farming?
MeatSlinger3000
Sasquatch
67 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Victor wrote:
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:Anyone else dealing with their entire army of totems randomly disappearing while moving through areas?

They despawn if you go too far without teleporting them with you. Bend the Shadows often while moving.

Ahhh, 10/4. I see Fuppy mentions this in the guide as well, I just missed it.
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
zeitzi wrote:at which level / progress is it suggested to switch to light for farming?

I switched to stormeyes after killing 125 bosses, before starting Fauzt.
dekrikke
Invader
8 | 0
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Victor wrote:Thanks but I tried Champions of the Sun, Void Archon and Veil King at Lab 9 they drop like flies. They were great up to T8 though.

In t9-t10 u and ur minions need extra 100 res, if they still get crashed in a second with that extra res...emmmm, but I never came across that case in actual runs.

Do I understand correctly that you were able to clear labs 10 with a totemancer?

Focussing on minion res/life so they can survive long enough?
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
dekrikke wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:

Do I understand correctly that you were able to clear labs 10 with a totemancer?

Focussing on minion res/life so they can survive long enough?

It's a breeze up to T8, after getting 260 res for T9 you lose noticable dps. As I also said I couldn't get that much minion res.
But that's not the main problem, the thing is totems die so fast that you have to be slow, careful and strategic, and fully utilize "Dirge".
Corrupted Barbarian destroys totems in a second, can't do much against him.
Corrupted Amazon is dangerous, gotta avoid the phalanx.
Other than that usual high-lab tactics.
dekrikke
Invader
8 | 0
Victor wrote:
► Show Spoiler

It's a breeze up to T8, after getting 260 res for T9 you lose noticable dps. As I also said I couldn't get that much minion res.
But that's not the main problem, the thing is totems die so fast that you have to be slow, careful and strategic, and fully utilize "Dirge".
Corrupted Barbarian destroys totems in a second, can't do much against him.
Corrupted Amazon is dangerous, gotta avoid the phalanx.
Other than that usual high-lab tactics.

Thanks, good to know. Who knows I’ll get there in the future.
Just casual non-ladder with a friend and still very low levels.
Any melee sounds like pretty much impossible.
blyts
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Any survivability tips for 125+?

I die probably 10-15x/dunc, fauzt is a pipe dream. I can move relatively quick, but teleporting then running back gets me gibbed over and over. I'm using full crafted gear + Elverfolk for Stormeye build. Max res. 9k life. Sustain from Soulbond. But near zero avoidance. If I get hit once, I'll usually end up going down. If I try to cast totems ahead I run oom and then I lose soul bond. Resummoning 9 totems constantly is also not ideal. I've also tried a Soulchain build with just Stormeye, but ran into same issues.

It's disheartening, because this is a fun build. But the constant dying is going to break my escape key...

Any tips or insight appreciated. Thank you.