Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
fuppy wrote:I'll play totemancer as my second class in 1.8, hoping to push it a bit further than I did in 1.7 (family loss prevented playing more). Hoping to get budget Fireheart to a viable Fauzt runner status and will give examples of decent crafts to use across the board.

As you all might've guessed, no changes affected us in 1.8. We were moved to t0.5 in the starter tier list.

As for the fireheart setup, if on a budget
Minefield

Minefield
One-Handed Swords
Except Two-Handed Swords, Two-Handed Swords

'IgnTyrRalOhm'
Runeword Level: 100
If you have 90% Fire Resist: +50% Fire Spell Damage
40% Hit Recovery
+(25 to 30)% to Fire Spell Damage
-60% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Fire Resist +30%
Fire Absorb (1 to 2)%
Attacker Takes Fire Damage of (400 to 500)
alone pretty much solves pierce on farming, so the rest of the items should be focused on sheer damage and +skills.
Robe of Steel
Robe of Steel
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (6692 - 7471) to (8202 - 9156)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 105
+(11 to 20)% Bonus to Spell Focus
25% Cast Speed
+(21 to 30)% to Spell Damage
+(115 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+100 to Strength
+100 to Energy
Elemental Resists +20%
+250 Life after each Demon Kill
50% Bonus to Defense
Requirements -33%
Socketed (6)
is also good but will on average be a bit pricy for the first week or two of a season, so keep that in mind too.
jasiunas
Cultist
24 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Can you explain how Tower Set is better than Early Game items? I made the transition and I feel weaker in ALL areas:
Slower Cast Rate
Lower Ice totem DMG
Lower -Enemy Res on all elements
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
jasiunas wrote:Can you explain how Tower Set is better than Early Game items? I made the transition and I feel weaker in ALL areas:
Slower Cast Rate
Lower Ice totem DMG

I think the set was better before the new cold totem. I played in the old patches and the set was safer than the TU-s. And I played fire from the beginning, but I didn't tested the set with cold spec.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
jasiunas wrote:Can you explain how Tower Set is better than Early Game items? I made the transition and I feel weaker in ALL areas:
Slower Cast Rate
Lower Ice totem DMG

I used the corpse totems for a bit to make Duncraig farming easier when I wrote them into the guide, but I guess you're right. Set isn't worth it for us. I'll edit them out soon.
Willits
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi, i have nearly no experience on medianxl(3 months) and gotta say its fairly easy to go trought early game till 110-120 with the totems. I went mostly yolo just looking trought the TU, runewords pages and within 6-8 hours one can lvl to 115-120. Its fast, its squishy but it feels amazing playing that toon
Now that i found a guide (thanks a lot for putting this to work) ill prolly start doig the 120-125 Hc mode. Catch me up in game if you play hc. Lots of generous players in the community ready to help whenever you ask.
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hey maybe I'm misreading the guide but why would you want to max Dex for v3? I'm currently a level 138 totem necro and just noticed that the guide says to max Dex. Anyone mind giving me some sort of insight on this one?
demoner
Acid Prince
49 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
eurekaaaa wrote:Hey maybe I'm misreading the guide but why would you want to max Dex for v3? I'm currently a level 138 totem necro and just noticed that the guide says to max Dex. Anyone mind giving me some sort of insight on this one?

"LATEGAME V4
Description: General idea of this is to stack dexterity and use a crafted shield with base block to get enough block to matter. We then use shrinecrafted Battle Axe with Nova Charge to convert some of that dex into energy. Not proven in combat yet."

Basically at this point he's banking on you having enough damage to dump 2kish points in dex for high block chance, then using nova charge oskill to give 25% of that dex as energy. No clue if that works or not, it wouldn't be too hard to test.
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Interesting but that's for v4 - I'm looking more at v3. I'll tinker around with that Oskill though. Thanks for your answer!
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
eurekaaaa wrote:Interesting but that's for v4 - I'm looking more at v3. I'll tinker around with that Oskill though. Thanks for your answer!

It was actually a mistake, I added the budget Fireheart variant in the middle of build versions and forgot to increment the stats-section to reflect the added build. It's fixed now, thanks for noticing it.
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Awesome - thanks fuppy. I've really enjoyed this character and the build you (and anyone else) put together was very helpful.

I'm currently playing V3 and haven't put any points into Energy and dumped everything into Vitality instead. 15k hp and my Fire Totems do roughly 3700-5000 which is good enough for all farming areas. Going to try and balance it out a little more to see how it affects the totem damage and my survivability.