Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Muilpeer wrote:I am unable to obtain the idol of vanity. Last season it was much easier somehow, maybe because of lack of multiple summons it has gotten harder? Anyway, I did all the other lvl 115 content, this is the only one where I get instasmashed when entering. Anyone has tips?

It's because enemies don't aggro to your totems and we no longer have Jinns as targetable meat shields. I would recommend either getting a tanky merc (shapeshifter) or spamming 1pt skeletons to keep enemies busy until you can kill them (after taking down the spire, that is).
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
fuppy wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:I am unable to obtain the idol of vanity. Last season it was much easier somehow, maybe because of lack of multiple summons it has gotten harder? Anyway, I did all the other lvl 115 content, this is the only one where I get instasmashed when entering. Anyone has tips?

It's because enemies don't aggro to your totems and we no longer have Jinns as targetable meat shields. I would recommend either getting a tanky merc (shapeshifter) or spamming 1pt skeletons to keep enemies busy until you can kill them (after taking down the spire, that is).

Exactly, I was thinking to get some summons. I have chosen an A3 merc that outlives the shapeshifted threefold somehow. But in this place he's like wet paper.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views

i had the same problem .... with an iron golem i was succesfull
Splift
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Bts back from starting portal into a spot the laser isnt firing and step further back behind totems. Maybe spamm a few low mana totems in front of you as a wall.

Once the laser stops firing telestomp the invulnerability totem and you are done
zulderacul
Jungle Hunter
25 | 6
Lets say one pushes forward in to obtaining Tyrael's just to fix all of the defensive problems in an instant,what would be the best itemization,tree,sockets,MO's from that point onward focused primarily for farming Scos and some labbing ?
ashvin_
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
For normal leveling Fireheart Totem + Soulchain has been crazy good for life regen - 113 life regen at lvl 52, thats about 7.5% life regen at the moment.
Fireheart does more dmg and out ranges the other totems early game.
Defs fire for low lvl, you need a few totems before Frost takes off with targeting.
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I've been a totem player for the last few seasons. This season I tried to play a Druid and Pally and neither of them were nearly as enjoyable as Totem necro.

Heroes have been scrapped and I'm all in on totem necro again!
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Would
Sinwar
Sinwar
Demon Head (Sacred)

Defense: 1448 to 1766
Chance to Block:
4%
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 445
Item Level: 105
+(5 to 6) to Necromancer Skill Levels
2% Base Block Chance
+100 Spell Focus
+(20 to 30)% to Spell Damage
-30% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
-10% to Summoned Minion Resistances
Physical Resist 15%
Cannot Be Frozen
Total Defense = 0
Socketed (4)
be a useful item for this Totem mancer? :lurk:
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Muilpeer wrote:Would
Sinwar
Sinwar
Demon Head (Sacred)

Defense: 1448 to 1766
Chance to Block:
4%
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 445
Item Level: 105
+(5 to 6) to Necromancer Skill Levels
2% Base Block Chance
+100 Spell Focus
+(20 to 30)% to Spell Damage
-30% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
-10% to Summoned Minion Resistances
Physical Resist 15%
Cannot Be Frozen
Total Defense = 0
Socketed (4)
be a useful item for this Totem mancer? :lurk:

I'm really not a fan of 0 defense items/skills, so I can't recommend it.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
643 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Finally I got a certain pair of items for firedance buff. Hence my question. Firedance buffs totems at summoning but is not affecting afterwards ( so- no double buff) - correct? But when I stay at firedance ring, it affects me and my merc, correct ? So - for totems there is no need to recast firedance but only if necessary for me and my merc, correct ?