Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Antarus wrote:I dont know what better, Shiverhood or The Celestial Crown? The Celestial Crown i think have good and better dmg.

That is very much true, but with Death Ward, we also want the defense and Shiverhood has tons of it.
FreddyBaby
Vampiress
35 | 1
how do you get 6 totems? I can only get 5 with soulchain max :P
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
FreddyBaby wrote:how do you get 6 totems? I can only get 5 with soulchain max :P

Smokeless Fire gives +1 FHT.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
FreddyBaby wrote:how do you get 6 totems? I can only get 5 with soulchain max :P

I have a Frostclaw Totem relic.

skrig wrote:

Smokeless Fire gives +1 FHT.

I used
Obedience

Obedience
Necromancer Staves

'ZurTahaArcIst'
Runeword Level: 115
When Soulchain is Active:
Frostclaw Totem has 6% Chance to cast Level 44 Blizzard on Death Blow
Fireheart Totem has 6% Chance to cast Level 44 Fire Cannonade on Death Blow
Stormeye Totem has 6% Chance to cast Level 44 Stormclash on Death Blow
+13 to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(7 to 10)% Bonus to Spell Focus
+(35 to 40)% to Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(300 to 400) to Life
Regenerate Mana +20%
Physical Resist 10%
+(100 to 150) Life after each Kill
50% Magic Find
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Right :) Maybe Freddy wants 6 totems and not everyone's got a relic.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Might I suggest this item for some of your helm setups:
Apeskull
Apeskull
Bone Helm (Sacred)

Defense: (2323 - 2613) to (2517 - 2832)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
+2 to All Skills
Adds 75-100 Fire Damage
Adds 75-100 Lightning Damage
Adds 75-100 Cold Damage
-(14 to 15)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -25%
Socketed (4)

Testament of the Apes
(Ape Set)
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Elendilli wrote:Might I suggest this item for some of your helm setups:
Apeskull
Apeskull
Bone Helm (Sacred)

Defense: (2323 - 2613) to (2517 - 2832)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
+2 to All Skills
Adds 75-100 Fire Damage
Adds 75-100 Lightning Damage
Adds 75-100 Cold Damage
-(14 to 15)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -25%
Socketed (4)

Testament of the Apes
(Ape Set)

That could also work instead of Lacuni Cowl if you get a non-max res one.

I also updated the Lategame V3 build to something I've experimented with. We now put only 10 points into apprenticeship and soulbond as dump and max Resurgence instead for that sweet SD and phys res from Hand of Rathma + The Sentinel's Sorrow combination. For labs, this means that we need to socket some Um-runes to overcap our resistances enough for higher tier labs.
Arqwart
Prowler
18 | 0
So I've been trying out the Towerlord Set instead of the guide recommended items in Lategame V2 (Stormeye). I'm missing some valuable things like Shamanka and crafted jewels, but it's going fine so far overall. With +19 to necro skills in total from the set, %spell damage appears to be the most valuable stat due to having much higher raw base damage. Struggles with the same things the build does overall so no real changes there, and it suffers the same issue of having to respec to Iceclaw and change to cold pen gear for Baal and 125+ bosses. Feels like a viable variant option for those who are ok with farming K3K for a while to get the pieces (or buying them). Makes for some great defenses for both the player and the Jinn with the final set bonus, but getting passable penetration is pretty rough as only the shield gives any (and only up to 20%). Also, all the stats from the gear and set bonuses means I only have to get some strength on another piece of gear and spend ~15-20 points on strength to make sure everything can be worn. Every single other point gets to be dumped into Energy.

Teganze, Triune, Dunc, and Fauzt are all pretty autopilot. Will report back when I hit 130 and try Scosglen (though I'm sure that's not gunna go super well with current gear).

EDIT: one weird thing with the set / gear stat bonuses is that I have to have keep my honorific gloves with 50 str/dex on hand anytime I start a new game. I guess the set bonuses don't activate when the character loads so the gear isn't wearable as a baseline. Quick fix of tossing on the gloves then replacing with current ornate ones and I'm good to go. Just a warning to those who try this gear route.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Arqwart wrote:So I've been trying out the Towerlord Set instead of the guide recommended items in Lategame V2 (Stormeye). I'm missing some valuable things like Shamanka and crafted jewels, but it's going fine so far overall. With +19 to necro skills in total from the set, %spell damage appears to be the most valuable stat due to having much higher raw base damage. Struggles with the same things the build does overall so no real changes there, and it suffers the same issue of having to respec to Iceclaw and change to cold pen gear for Baal and 125+ bosses. Feels like a viable variant option for those who are ok with farming K3K for a while to get the pieces (or buying them). Makes for some great defenses for both the player and the Jinn with the final set bonus, but getting passable penetration is pretty rough as only the shield gives any (and only up to 20%). Also, all the stats from the gear and set bonuses means I only have to get some strength on another piece of gear and spend ~15-20 points on strength to make sure everything can be worn. Every single other point gets to be dumped into Energy.

Teganze, Triune, Dunc, and Fauzt are all pretty autopilot. Will report back when I hit 130 and try Scosglen (though I'm sure that's not gunna go super well with current gear).

EDIT: one weird thing with the set / gear stat bonuses is that I have to have keep my honorific gloves with 50 str/dex on hand anytime I start a new game. I guess the set bonuses don't activate when the character loads so the gear isn't wearable as a baseline. Quick fix of tossing on the gloves then replacing with current ornate ones and I'm good to go. Just a warning to those who try this gear route.

Have you tried weapon swapping on entering a game? (Default key W). The game usually picks up the correct values then. But I agree it would still be a pain in the donkey.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
fuppy wrote:
Captcha wrote:One other question. Why use T1 for honorifics? It was always T4 in the past because once you socket, say, a PG, it would go up to about level 21 anyway, but if you had a T4 the PG doesn't raise the level from roughly 21-24 for leather armours, low base shields etc, so you get the same number of MOs on it. I'm not saying you're wrong btw, just asking.

Forgot to answer this. Honorifics are only a temporary measure and it's nice for the extra MO space.

Well looking at the guide, the honorific shield seems to be used until you get Elverfolk on one spec and until level 125 in the other... so T4 is surely better?

Unless you're a twinked character, by the time you can actually get the cube item from Shenk in Act 5 to make an honorific you're what... nearly level 50? By that time you use a T4. No question.

If you were a twinked char using T1 you switch to T4?