Totemancer (Necromancer Totem)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
One other question. Why use T1 for honorifics? It was always T4 in the past because once you socket, say, a PG, it would go up to about level 21 anyway, but if you had a T4 the PG doesn't raise the level from roughly 21-24 for leather armours, low base shields etc, so you get the same number of MOs on it. I'm not saying you're wrong btw, just asking.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
fuppy wrote:I only stay still when I know it's not safe, like in Scosglen. I only move out when Etherborn fire stuff at me.

Void and Invasion videos are of a mechanically challenging fight and where it's not super dangerous to move out of the totem safespot.

Ok, understood - I didn't see anything in the guide about totem stacking though, so do you think it's worth adding a "How to play" section describing it?

One other point, is it worth putting 1 point in Skeleton so as to have a minion to cast for teleport purpses?
That lets us use
Drake Cigar
Drake Cigar
Yew Wand (4)

One-Hand Damage: 3 to 4
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 3
Required Dexterity: 6
Item Level: 1
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Dexterity)%
1% Chance to cast level 6 Flamefront on Death Blow
+(1 to 2) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
+(6 to 8)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(6 to 8)% to Cold Spell Damage
Regenerate Mana +(11 to 15)%
Fire Absorb 2%
Socketed (1)
One-Hand Damage: 11 to 13
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 21
Required Dexterity: 11
Item Level: 31
1% Chance to cast level 12 Flamefront on Death Blow
+(2 to 3) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
+(10 to 12)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(10 to 12)% to Cold Spell Damage
Regenerate Mana +(21 to 25)%
Fire Absorb 3%
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 12 to 15
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 40
Required Dexterity: 25
Item Level: 51
1% Chance to cast level 18 Flamefront on Death Blow
+(3 to 4) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
+(14 to 16)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(14 to 16)% to Cold Spell Damage
Regenerate Mana +(31 to 35)%
Fire Absorb 4%
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 14 to 18
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 49
Required Dexterity: 51
Item Level: 77
1% Chance to cast level 24 Flamefront on Death Blow
+(4 to 5) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
+(18 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(18 to 20)% to Cold Spell Damage
Regenerate Mana +(36 to 40)%
Fire Absorb 5%
Socketed (2)
+shield properly (presumably it will be difficult to use in practice if teleport is largely via
Pax Mystica
Pax Mystica
Staves

'Tir'
Runeword Level: 10
+1 to All Skills
+7% to Spell Damage
+(2 to 5) to Blink
Elemental Resists +(11 to 15)%
(11 to 13)% Magic Find
)?
Then once you get to level 90 and get Jinns, spec out of the 1-pointer and cast the Jinn instead for tele?

Just trying to help and to understand the thinking, hope it helps and apologies if it's been covered before, I've not had time to read all the comments yet. :D
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Captcha wrote:
fuppy wrote:I only stay still when I know it's not safe, like in Scosglen. I only move out when Etherborn fire stuff at me.

Void and Invasion videos are of a mechanically challenging fight and where it's not super dangerous to move out of the totem safespot.

Ok, understood - I didn't see anything in the guide about totem stacking though, so do you think it's worth adding a "How to play" section describing it?

One other point, is it worth putting 1 point in Skeleton so as to have a minion to cast for teleport purpses?
That lets us use
Drake Cigar
Drake Cigar
Yew Wand (4)

One-Hand Damage: 3 to 4
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 3
Required Dexterity: 6
Item Level: 1
1% Chance to cast level 6 Flamefront on Death Blow
+(1 to 2) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
+(6 to 8)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(6 to 8)% to Cold Spell Damage
Regenerate Mana +(11 to 15)%
Fire Absorb 2%
Socketed (1)
One-Hand Damage: 11 to 13
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 21
Required Dexterity: 11
Item Level: 31
1% Chance to cast level 12 Flamefront on Death Blow
+(2 to 3) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
+(10 to 12)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(10 to 12)% to Cold Spell Damage
Regenerate Mana +(21 to 25)%
Fire Absorb 3%
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 12 to 15
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 40
Required Dexterity: 25
Item Level: 51
1% Chance to cast level 18 Flamefront on Death Blow
+(3 to 4) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
+(14 to 16)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(14 to 16)% to Cold Spell Damage
Regenerate Mana +(31 to 35)%
Fire Absorb 4%
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 14 to 18
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 49
Required Dexterity: 51
Item Level: 77
1% Chance to cast level 24 Flamefront on Death Blow
+(4 to 5) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
+(18 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(18 to 20)% to Cold Spell Damage
Regenerate Mana +(36 to 40)%
Fire Absorb 5%
Socketed (2)
+shield properly (presumably it will be difficult to use in practice if teleport is largely via
Pax Mystica
Pax Mystica
Staves

'Tir'
Runeword Level: 10
+1 to All Skills
+7% to Spell Damage
+(2 to 5) to Blink
Elemental Resists +(11 to 15)%
(11 to 13)% Magic Find
)?
Then once you get to level 90 and get Jinns, spec out of the 1-pointer and cast the Jinn instead for tele?

Just trying to help and to understand the thinking, hope it helps and apologies if it's been covered before, I've not had time to read all the comments yet. :D

New skeletons need a corpse to summon from. The strat I used was to spec the new mastery Meditation which gives decent chunk of mana and mana regen, which allows me to cast the 1pt totem. I specced out of it before 50, since we get free respecs before 50 nowadays. By then I have enough mana to jump around with the other totems.

There is a section about how to play the build, under the title Basics. It doesn't explicitly mention that you need to stay under them but that's almost a given once you get Void charm.
insaniack
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
I have ascended to LATEGAME V3 version. I can whole heartedly suggest that instead of Splintered Soul you get a Sentinels Sorrow. Boosted my damage about 30%. It pairs so well with Rathmas hand.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So I'm lvl 125 now, don't have a complete setup yet, but am now nicely geared for around 10k Frost totem dmg.

Tried Fauzt, but it's not really doable with this setup. However, maybe Storm totem will be better there? I'm thinking when to switch, and I guess you keep two sets in your stash? One for Frost and one for Storm?

Haven't been able to do Judgment day yet, but I did manage to do all the other lvl 120 ubers. So I'll focus on JD now.

Nvm, just did JD, it was a total cakewalk. The only thing in there is not dying, the rest is easy.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
insaniack wrote:I have ascended to LATEGAME V3 version. I can whole heartedly suggest that instead of Splintered Soul you get a Sentinels Sorrow. Boosted my damage about 30%. It pairs so well with Rathmas hand.

Sentinel's Sorrow is bad for labs, where you need overcap your elemental resistance and maximum elemental resistance. I slapped on Scosglen farmer to that build since max res is very nice for Scosglen as well. I'm farming Scos well with Lategame v2 though.

Muilpeer wrote:So I'm lvl 125 now, don't have a complete setup yet, but am now nicely geared for around 10k Frost totem dmg.

Tried Fauzt, but it's not really doable with this setup. However, maybe Storm totem will be better there? I'm thinking when to switch, and I guess you keep two sets in your stash? One for Frost and one for Storm?

Haven't been able to do Judgment day yet, but I did manage to do all the other lvl 120 ubers. So I'll focus on JD now.

Nvm, just did JD, it was a total cakewalk. The only thing in there is not dying, the rest is easy.

I put a mention that Fauzt can't be done on Frostclaw totem in the Lategame v1 section. You definitely want to be stormeye.
Antarus
Cultist
22 | 0
I dont know what better, Shiverhood or The Celestial Crown? The Celestial Crown i think have good and better dmg.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Captcha wrote:One other question. Why use T1 for honorifics? It was always T4 in the past because once you socket, say, a PG, it would go up to about level 21 anyway, but if you had a T4 the PG doesn't raise the level from roughly 21-24 for leather armours, low base shields etc, so you get the same number of MOs on it. I'm not saying you're wrong btw, just asking.

Forgot to answer this. Honorifics are only a temporary measure and it's nice for the extra MO space.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
fuppy wrote:New skeletons need a corpse to summon from. The strat I used was to spec the new mastery Meditation which gives decent chunk of mana and mana regen, which allows me to cast the 1pt totem. I specced out of it before 50, since we get free respecs before 50 nowadays. By then I have enough mana to jump around with the other totems.

There is a section about how to play the build, under the title Basics. It doesn't explicitly mention that you need to stay under them but that's almost a given once you get Void charm.

Hadn't noticed that skeletons need a corpse now. But the ability to use a totem as a tele target (when they are not considered to be minions) is a surprise - the skill desc still says that it teles to a "target mininon" so... something's changed - are totems minions now?

And just to point out that the stuff we've been discussing isn't in your Basics section - nothing about using something "cheap" to cast tele onto, nothing about "totem stacking" = safety etc. Just saying, but I don't understand why you wouldn't want to add that in for new and returning players, it's kinda important stuff.

Also might be good to say something about why the Frost totem spec is "easier to play" than the Storm one? Is it just because the storm totem damage is more close to the target or are there other reasons?
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Captcha wrote:
fuppy wrote:New skeletons need a corpse to summon from. The strat I used was to spec the new mastery Meditation which gives decent chunk of mana and mana regen, which allows me to cast the 1pt totem. I specced out of it before 50, since we get free respecs before 50 nowadays. By then I have enough mana to jump around with the other totems.

Hadn't noticed that skeletons need a corpse now. But the ability to use a totem as a tele target (when they are not considered to be minions) is a surprise - the skill desc still says that it teles to a "target mininon" so... something's changed - are totems minions now?

And just to point out that the stuff we've been discussing isn't in your Basics section - nothing about using something "cheap" to cast tele onto, nothing about "totem stacking" = safety etc. Just saying, but I don't understand why you wouldn't want to add that in for new and returning players, it's kinda important stuff.

Also might be good to say something about why the Frost totem spec is "easier to play" than the Storm one? Is it just because the storm totem damage is more close to the target or are there other reasons?

I will consider adding those things in after I write the holy caster paladin guide.

Frostclaw is easier to play because it makes getting your charms easier during progression. With Stormeye the singletarget is slightly worse, which makes running the ubers harder.