Psionic Storm Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
bapcja wrote:psionic storm will always drain 10% of your maximum mana in addition to its flat cost, so putting 1 point into it wont change much other than gimping damage. its also not good at healing spiky damage, because 10% is not much and you risk getting killed when you stop to cast it

Yes of course, but by using another skill as the main skill you're not forced to keep draining your mana 10%, you can use it when you want it (when you feel ok to afford the mana) or when you want to heal.

As a heal, I'd be more likely to use this when I'm healing out of combat tbh, or when I'm mopping up a few not-very-dangerous monsters.

When PS is the main/only skill you have no alternative but to use it all the time.
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
akbugger wrote:
bapcja wrote:
akbugger wrote:Thing is - you (myself at least) don't need that much damage.My sin has about 30% less energy than ur build - yet in Fauzt, the only enemies that don't melt in one cast are those magic absorb, they take 2 (if I ever push my sin to lvl142 they'll take one as well since I'll be able to MO more). I'd much rather have virtually no dead time sitting around waiting for the bulb to fill and just quickly be done with farming run than overkilling stuff, especially since only XP I can get now is labs.

i wouldnt farm anything other than teganze with psi storm. if you try to put more than 200 mf into the build it starts falling apart.

That's why I dont go max damage route. It's simply overkill. My tooltip say Psi storm does 28k damage, which is 50% less than on your build (if I get MOs for weapons I could theoretically get and additional +70-80% on energy) - it's still more than enough.

id recommend this build as one good for progression and boss killing. when it comes to the second, there are no overkills unless you start popping uldyssian under minute.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
bapcja wrote:
► Show Spoiler

id recommend this build as one good for progression and boss killing. when it comes to the second, there are no overkills unless you start popping uldyssian under minute.

It could be a good thing then that a simple change of gear makes a boss killer into a farmer? If akb's character is farming Fauzt in the same spec just by changing the set for crafts then maybe give it a test, see how good it is at farming and if it's ok... update the guide to say that?

It's unusual to have a character that can do all 3 in the same spec, so... all good, could be a popular build :D
rugby_1
Son of Lucion
724 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Vincendra wrote:^Have you tried Eerie crafted Tiara Base with Psicrown? Clears nice, scales with Ene, doesnt fuck your mana pool while farming ( no potting)

What type of gear aside from the crafted helm do you use to get Psicrown to be useable? I crafted a Tiara with the skill and it's dmg is horrible.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
TTraw wrote:
akbugger wrote:For Akerat, if u wanna do him early, grab a Shapshifter merc (he's probably the best for this class). Let him tank Akerat while you slap Doom + 2x Singulariy + Psi Storms on him. Should melt...he's just a damage check. If u have trouble you probaby havent 400 sigs. Make sure u socket all items with + energy.

I am 99% sure akarat only heals when he can melee sth. I couldnt do it with merc tanking him but without Merc he never healed. Or maybe the AI just bugged?

Yeah there seems to be something weird about Akarat. My sin is doing more damage than other characters I've played in this patch, but they took Akarat down while the PSi sin can't.

The damage output is great, the Forest Walkers melt which is a good indication since they have a ton of life, but when Akarat's life gets really low, almost dead, it starts shooting back up again even though he's not immune. I've tried it a few times now, always the same.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Maybe he absorbs magic dmg? Even with almost 10k dmg I still struggle to kill him, when for example zakarum avatars melt in seconds
Vincendra
Vampiress
35 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Fuck up double post see below.
Edited by Vincendra 3 years.
Vincendra
Vampiress
35 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
rugby_1 wrote:
Vincendra wrote:^Have you tried Eerie crafted Tiara Base with Psicrown? Clears nice, scales with Ene, doesnt fuck your mana pool while farming ( no potting)

What type of gear aside from the crafted helm do you use to get Psicrown to be useable? I crafted a Tiara with the skill and it's dmg is horrible.

Mostly Eerie crafted Sacreds or Pieces of sets with high base ene rolls. Just going for High ene, not for set completion. Also going for + all skills rolls, since Psycrown seem to scale better with energy with higher skill lvl.

My Sin is not nearly done, but Psycrown with lvl 28 does 2 feedback phys dmg per energy. With 8-10k energy it farms quite nicely.
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
I don't think Akarat has changed, you just need to outdamage his regen when he's low on life. If u're sure u can't kill him, respec to Naginata (any half decent craft will do, probably T4 Halberd as well), slap him with Backstab and plant a Broadside next to him. He'll melt instantly. In fact, the only time I was able to kill him at lvl110 is with Naginata sin. If u're spamming Psi Storm, u likely won't have mana to end his life. What u could do is get him to half health or so (he won't regen yet), lure him away or let him fight ur merc, wait till u see "immune to damage", go to K3K entrance (regen mana in meantime), kill a follower, turn back on Akerat, slam all u got at him.This way you effectivly double your number of casts capacity. If that doesn't work, you just dont have damage/sec to kill him.
Nicolas72
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
After getting 400 sigs my damage without the proper set is 10k now and Akarat melts 8 out of 10 times.
Best bet would be to prechug a Mana pot and cast storm on him. Of course it helps if one of his followers randomly walks into the kill zone afterwards.
My WC barb had the same problem but he could never reliably kill him no matter what (end game gear was way to rare for me to obtain) so i just ran by him.
With my Totemancer i do not even stop BtS on my way to K3K he just pops like a cherry bomb .