Psionic Storm Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Is Psionic Storm healing bugged?

- When I started it healed 6% of life.
- The skill synergy says "2% increased healing per base level in the Psionic tree (max 100%)".
- I now have 25 points in the P. tree but the PS skill now heals only 7%.

So unless the "2% increased healing" means "2% of the original 6%" this doesn't seem to be working.

No-one else seems to be complaining about it so I guess there's something more to know?
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
Nicolas72 wrote:Howdy folks.
After the ,at least for me, huge bow druid disappointment I have decided to try the psi assassin.

Same here. Bow druid is a big dissapointment for me too. Anyhow - I used Singularity somewhere up to 116-117. For Akerat, if u wanna do him early, grab a Shapshifter merc (he's probably the best for this class). Let him tank Akerat while you slap Doom + 2x Singulariy + Psi Storms on him. Should melt...he's just a damage check. If u have trouble you probaby havent 400 sigs. Make sure u socket all items with + energy.
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Captcha wrote:Is Psionic Storm healing bugged?

- The skill synergy says "2% increased healing per base level in the Psionic tree (max 100%)".

So unless the "2% increased healing" means "2% of the original 6%" this doesn't seem to be working.

No-one else seems to be complaining about it so I guess there's something more to know?

its fine i guess, caps out at 10% somewhere in mid game
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
Captcha wrote:Is Psionic Storm healing bugged?

It's 2% of the initial 5%. Unfortunately someone thought that making that description inconsistent with every single other ability's description in this game was a smart and totally not confusing choice.

Basically each point adds 0.1% extra healing and caps at 10%.
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
akbugger wrote:For Akerat, if u wanna do him early, grab a Shapshifter merc (he's probably the best for this class). Let him tank Akerat while you slap Doom + 2x Singulariy + Psi Storms on him. Should melt...he's just a damage check. If u have trouble you probaby havent 400 sigs. Make sure u socket all items with + energy.

I am 99% sure akarat only heals when he can melee sth. I couldnt do it with merc tanking him but without Merc he never healed. Or maybe the AI just bugged?
Edited by TTraw 3 years.
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Great Guide Badge
akbugger wrote:
Sfp4 wrote:
akbugger wrote:
Sfp4 wrote:
Thinking of going for baal trophy on sleep for the 50% mana regen, would probably be really nice.

It is. It's virtually mandatory in high labs.

Are you doing high labs with vizjun set? Im thinking it might be very difficult with killing vector

Actually i see now that you cant use claw block anymore so thats my mistake, unfortunate wed be too op

I'm only using
Vizjun's Monitor
Vizjun's Monitor
Katar (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 36 to 37
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 80
Required Dexterity: 333
Item Level: 1
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
+4 to Assassin Skill Levels
25% Hit Recovery
+(21 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+50 to Strength
(20 to 25)% to Vitality
(20 to 25)% to Energy
Socketed (3)

Vizjun's Devices
(Assassin Trap Set)
since it gives you 25% extra energy. Fwiw, I think psi storm assassin would work better with Vizjun set than Psi set.....
Imo,
Universal Law
Universal Law
(Assassin Psionic Set)

Dead Lens
Hypersurface
Killing Vector
Quantum Bevel

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+20% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+150 to Energy
+500 to Life

Set Bonus with complete set:
+15% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+60 to Orb of Annihilation
+1500 to Mana
Elemental Resists +25%
Physical Resist 5%
+100 Life after each Kill

is just plain awful for this build.
Quantum Bevel
Quantum Bevel
Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: (1339 - 1506) to (1567 - 1763)
Required Strength:
+(16 to 20)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+100 to Energy
Maximum Mana +(11 to 15)%
(16 to 20)% Magic Find
Requirements -40%
Socketed (4)

Universal Law
(Assassin Psionic Set)
- 100 Energy.
Dead Lens
Dead Lens
Totem Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (1390 - 1737) to (1610 - 2012)
Chance to Block: 5%
(Assassin Only)
Required Dexterity: 527
1% Base Block Chance
(31 to 40)% Block Speed
+(100 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to Dexterity
+(21 to 25) to Vitality
+100 to Energy
Socketed (6)

Universal Law
(Assassin Psionic Set)
- 100 Energy.
Hypersurface
Hypersurface
Leather Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (8272 - 8918) to (8579 - 9257)
Required Strength:
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+2000 Defense
+200 to Energy
+(401 to 500) to Life
+(101 to 150) Life after each Kill
Requirements -40%
Socketed (6)

Universal Law
(Assassin Psionic Set)
- 200 Energy.
Killing Vector
Killing Vector
Cestus (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 41 to 43
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 90
Required Dexterity: 349
+(1 to 3) to Assassin Skill Levels
+(33 to 55) Spell Focus
(21 to 30)% Cast Speed
+(9 to 16) to Doom (Assassin Only)
+200 to Energy
Socketed (3)

Universal Law
(Assassin Psionic Set)
- 200 Energy.

So for wasting 4 slots you get 600 + 150 (3 pieces bonus) = 750 energy total and 9 to skill levels bonus. Its really bad trade. No % bonus on any single piece. One piece I'd consider using is
Killing Vector
Killing Vector
Cestus (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 41 to 43
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 90
Required Dexterity: 349
+(1 to 3) to Assassin Skill Levels
+(33 to 55) Spell Focus
(21 to 30)% Cast Speed
+(9 to 16) to Doom (Assassin Only)
+200 to Energy
Socketed (3)

Universal Law
(Assassin Psionic Set)
, and I don't think it's that good.

i think
Universal Law
Universal Law
(Assassin Psionic Set)

Dead Lens
Hypersurface
Killing Vector
Quantum Bevel

+150 to Energy
+500 to Life

+1500 to Mana
Elemental Resists +25%
Physical Resist 5%

is better than
Vizjun's Devices
Vizjun's Devices
(Assassin Trap Set)

Vizjun's Engine
Vizjun's Foresight
Vizjun's Monitor
Vizjun's Science

+75 Spell Focus
Elemental Resists +40%

+3 to Assassin Skill Levels
50% Cast Speed

+5 to Assassin Skill Levels
+150 to Vitality
+250 to Energy
+200 Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
4% Reanimate as: Undead Scout

for all content except labs (which i dont do, so wont argue on that). you dont need %energy on the set, you get enough % energy from sockets, charms and other gear. the flat energy becomes huge when multiplied by % energy you get from other sources.
Vizjun's Devices
Vizjun's Devices
(Assassin Trap Set)

Vizjun's Engine
Vizjun's Foresight
Vizjun's Monitor
Vizjun's Science

+75 Spell Focus
Elemental Resists +40%

+3 to Assassin Skill Levels
50% Cast Speed

+5 to Assassin Skill Levels
+150 to Vitality
+250 to Energy
+200 Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
4% Reanimate as: Undead Scout

is safer set, but if you wanna go all out on damage wear
Universal Law
Universal Law
(Assassin Psionic Set)

Dead Lens
Hypersurface
Killing Vector
Quantum Bevel

+150 to Energy
+500 to Life

+1500 to Mana
Elemental Resists +25%
Physical Resist 5%

ParticuLarry wrote:Didn't some level 140 psionic storm sin say a week ago that using mana regeneration runes solves all mana problems? Have you tried it out?

Sfp4 wrote:Tearing shit up with this build.

Thinking of going for baal trophy on sleep for the 50% mana regen, would probably be really nice.

akbugger wrote:
Sfp4 wrote:

It is. It's virtually mandatory in high labs.

I just ran a test. 285% mana regen (15x mana regen mo, lorekeepers, 6 sur runes in weapons, baal trophy sleep, baal charm), 7fpa casting. it lets you cast uninterrupted for around 4.40 seconds. add another 150% from an active mana potion - 435% total mana regen. thats 5.30 seconds uninterrupted casting. Changing items cut my damage by more than 20% compared to the baseline 85% mana regen you get from just moing your amu rings and having a regular baal charm. 85% mana regen lets you cast for around 3.50 seconds. thats far longer than youll be a stay in one place in most ubers.

theres zero reason to push for more than 85%/235% (with potion) mana regen for any content outside of labs/samael and maybe laz. that is, unless you absolutely despise drinking potions. switching out weapon runes from Um to Sur is furthest id go.
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
Thing is - you (myself at least) don't need that much damage.My sin has about 30% less energy than ur build - yet in Fauzt, the only enemies that don't melt in one cast are those magic absorb, they take 2 (if I ever push my sin to lvl142 they'll take one as well since I'll be able to MO more). I'd much rather have virtually no dead time sitting around waiting for the bulb to fill and just quickly be done with farming run than overkilling stuff, especially since only XP I can get now is labs. And yes, I don't use mana potions. Now I tried less mana regen intensive setup but I didn't really like it. Not that anything is wrong with it; it simply feels darn slow and klunky after playing the way I'm used to. And pressing a key every 6 seconds reminds me of Neutraldin so that's a no for me.
Psi set just has so much wasted stuff, Spell Focus, Doom bonus, + to Spell Damage, Life after kill, huge mana etc.
Decent crafts will give u more energy/+ skills if damage is what u want.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Since it's hard to keep the mana bulb filled for this build, would it be worth thinking about builds using PS as a 1-pointer (or at least, as a non-primary skill)? Some examples off the top of my head:

1. Max singularity, 1 pt PS (or more?), 20 Doom. Go for high energy and regen as in the full-PS build.
Singularity does phys dmg so Doom will help a lot.
Use PS mainly as a heal, but with max energy and regen approach the damage may be decent too, so it may be like a bottomless healing pot that also fries a few crispy critters while you heal.

2. Maelstrom throw build.
This will use Doom so it will get 1-pt PS en route.
It maxes dex so the PS damage may not be worth worrying about but it uses
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Runeword Level: 75
Adds 7-13 Damage
+(58 to 72)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
Physical Damage Reduced by (11 to 15)
+(3 to 5) Mana on Striking
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
or
Void (Xis)
so after pumping a few PS to heal, it can refill the mana bulb with a few throws.

Just throwing some ideas around. Any mileage in builds using PS as non-primary skill?
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Great Guide Badge
Captcha wrote:Since it's hard to keep the mana bulb filled for this build, would it be worth thinking about builds using PS as a 1-pointer (or at least, as a non-primary skill)? Some examples off the top of my head:

1. Max singularity, 1 pt PS (or more?), 20 Doom. Go for high energy and regen as in the full-PS build.
Singularity does phys dmg so Doom will help a lot.
Use PS mainly as a heal, but with max energy and regen approach the damage may be decent too, so it may be like a bottomless healing pot that also fries a few crispy critters while you heal.

2. Maelstrom throw build.
This will use Doom so it will get 1-pt PS en route.
It maxes dex so the PS damage may not be worth worrying about but it uses
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Runeword Level: 75
Adds 7-13 Damage
+(58 to 72)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
Physical Damage Reduced by (11 to 15)
+(3 to 5) Mana on Striking
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
or
Void (Xis)
so after pumping a few PS to heal, it can refill the mana bulb with a few throws.

Just throwing some ideas around. Any mileage in builds using PS as non-primary skill?

psionic storm will always drain 10% of your maximum mana in addition to its flat cost, so putting 1 point into it wont change much other than gimping damage. its also not good at healing spiky damage, because 10% is not much and you risk getting killed when you stop to cast it

akbugger wrote:Thing is - you (myself at least) don't need that much damage.My sin has about 30% less energy than ur build - yet in Fauzt, the only enemies that don't melt in one cast are those magic absorb, they take 2 (if I ever push my sin to lvl142 they'll take one as well since I'll be able to MO more). I'd much rather have virtually no dead time sitting around waiting for the bulb to fill and just quickly be done with farming run than overkilling stuff, especially since only XP I can get now is labs.

i wouldnt farm anything other than teganze with psi storm. if you try to put more than 200 mf into the build it starts falling apart in terms of damage. then again, whats not acceptable farming speed for me can be perfectly acceptable for someone else.
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
bapcja wrote:
akbugger wrote:Thing is - you (myself at least) don't need that much damage.My sin has about 30% less energy than ur build - yet in Fauzt, the only enemies that don't melt in one cast are those magic absorb, they take 2 (if I ever push my sin to lvl142 they'll take one as well since I'll be able to MO more). I'd much rather have virtually no dead time sitting around waiting for the bulb to fill and just quickly be done with farming run than overkilling stuff, especially since only XP I can get now is labs.

i wouldnt farm anything other than teganze with psi storm. if you try to put more than 200 mf into the build it starts falling apart.

That's why I dont go max damage route. It's simply overkill. My tooltip say Psi storm does 28k damage, which is 50% less than on your build (if I get MOs for weapons I could theoretically get and additional +70-80% on energy) - it's still more than enough.