Psionic Storm Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Wouldn't
Dawn (Xis)
be a solid choice too? Or even
Eternal Bodyguard
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
Diaco wrote:Wouldn't
Dawn (Xis)
be a solid choice too? Or even
Eternal Bodyguard

I havent tried
Dawn (Xis)
but it should be good. What I don't like about it is no + skills...I might try it- looking at it; 75% is crazy.
Eternal Bodyguard
Tried it, didnt like it. Stats are great, PR also. While u have access to Shadow Refuge, you have to hit something in melee to activate it which can be rather unpleasant, so this can help. The problem I have with it is that it's a shield. You loose out on mana regen. And on my character I havent invested in block speed. A single block animation in labs can kill u unless u invest in fbr.
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
P.S.

One more reason against using
Dawn (Xis)
is - no socket space. You need to socket jewels to make one.
cma78
Banned
20 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Any chance you could make a milestone section for new players ? thanks!.
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
cma78 wrote:Any chance you could make a milestone section for new players ? thanks!.

Good idea. Ill, time permitting along with more videos and alternate setups for different content.
Baryta
Destroyer
6 | 0
First time playing an assassin so I might be missing something, but in the skills section it says to put a point in shadow dancer for Block%. Looking at the tooltip there isn't anything about block on that skill, is there some synergy I'm not seeing?
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Baryta wrote:First time playing an assassin so I might be missing something, but in the skills section it says to put a point in shadow dancer for Block%. Looking at the tooltip there isn't anything about block on that skill, is there some synergy I'm not seeing?

Yes, it only appears once you put a point in it. Grants +2% block chance during Bloodbath. Only makes sense if you are using a shield.
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
One thing I noticed is that you mention using Pinnacle, but never mention how many points you put into it.
Nicolas72
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
Howdy folks.
After the ,at least for me, huge bow druid disappointment I have decided to try the psi assassin.
Normal, Nightmare and early Hell were a breeze but of course one will hit a wall eventually, as it is in my case.
Right now I am busy farming the 400 sigs to boost my energy to get the most out of the build.
Now for my questions....
If I equip an Amulet that has "5% Chance to cast level 44 Doom on Kill" will it stack with my class innate doom spell ?
From how i understood it, using that kind of Amulet does not help much for classes that can not spec in doom itself.
Second question, what would be the best source of reanimates for this kind of build ? Using a random +1sk ring with a 2% on it and I have to say those little buggers help a lot as far as survivability is concerned.
I am planning on going with the full
Vizjun's Devices
Vizjun's Devices
(Assassin Trap Set)

Vizjun's Engine
Vizjun's Foresight
Vizjun's Monitor
Vizjun's Science

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+75 Spell Focus
Elemental Resists +40%

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+3 to Assassin Skill Levels
50% Cast Speed

Set Bonus with complete set:
+5 to Assassin Skill Levels
+150 to Vitality
+250 to Energy
+200 Life Regenerated per Second
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
4% Reanimate as: Undead Scout

set which would give me 4% Reanimate as: Magineer.
It might be just my eyesight but those Horror Hawks in K3k are just too easy to miss sometimes. (Unless they are "doomed")
Speaking of K3k. I am having a hard time killing Akarat with 6k dmg at the moment. My previous season WC Barb had exactly the same problem. Trash mobs are no problem whatsoever but this little shizznot is a pain in the rear to get rid of with this build and my current damage.
I suppose this will sort itself out once i have all the sigs. (Not really looking forward to getting killed my Storm Shamans hehe)
Thanks in advance... really liking this class so far it is a nice diversion from my Totemancer or Neutraldin.
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
"on Kill" only procs from weapon damage induced deaths, so no. The moment I put on the
Universal Law
Universal Law
(Assassin Psionic Set)

Dead Lens
Hypersurface
Killing Vector
Quantum Bevel

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+20% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+150 to Energy