Cold Werewolf Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Uubie
Ice Clan
560 | 7
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Legendary Auction Badge
Won 500 auctions
suchbalance wrote:
MetalMusicMan wrote:LCS is LCS but Cold Spell Damage does work on Twisted Claw according to this:

viewtopic.php?t=186

Nice guide. Just a small correction: cold spell damage doesn't affect twisted claw, because it deals 99% of its damage through the twisters which are ranged projectiles. The only skill in the wolf tree which benefits from spell damage would be Mana Pulse.

Does cold spell damage affect harbinger, in terms of farming? In that case another armor and helm would be better I guess.
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
132 | 30
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
suchbalance wrote:
MetalMusicMan wrote:LCS is LCS but Cold Spell Damage does work on Twisted Claw according to this:

viewtopic.php?t=186

Nice guide. Just a small correction: cold spell damage doesn't affect twisted claw, because it deals 99% of its damage through the twisters which are ranged projectiles. The only skill in the wolf tree which benefits from spell damage would be Mana Pulse.

TY!

Clarifying, does it not affect the Melee hit of the ability from the flat cold? That was my understanding from the linked post. I'll update it to specify benefits for the on-striking spells instead for now.
Edited by MetalMusicMan 3 years.
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Nice guide. I appreciate someone doing a writeup on cold ele wolf dudu.

Some gear ideas that may be worth considering:

-
Nezha (Xis)
- This is gonna do some real work. 50% dex is a very real and really strong mod that can in some cases outweigh what coldhunger offers, and it's the kind of item that's worth crafting until you get that high dex mod. 50% dex and 80MF is a really strong farming helm.
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
132 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Updated the Cold Spell Damage to focus more on on-striking procs.

---

OrphineM wrote:Nice guide. I appreciate someone doing a writeup on cold ele wolf dudu.

Some gear ideas that may be worth considering:

-
Nezha (Xis)
- This is gonna do some real work. 50% dex is a very real and really strong mod that can in some cases outweigh what coldhunger offers, and it's the kind of item that's worth crafting until you get that high dex mod. 50% dex and 80MF is a really strong farming helm.

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. I added it, tx!
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
MetalMusicMan wrote:
suchbalance wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=186

TY!

Clarifying, does it not affect the Melee hit of the ability from the flat cold? That was my understanding from the linked post. I'll update it to specify benefits for the on-striking spells instead for now.

I assume that it only scales on the initial hit but that's not what is doing damage, the damage comes from the twisters, so you probably do scale on the actual hit (assuming you deal flat cold damage) but that's why suchbalance said 99% of the damage doesn't scale. If it worked like you thought it did, then all physical projectile procs would carry scaled flat elemental damage, so you could make procs builds but focus on spell damage to scale flat elemental damage.
zeitzi
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
How about mo'ing TU's? Sockets to Resists and then Dex? How to transit?
I already struggle with A3 on nightmare, fully T3/ T4 Uniques, max Res with honirifc boots, T4 Crystal blade Mo'ed to max... but i drop as **** as soon as I enter bigger groups.

On normal you just glide through like butter but on nightmare the increase in difficulty never felt this hard to me with all the chars i played / am still playing so far...

Appreciate your content though, i just miss more stuff for beginners , because its a very early game --> Endgame Session, i kinda miss the transition and the picky details, such as mo's, etc.

Keep up your great work!

Regards,
Philipp
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
132 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
zeitzi wrote:How about mo'ing TU's? Sockets to Resists and then Dex? How to transit?
I already struggle with A3 on nightmare, fully T3/ T4 Uniques, max Res with honirifc boots, T4 Crystal blade Mo'ed to max... but i drop as **** as soon as I enter bigger groups.

On normal you just glide through like butter but on nightmare the increase in difficulty never felt this hard to me with all the chars i played / am still playing so far...

Appreciate your content though, i just miss more stuff for beginners , because its a very early game --> Endgame Session, i kinda miss the transition and the picky details, such as mo's, etc.

Keep up your great work!

Regards,
Philipp

How much Life on Attack and Physical Resistance do you have, and what is your Attack Speed Frame? Those are big in addition to Elemental Resist when surviving Nightmare/Hell.
zeitzi
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I am at 300 LoA + Belt (wormtongue) 18% Leech. Attack speed frame mo'ed as suggested, currently am at 159% without IAS Jewels (dont craft that early), so i am at 4 Frames ...

I followed everything as mentioned, thats why i am being a bit confused here
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
132 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
zeitzi wrote:I am at 300 LoA + Belt (wormtongue) 18% Leech. Attack speed frame mo'ed as suggested, currently am at 159% without IAS Jewels (dont craft that early), so i am at 4 Frames ...

I followed everything as mentioned, thats why i am being a bit confused here

Only thing left to wonder gear-wise is about Physical Resistance then, if you have 30+% or so of that you should be good for NM and Hell. Oh, and make sure you have at least 86% FHR as well.

Nightmare was very easy for me with that setup, so if you are still struggling you might just not be used to the playstyle of teleporting around with Harbinger yet -- the mobility is a big part of your defense so there is a large learning curve element to it.
zeitzi
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
do i constantly teleport, stop, do damage with the claw and switch back to teleport again?
Because i feel like my Harbinger is 200 times weaker now compared to frost claw, and i would have to jump around enemies for seconds (like literally 10 seconds of perm. casting) to drop them :(

Edit: Phy Res is 0, but the guide really doesnt give you any items that provide phy res, and at level 74 i dont have access to any important ulti skill yet

Another thing i realize is that only 50% of the time , harbinger is actually healing me. I tested on 2 enemies, and there were even 10 casts without an LoA
Edited by zeitzi 3 years.