Cold Werewolf Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Giu
Core Lord
390 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
kagens wrote:Does life on attack work with Harbinger? because i dont feel it at all

no, only melee attacks.
greenlund
Skeleton
3 | 0
Would this be a good item to use? the on proc thingies look nice and it has some spell pen and spell dmg. The spell focus seem redundant though.
Astral Blade
Astral Blade
Long Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 45 to 48
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 540
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
+1 Hunting Banshee/Ember Spirit Projectile
8% Chance to cast level 13 Mythal on Melee Attack
15% Chance to cast level 60 Ember Spirit on Melee Attack
15% Chance to cast level 60 Hunting Banshee on Melee Attack
+(100 to 125) Spell Focus
100% Attack Speed
+(20 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(20 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Socketed (6)
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
132 | 30
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
greenlund wrote:Would this be a good item to use? the on proc thingies look nice and it has some spell pen and spell dmg. The spell focus seem redundant though.
Astral Blade
Astral Blade
Long Sword (Sacred)

100% Attack Speed
Socketed (6)

You could hit 3fa with 220 WIAS on that. Cold Blood is still better IMO because of its innate elemental damage meaning you will hit with each attack muuuuch harder. Tornado damage from Twisted Claw would still be the same though and that is the majority of the spec's damage, so this weapon might be decent if you wanted a more cast/proc-focused version of this build. I would be surprised if it was nearly as good/viable as Cold Blood, but I haven't tested it myself so I can't be sure. I would think that, if you wanted to build around that weapon, that the Spell Focus would actually be good because you'd be focusing even more on proccing spells. You might even want to max Survival Instincts and become a sort of Unholy Melee Caster. Definitely an interesting thought.
greenlund
Skeleton
3 | 0
MetalMusicMan wrote:
greenlund wrote:Would this be a good item to use? the on proc thingies look nice and it has some spell pen and spell dmg. The spell focus seem redundant though.
Astral Blade
Astral Blade
Long Sword (Sacred)

100% Attack Speed
Socketed (6)

You could hit 3fa with 220 WIAS on that. Cold Blood is still better IMO because of its innate elemental damage meaning you will hit with each attack muuuuch harder. Tornado damage from Twisted Claw would still be the same though and that is the majority of the spec's damage, so this weapon might be decent if you wanted a more cast/proc-focused version of this build. I would be surprised if it was nearly as good/viable as Cold Blood, but I haven't tested it myself so I can't be sure. I would think that, if you wanted to build around that weapon, that the Spell Focus would actually be good because you'd be focusing even more on proccing spells. You might even want to max Survival Instincts and become a sort of Unholy Melee Caster. Definitely an interesting thought.

That does sounds interesting. But is not the Spell focus mainly a thing if I dump a lot of points into energy? Which seems weird to do for a wolf build.
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
132 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
greenlund wrote:
MetalMusicMan wrote:
Astral Blade
Astral Blade
Long Sword (Sacred)

100% Attack Speed
Socketed (6)

That does sounds interesting. But is not the Spell focus mainly a thing if I dump a lot of points into energy? Which seems weird to do for a wolf build.

I believe they scale separately, though I am not much of a caster player. But IIRC since the rework, you can get up to 1,000 Spell Focus and it is still useful for Spell Damage even without putting points into energy. So hypothetically it wouldn't be that bad, I think? I'm definitely curious about that setup, I won't try it this league most likely but that item has piqued my interest.
mirana
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
which charm would you recommend to cube with sleep for this build? the phys resist/defense one?
Jokjok
Destroyer
7 | 0
mirana wrote:which charm would you recommend to cube with sleep for this build? the phys resist/defense one?

I used Kab trophy for - 10 res, since is usefull and easy. Void or Uldy trophy are probably better in terms od damage.With decent gear you wont need much defense so deffinitely go for offensive bonus.
Jokjok
Destroyer
7 | 0
OrphineM wrote:Nice guide. I appreciate someone doing a writeup on cold ele wolf dudu.

Some gear ideas that may be worth considering:

-
Nezha (Xis)
- This is gonna do some real work. 50% dex is a very real and really strong mod that can in some cases outweigh what coldhunger offers, and it's the kind of item that's worth crafting until you get that high dex mod. 50% dex and 80MF is a really strong farming helm.

Having Cold hunger and that - 35 res really takes off pressure of the rest of your gear allowing you to make
atleast 3 pieces od gear abandon craft/bless, resulting in more Dex overall. But Nezha is really good, no doubt about that.
Jokjok
Destroyer
7 | 0
Jokjok wrote:
mirana wrote:which charm would you recommend to cube with sleep for this build? the phys resist/defense one?

I used Kab trophy for - 10 res, since is usefull and easy. Void or Uldy trophy are probably better in terms od damage.With decent gear you wont need much defense so deffinitely go for offensive bonus.

Triune, not Void.
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
132 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge

Vizjun probably best defensively and Kabraxis or maybe Triune probably for offense. I used Xazax on my The Sleep because MF is nice and I had one already, but I think I will redo the sleep and farm for a Vizjun trophy probably as the defense and phys res is nice and I already have a lot of pen.