Cold Werewolf Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
132 | 30
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Captcha wrote:
vekara wrote:
Captcha wrote:
vekara wrote:
Captcha wrote:I'm struggling a bit with the play style of wolf druid early on.

There are places where there's no enemies for a while and mana runs down to 0. Should we be switching out of wolf form until we see something to attack?
In fact overall it seems to be a build that you can never stand still, always need to be killing something or your mana drops fast?

The guide says to replenish mana with just one hit of Mana Pulse every few seconds. It takes 4 or 5 for me before it refreshes.

Any help appreciated.

Prefer you to play caster till cold blood and some of bis gear on

Cold blood? That's a very long way down the track?

The OP has recommendations for going to cold druid at Act V normal or early NM.

Tested it and didnt like the speed. Hunting banshee was smooth to sailing to 120 and farm dung for cold blood for me. Ofc you can do respec earlier as quide says

I think you may have a point. :thumb:

Wolf is totally fine to level through the game, I've done it several times. Running out of mana in between packs is no big deal, just Mana Pulse when you get to the next one. But yeah, if you are expecting a super clear-speed oriented character this is not it. It's a boss shrekker with clear that is fine but not exceptional.
bibel89
Gravedigger
181 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
hmmm, is it better to get more life leech instead life attack on melee attack? because i think harbinger dont have effect from life on melee attack cuz its warp strike?
Mr_Ali
Rust Claw
87 | 2
bibel89 wrote:hmmm, is it better to get more life leech instead life attack on melee attack? because i think harbinger dont have effect from life on melee attack cuz its warp strike?

Elemental weapons don't benefit from life leech. You need a physical damage source
Nitesho
Skeleton
3 | 1
MetalMusicMan wrote:
deltaco1023 wrote:Just wanted to point out symbiosis max isn't 4 -- it's 20. 1% per point to hit 50 %. Just sayin' :)

Whoops, I updated the talent list but not the description. It's updated now, thanks!

sjtem3 wrote:My pleasure, thanks for the guide.

Again though, any thoughts as to hellfire vs nats? Trying to decide if farming teganze is worth it

Hard to say without seeing the stats, but I would guess it will be competitive with Hellfire or maybe better. The Spark of Life proc on Hellfire is really nice though because Werewolf lacks movement speed, so that would be a large quality of life increase as well as a nice defensive boost for moving around in certain fights. I'm sure either will be good but I can't say which is better without seeing Natasha's stats.

From the #Sigma-Leeks channel on the MXL discord.
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
132 | 30
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Nitesho wrote:From the #Sigma-Leeks channel on the MXL discord.

Thank you! I added that image to the guide.

I think Hellfire Plate will be better in almost every situation because of the offense and quality of life from Lifespark. But you can't argue with Natasha's extra defenses for something like Labyrinth.
bibel89
Gravedigger
181 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
how about farming in scosglen? is it viable?

i feel like lack of life leech or gain something.

if i keep using harbinger my life is just drained, cannot be sustained with only regen.

and also, i think harbinger is not affected by life on melee attack
blixtbob
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hi guys!

I finally after many hours of agonizingly slow cow lvl farming found all the pieces i needed for crafting a sacred crystal sword. I have put on the runes and MO's to get 115 attack speed, 300 life on melee attack, and 20% innate elemental damage. My question to you is, how do i finish this craft from here on out? Which MO's do u suggest, if any, and how does shrine blessing work - does it also raise the required level of the item?

LOVING the playstyle so far and your guide is well written indeed,so thank you for that :)

PS another question - if im unhappy with the current jewels in the weapon, can i disjoint them and put in new ones? or will that brick it? After playing half an hour with this weapon i really feel i need to make it indestructible, the durability just isnt enough for a weapon that hits so fast :) .

CHeers
vekara
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
blixtbob wrote:Hi guys!

I finally after many hours of agonizingly slow cow lvl farming found all the pieces i needed for crafting a sacred crystal sword. I have put on the runes and MO's to get 115 attack speed, 300 life on melee attack, and 20% innate elemental damage. My question to you is, how do i finish this craft from here on out? Which MO's do u suggest, if any, and how does shrine blessing work - does it also raise the required level of the item?

LOVING the playstyle so far and your guide is well written indeed,so thank you for that :)

PS another question - if im unhappy with the current jewels in the weapon, can i disjoint them and put in new ones? or will that brick it? After playing half an hour with this weapon i really feel i need to make it indestructible, the durability just isnt enough for a weapon that hits so fast :) .

CHeers

Start looking upgrade cold blood or kraken cutlass or rare cs for shrine crafting

Cobe with Oil of disconjuction or something in vendors to unsocket
Mr_Ali
Rust Claw
87 | 2
Nitesho wrote:
MetalMusicMan wrote:
deltaco1023 wrote:Just wanted to point out symbiosis max isn't 4 -- it's 20. 1% per point to hit 50 %. Just sayin' :)

Whoops, I updated the talent list but not the description. It's updated now, thanks!

sjtem3 wrote:My pleasure, thanks for the guide.

Again though, any thoughts as to hellfire vs nats? Trying to decide if farming teganze is worth it

Hard to say without seeing the stats, but I would guess it will be competitive with Hellfire or maybe better. The Spark of Life proc on Hellfire is really nice though because Werewolf lacks movement speed, so that would be a large quality of life increase as well as a nice defensive boost for moving around in certain fights. I'm sure either will be good but I can't say which is better without seeing Natasha's stats.

From the #Sigma-Leeks channel on the MXL discord.

FYI this isn't the best possible roll. It can get upto +4 skill and I got one with almost 30 pierce
fitzvirus
Invader
8 | 2
bibel89 wrote:how about farming in scosglen? is it viable?

i feel like lack of life leech or gain something.

if i keep using harbinger my life is just drained, cannot be sustained with only regen.

and also, i think harbinger is not affected by life on melee attack

I have gotten wolf to the point finally where I can cheese Scosglen. The key seemed to be 85 res AND hellfire plate. Pounce small guys, get out of spriggan fire and claw them. Focus kill etherborns on sight. Use bane and howl. Testing the drops. The ACs from ethers is nice but the small guys dropped a bur 30 so I might just pounce nonstop and ignore all but big trees.

The modification to the build is to not point Survival instinct. Instead one point fairy fire. With spec maxxed 25 points in wolf, and symbiosis. At level 135 you are looking at 70-74 Avoid.

People will cry about not having damage from survival but with 74% avoid I was able to mostly stand in uldlys death blast and not die. While STILL killing him in under 5mins because of the new howl.

Keep in mind I have 200 Peirce+ with howl
I will post my gear soon but it's not crazy. Have the listed gear in guide except I use qt ammy and witchcraft rings.