The Hireling Handbook - A Guide to Mercenaries

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
NotCube wrote:
Jo_Jo wrote:Did the Shapeshifters got nerfed? He used to walk all over the place like a boss, and now hes getting obliterated everywhere (115+ areas)

That seems to be the case. Not just shapeshifter, all mercs get vaporized in farm zones even with good gear now. A3 mercs (such as necrolyte) are fairing a bit better than others due to high defense and still having access to high physical resist like A2 mercs thanks to
Curandera

Curandera
Sorceress Body Armors

'ZurUmTaha'
Runeword Level: 115
+4 to Sorceress Skill Levels
20% Cast Speed
-10% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+200% Enhanced Defense
+1 Life Regenerated per Second (Based on Character Level)
Regenerate Mana +7%
Elemental Resists +(45 to 65)%
Physical Resist 30%

kidoyang wrote:Any merc can really survive in Scosglen after 2.0?

Maybe with crazy gear, but so far, none.

I believe it was suchbalance whom loathed mercs due to being unable to balance around them, so I'm fairly certain that unless this was an unintended nerf, it might be an manufactured issue. I hope I'm wrong because I personally love having a merc around and for me personally, I find not having one (due to constant death) is actually bugging me to the point where I feel my enjoyment of the game waning... Just another reason to do 'something else' with my time than sink hours into a game where I feel several fun features have been tweaked to remove their element fun. Mercs are definitely one of them. Perhaps it's psychological, having your merc tag along with you feels like your not playing alone. I mean Jesus, when given a placebo, they have been proven to be effective up to 60% of the time in some cases, thus is the power of the mind. That little dude running next to me, feels like a part of my team. Losing him and being unable to keep him alive feels not good... It leaves an unpleasant feeling. I don't really give a fuck if he does adequate damage or not, it's nice that he can tank some of the damage. Idk, for me, I am personally missing having a constant Merc buddy, and yes, I am being sincere here. Just my 2-cents.
zeitzi
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
yeap, i tried full geared and runed / socketed / Moed Mercs and where last season, a good a1 or a5 merc could solo clear Fauzt or Dunc, now no matter what farming map i play, my mercs are getting wrecked so quickly, i feel like they are not worth it anymore.

and with build where you really like having a tank or DD around you, its worse than just a feeling to miss something...

Kinda guess spawns and such have been increased, made more difficult at some point ... but the mercs just cannot keep up with the new changes. Unintenionally, that i am sure of. But still, fun decreasing, which is why i am really thinking about going back to 1.8 and playing SP only :/
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
zeitzi wrote:yeap, i tried full geared and runed / socketed / Moed Mercs and where last season, a good a1 or a5 merc could solo clear Fauzt or Dunc, now no matter what farming map i play, my mercs are getting wrecked so quickly, i feel like they are not worth it anymore.

and with build where you really like having a tank or DD around you, its worse than just a feeling to miss something...

Kinda guess spawns and such have been increased, made more difficult at some point ... but the mercs just cannot keep up with the new changes. Unintenionally, that i am sure of. But still, fun decreasing, which is why i am really thinking about going back to 1.8 and playing SP only :/

I noticed too, that mercs are weaker. And not just survivality, all the actions and AI too. But how can you go back to 1.8? I always play in SP. Where can we get the old versions?
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Have a look at the forum someone has recently uploaded version 1.8 to mediafare.
zeitzi
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
nemmate wrote:
zeitzi wrote:yeap, i tried full geared and runed / socketed / Moed Mercs and where last season, a good a1 or a5 merc could solo clear Fauzt or Dunc, now no matter what farming map i play, my mercs are getting wrecked so quickly, i feel like they are not worth it anymore.

I noticed too, that mercs are weaker. And not just survivality, all the actions and AI too. But how can you go back to 1.8? I always play in SP. Where can we get the old versions?

couldnt agree more, AI feels "dumb", many moments just standing around, not following me, getting shot by 200 tengaze bubbles ^^
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
nemmate wrote:

Compared to the other versions they got a big nerf in damage it seems, my A5 merc can barely kill anything now, in terms of resistence i did not saw much of a difference, they still die with one shot in some areas even with great gear and max resistences.
Also the AI seems to be much weaker now, if you run too fast the AI turns off and you need to enter a portal to reactivate it.
zeitzi
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
yes, all of that :) i dont wanna be too harsh on it, supporting it still with donations and patreon, but 2.0 so far is giving me a hard time liking it as much as i liked the previous versions
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
zeitzi wrote:yes, all of that :) i dont wanna be too harsh on it, supporting it still with donations and patreon, but 2.0 so far is giving me a hard time liking it as much as i liked the previous versions

Oh no, dont get me wrong, i am loving it so far, also i dont care much about the merc since the build i am using now use minions.
The 2.0 is probably the best ive ever played.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Which Mo's do I need for a lab support rogue on webspinner ? I'm guessing some ED, IAS, and then, AR or something ?
also why Robe of Leaves ? looks like there could be some upgrades to this