SSF Bow Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
peace
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
I understand absolutely nothing of this build, abbreviations used or crafting methods. It's just for advanced players who know the mechanics of the mod. For the new fresh meats like me it's incomprehensible.

I started playing with the same build skills until I craft "Staff of Herding", now I only play with it (with his rainbow spell) because monsters die almost twice as fast, especially bosses.
p.s. I'm currently on Act 4 nm
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
peace wrote:I understand absolutely nothing of this build, abbreviations used or crafting methods. It's just for advanced players who know the mechanics of the mod. For the new fresh meats like me it's incomprehensible.

I started playing with the same build skills until I craft "Staff of Herding", now I only play with it (with his rainbow spell) because monsters die almost twice as fast, especially bosses.
p.s. I'm currently on Act 4 nm

Literally the first section of the guide explains all the abbreviations used for it. Check the "Abbreviations" spoiler
proletariat
Abomination
155 | 0
Not sure if it's here or in another guide, but what's the best workflow for adding a XIS? do you luck and MO the armour before adding jewels? Up until what point is that safe?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
proletariat wrote:Not sure if it's here or in another guide, but what's the best workflow for adding a XIS? do you luck and MO the armour before adding jewels? Up until what point is that safe?

It is all in the guide. The point to MO an item before making a runeword is to maximize defence/dmg, which Amazon has zero, def I mean. So don't bother.

And with a XIS you don't really get many upgrades (lvl reg 120), if you plan to get 140+ you could get a few UMO's there.

Edit: Damn though I was writing in amazon bow thread, Wulf you need to come up with some cool names for those builds so I don't get them messed up. :D
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
proletariat wrote:Not sure if it's here or in another guide, but what's the best workflow for adding a XIS? do you luck and MO the armour before adding jewels? Up until what point is that safe?

the only reason you'd want to MO before putting in the xis rune is if you want to bypass the cap off 200 enhanced defense/damage. besides that, MO before or after, it makes no difference.

follow this:

1) green oil base item (30%+ ed, with no sockets or max sockets)
2) successful luck roll (either 20%ed and 1pr for armor, and 20ed for weapons)
3) lucky all your jewels (ideally you want good ones as you cannot unsocket a xis runeword)
4) put the jewels in
5) put the "x"-xis rune in (item is now lvl 120)
6) MO at your pleasure.

if you want to bypass the 200%ed cap, simply add the 5x 15ed MOs before step 5, but be aware the item will turn lvl 140 once the xis rune goes in.
proletariat
Abomination
155 | 0
Wulf wrote:

the only reason you'd want to MO before putting in the xis rune is if you want to bypass the cap off 200 enhanced defense/damage. besides that, MO before or after, it makes no difference.

follow this:

1) green oil base item (30%+ ed, with no sockets or max sockets)
2) successful luck roll (either 20%ed and 1pr for armor, and 20ed for weapons)
3) lucky all your jewels (ideally you want good ones as you cannot unsocket a xis runeword)
4) put the jewels in
5) put the "x"-xis rune in (item is now lvl 120)
6) MO at your pleasure.

if you want to bypass the 200%ed cap, simply add the 5x 15ed MOs before step 5, but be aware the item will turn lvl 140 once the xis rune goes in.

Thanks, I made it with success and got it luckied w/ 1% physical. Great guides, your SSF bowzon guide is my go-to no matter which build I'm using...the principles of the milestones always remain!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
proletariat wrote:Thanks, I made it with success and got it luckied w/ 1% physical. Great guides, your SSF bowzon guide is my go-to no matter which build I'm using...the principles of the milestones always remain!

ragequit1337
Imp
5 | 0
I just managed to equip the Void-Touched bow. I dont know how you ever can get 5000 dex for the upgraded version. I MO'ed armor with Dex, wormhole with medium and large dex cycles, dex runes, 400 sig, ring enchantment with dex etc. and i barely got 3000 dex. So how can you stack up 5000 dex?
Myxir
Cog
225 | 13
ragequit1337 wrote:I just managed to equip the Void-Touched bow. I dont know how you ever can get 5000 dex for the upgraded version. I MO'ed armor with Dex, wormhole with medium and large dex cycles, dex runes, 400 sig, ring enchantment with dex etc. and i barely got 3000 dex. So how can you stack up 5000 dex?

It's require 4200 not 5000 dexterity. How to stack so much dex? You can use
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Ring

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 120
+1 to All Skills
(-15 to 25)% to Strength
(-15 to 25)% to Dexterity
(-15 to 25)% to Vitality
(-15 to 25)% to Energy
ring with 20%+ dex,
Nezha (Xis)
which gives you 35-50% total dex, upgraded umbaru with 60+ dexterity, any good abandoned crafts, in sockets put Io/perfect amethyst. I can easily reach 5k+ dexterity with only 1 abandoned craft, so it's doable.
ragequit1337
Imp
5 | 0
Myxir wrote:
ragequit1337 wrote:I just managed to equip the Void-Touched bow. I dont know how you ever can get 5000 dex for the upgraded version. I MO'ed armor with Dex, wormhole with medium and large dex cycles, dex runes, 400 sig, ring enchantment with dex etc. and i barely got 3000 dex. So how can you stack up 5000 dex?

It's require 4200 not 5000 dexterity. How to stack so much dex? You can use
Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Ring

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 120
+1 to All Skills
(-15 to 25)% to Strength
(-15 to 25)% to Dexterity
(-15 to 25)% to Vitality
(-15 to 25)% to Energy
ring with 20%+ dex,
Nezha (Xis)
which gives you 35-50% total dex, upgraded umbaru with 60+ dexterity, any good abandoned crafts, in sockets put Io/perfect amethyst. I can easily reach 5k+ dexterity with only 1 abandoned craft, so it's doable.

It actually worked with the required 4200 dex. I thought the upgrade quest was Inarius because of the Name (The Void). But it is Samael. I guess i will never survive him for 11 Minutes. I didnt even reach him - ever. Well, the base item is good enough i guess.