SSF Bow Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Error4o4
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Curious why Faerie Fire and not Survival Instinct? Contant 24/7 damage bonus and Phys resist, versus a spell you have to cast only 30 seconds long???
Biglevan
Skeleton
2 | 0
Error4o4 wrote:Curious why Faerie Fire and not Survival Instinct? Contant 24/7 damage bonus and Phys resist, versus a spell you have to cast only 30 seconds long???

Faerie duration scales with level, up to 7+ minutes lategame
User avatar
Wulf
Mangler
468 | 86
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Error4o4 wrote:Curious why Faerie Fire and not Survival Instinct? Contant 24/7 damage bonus and Phys resist, versus a spell you have to cast only 30 seconds long???

because the dmg is negligible (750 cold dmg lategame, while your sheet dmg is 21k. thats almost nothing). and 22% avoid is better than 10pr as it affects both physical and elemental dmg instead of just physical.

the spell will get better as you get more charms.
User avatar
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hello, I want to ask you two questions,
1.how does fire bows leech or survive?
2. You said "The guide covered mostly the fire variant because it's less item-dependant. However, upon reaching lategame, phys bows become strong." Do you mean that lategame phys bows are stronger than fire bows?
User avatar
Wulf
Mangler
468 | 86
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
huangyunshy wrote:Hello, I want to ask you two questions,
1.how does fire bows leech or survive?
2. You said "The guide covered mostly the fire variant because it's less item-dependant. However, upon reaching lategame, phys bows become strong." Do you mean that lategame phys bows are stronger than fire bows?


1) you dont leech. your sole sustain is via pots/symbiosis/merc vindicate healing. That and having merc and bear tank for you.

2) i mean lategame a physical build has all the tools to compete (dmg-wise) with a fire build, because of all the strong jewels and xis runewords. phys build will always remain tankier than fire because it has leech and doesnt have to sacrifice socket slots for fire pierce. you can use those slots for hp jewels or max res. but i havent tested it myself so i might be wrong.
Aostro
Vampiress
39 | 0
managed to do this, sorry with the rest not so lucky.Image
launcy
Skeleton
2 | 0
Thanks for the guide! Currently struggling to get a sacred Maple Bow and I'm already level 116. Do they drop only on 115+ areas?
User avatar
Wulf
Mangler
468 | 86
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
launcy wrote:Thanks for the guide! Currently struggling to get a sacred Maple Bow and I'm already level 116. Do they drop only on 115+ areas?

they start dropping as soon as a3 of nightmare (lvl 80+) but realistically 115-120 is the range where you would find the base. 1) use d2stats notifier and 2) remember that you can also turn a grey item into a rare using the charsi imbue quest.
launcy
Skeleton
2 | 0
Wulf wrote:
launcy wrote:Thanks for the guide! Currently struggling to get a sacred Maple Bow and I'm already level 116. Do they drop only on 115+ areas?

they start dropping as soon as a3 of nightmare (lvl 80+) but realistically 115-120 is the range where you would find the base. 1) use d2stats notifier and 2) remember that you can also turn a grey item into a rare using the charsi imbue quest.


Thanks for the fast response! I got it on my d2stats notifier, I'll try to farm 115+ maps and see if it drops.
User avatar
Nitz
Harpylisk
1455 | 49
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
launcy wrote:Thanks for the fast response! I got it on my d2stats notifier, I'll try to farm 115+ maps and see if it drops.


Back in the day we searched for any sacred maple bow.

If needed cube it with an oil of renewal to make it normal.
Enhanced it at Charsi (A1 with the Horadric Hammer Quest) to make it "rare" then shrine craft, shrine bless and then Oil of Conjuration bonus.

To get that oil hope an arcane collector goblin drops it or farm the red portals at Arreat Plateau/Frozen Tundra (A5).