SSF WW Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Even though it's slow, I like scosglen with the ww barb a lot more than some other "better" builds.
Rastamepas
Cultist
23 | 0
Is there a good way of using cycles? Should we just use whatever size str ones we get or should we be waiting and getting medium and larges for the %stat increases.
Also is the difference between 0% MS boots and 10% big enough to keep trying and hope for?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Rastamepas wrote:Is there a good way of using cycles? Should we just use whatever size str ones we get or should we be waiting and getting medium and larges for the %stat increases.
Also is the difference between 0% MS boots and 10% big enough to keep trying and hope for?

cycle size doesnt matter.

10ms matters, wait for +0%ms.
kagemori
Skeleton
3 | 0
Wulf wrote:i dont mention obvious stuff else itd take too much space. if i tell you to max aftermath, by definition it means to put a point in eq, tslam and sor. itd be redundant to tell you to get each of these skills first.

i found that when i put too much information, people just dont read. so i try to be as short as possible from now on.

I see. I was just wondering when was a good time to start leveling up the prerequisites for the Aftermath and got confused!
Thanks a lot for the response! Once again a great guide, made me wanna play median one more time!
ctdemonet
Invader
9 | 0
I have a really hard time with Cathedral of Vanity, I find that I can't burn down the boss fast enough.
I've watched your video maybe 10 times and what I find is it seems your WW has a smaller "path" as in you don't travel that far past the target. How do you control that? It looks like in the time I get 2 ww activations in, you are getting 3-4.

This is the one boss I am currently having a lot of trouble it's so frustrating
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Don't try to do it on one time. Hit the pillar a couple of times and go back to the corner to hide before it fires again.
La_minore
Rust Claw
85 | 4
In some cases (like I usually experience), if you are desperate to run from the mob in Cathedral of Vanity. You could try to "run" by using Whirlwind instead. Because Immortal (adding Avoid) works while you're whirlwinding. That should give more chance to survive when you have no choice but to come into contact with the deadly blue lightning.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
ctdemonet wrote:I have a really hard time with Cathedral of Vanity, I find that I can't burn down the boss fast enough.
I've watched your video maybe 10 times and what I find is it seems your WW has a smaller "path" as in you don't travel that far past the target. How do you control that? It looks like in the time I get 2 ww activations in, you are getting 3-4.

This is the one boss I am currently having a lot of trouble it's so frustrating

ww stops where your cursor is. closer cursor to barb -> shorter ww's
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Alright, for the newb ass question of the evening I'd like some clarity about the 4fpa for weapon speed. On the speed calculator I'm hitting between 7 and 8 fpa, is that more than enough or am I aiming to get this lower? Seems like more frames per animation would be better but I'm pretty ignorant about this so thought I'd ask.
todeshund89
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
Crosby4HyG wrote:Alright, for the newb ass question of the evening I'd like some clarity about the 4fpa for weapon speed. On the speed calculator I'm hitting between 7 and 8 fpa, is that more than enough or am I aiming to get this lower? Seems like more frames per animation would be better but I'm pretty ignorant about this so thought I'd ask.

4fpa attacks is crucial. Being slower not only greatly reduces your damage, it also reduces survivability through life on melee attack.

basically, for 1-hand weapons, you need (34 attack speed on weapon affix) + (attack speed modifier value on base item). for 2-handed swords like great swords (which count as one-handers for barbs), these have an attack speed modifier of 15, so you need a total of 49% attack speed affix to get to 4fpa. Hammerhead axes have a speed modifier of only 5, so you only need 39% attack speed affix for 4fpa.

the difference between each breakpoint is MASSIVE, as follows:

8fpa to 7fpa is just under 14.3% damage increase
7fpa to 6fpa is 16.66% (recurring) damage increase
6fpa to 5fpa is a 20% damage increase
5fpa to 4fpa is a 25% damage increase

increasing your attack speed is going to be one of your single biggest (and probably easiest) damage increases.