SSF WW Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
OverSky wrote:Thanks for the guide. Can help me understand why did you choose dual wield (and thus forfeit the last WW passive) instead of 2hander? Just for 2x proc for on hit stuff?

for twice the dmg and sustain. executioner helps out when you 2h, but it doesn't equate going from 4fpa to 2fpa. even with the help of higher base dmg and executioner. however, yaggais / gotter are both strong 2handers. sadly, i couldnt make anything else work (not even a big crafted labrys).

Jampula wrote:I think Executioner works if you dual-wield two-handed weapons (in this case Great Swords). And with dual-wielding you can reach 2FPA which essentially doubles the life on attack and procs from armours etc.

executioner doesn't work when you dual wield 2h swords, or when you wield a 2h sword + shield. it only works when you have the same weapon in both hands.
VeredanLord
Fallen
1 | 0
I'll start 2.0 with this, hyped for it tbh. As a new player your guide feels so nice (since I can understand things). Many thanks for the work you did here :D
Doomsday
Bone Archer
76 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
damn, after that guide i think i switch to barb instead of pala......its your fault...... :mrgreen:
romascha
Jungle Hunter
28 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wulf wrote:
OverSky wrote:Thanks for the guide. Can help me understand why did you choose dual wield (and thus forfeit the last WW passive) instead of 2hander? Just for 2x proc for on hit stuff?

for twice the dmg and sustain. executioner helps out when you 2h, but it doesn't equate going from 4fpa to 2fpa. even with the help of higher base dmg and executioner. however, yaggais / gotter are both strong 2handers. sadly, i couldnt make anything else work (not even a big crafted labrys).

Jampula wrote:I think Executioner works if you dual-wield two-handed weapons (in this case Great Swords). And with dual-wielding you can reach 2FPA which essentially doubles the life on attack and procs from armours etc.

executioner doesn't work when you dual wield 2h swords, or when you wield a 2h sword + shield. it only works when you have the same weapon in both hands.

What about
The Grandfather
The Grandfather
Great Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (219 - 254) to (336 - 396)
Two-Hand Damage: (312 - 347) to (423 - 483)
Required Level: 120
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
+400% Deadly Strike
-5% Deadly Strike per 1% Attack Speed
Adds (75 to 110)-(180 to 240) Damage
(150 to 300)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+200% Enhanced Damage
+(30 to 40) to Ancients' Hand
+50 to all Attributes
Maximum Life +(5 to 7)%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
(as a 2h weap) with 3 Gul runes?
It would allow you to get to 6fpa (yes, worse than 4fpa, so less hits), but with double damage from DS (400% - (5*45)% = 175% DS) for each hit.
Or is it not worth it? (didn't try it. just a bit of theorycrafting)
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Wulf wrote:

Doesn't the patch note says this about Barbarian though? Doesn't seem like 2fpa for dual wield anymore

Sped up one hand attack animations, slowed down dual wielding animations. Both can now reach 6 frames

Oh seems like the speed calculator https://dev.median-xl.com/speedcalc/ has updated to 6(aka 3 fpa) for Barb dual wield too, that's quick.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
I was looking forward to ww barb, but going for the slowest possible movement speed is kind of a buzzkill.
I liked the trap rat even though it had basic slow walk, but I did give up some slots for tons of movement speed :P.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
romascha wrote:What about
The Grandfather
The Grandfather
Great Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (219 - 254) to (336 - 396)
Two-Hand Damage: (312 - 347) to (423 - 483)
Required Level: 120
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
+400% Deadly Strike
-5% Deadly Strike per 1% Attack Speed
Adds (75 to 110)-(180 to 240) Damage
(150 to 300)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+200% Enhanced Damage
+(30 to 40) to Ancients' Hand
+50 to all Attributes
Maximum Life +(5 to 7)%
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
(as a 2h weap) with 3 Gul runes?
It would allow you to get to 6fpa (yes, worse than 4fpa, so less hits), but with double damage from DS (400% - (5*45)% = 175% DS) for each hit.
Or is it not worth it? (didn't try it. just a bit of theorycrafting)

100ds doubles your dmg. 2fpa is triple your dmg.

youll also have a bunch of atk speed from your charms ON TOP of the weap atk speed. that ds will be lower than you think.

OverSky wrote:
Wulf wrote:

Doesn't the patch note says this about Barbarian though? Doesn't seem like 2fpa for dual wield anymore

Sped up one hand attack animations, slowed down dual wielding animations. Both can now reach 6 frames

Oh seems like the speed calculator https://dev.median-xl.com/speedcalc/ has updated to 6(aka 3 fpa) for Barb dual wield too, that's quick.

ww (4fpa) is a different state that punching with dual wield from the calc (6fpa). use the table i gave in the guide, not the forum calc.
Lightbringerr
Skeleton
2 | 0
thanks wulf for the guide i will be following this :)
lovejohnson
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
How many points do I put into Shower of Rocks? I see it mentioned to use on single target, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the skill section. Would love to know - thanks for this great guide wulf
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
lovejohnson wrote:How many points do I put into Shower of Rocks? I see it mentioned to use on single target, but it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the skill section. Would love to know - thanks for this great guide wulf

You can only put one point into it.