SSF WW Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ctdemonet wrote:One of the things I have noticed after dozens of runs trying Quov Tsin and Kabraxis is when I watch Wulf's videos, when he cats SOR it always hits but for me it only targets the bosses maybe 1/3 or 1/4 times. I understand targeting is not required but what could be a reason my SOR doesn't hit?

Attack rating?
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
ctdemonet wrote:One of the things I have noticed after dozens of runs trying Quov Tsin and Kabraxis is when I watch Wulf's videos, when he cats SOR it always hits but for me it only targets the bosses maybe 1/3 or 1/4 times. I understand targeting is not required but what could be a reason my SOR doesn't hit?

tsw lag.
punch goes through and you see sor being casted, but it doesnt actually go through. you must wait half a second before you cast sor when you come out of leap/ww. else it doesnt register.
ctdemonet
Invader
9 | 0
altoiddealer wrote:

Attack rating?

28,350. For SOR it's 15,750

Wulf wrote:

tsw lag.
punch goes through and you see sor being casted, but it doesnt actually go through. you must wait half a second before you cast sor when you come out of leap/ww. else it doesnt register.

I'll try to keep this in mind. Sometimes it's even walking up to targets, no leap/ww being used still feels like 50-50. The dungeons/rifts are fine like Fauzt is easy right now but the bosses are hard O-)
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ctdemonet wrote:28,350. For SOR it's 15,750

That’s pretty low. Have you checked the attributes window after attacking/casting, hovering over the AR values to see the chance to hit these bosses? Ideally you’d like to see 95% pop up. If it’s significantly lower than you are losing out on lots of damage
ctdemonet
Invader
9 | 0
altoiddealer wrote:

That’s pretty low. Have you checked the attributes window after attacking/casting, hovering over the AR values to see the chance to hit these bosses? Ideally you’d like to see 95% pop up. If it’s significantly lower than you are losing out on lots of damage

I've followed the guide to the letter, including re-running charms for max stats. I haven't specifically checked the % for bosses but I can re-spec runes for +dex%. Probably also I'm just bad (-:
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ctdemonet wrote:
altoiddealer wrote:

I've followed the guide to the letter, including re-running charms for max stats. I haven't specifically checked the % for bosses but I can re-spec runes for +dex%. Probably also I'm just bad (-:

Do check attributes window for chance to hit :bounce:
Also I don't really play melee so maybe someone will pop in and say there's other reasons for your troubles
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
ctdemonet wrote:
altoiddealer wrote:

Attack rating?

28,350. For SOR it's 15,750)

thats too low. maintain 95cth
ctdemonet
Invader
9 | 0
Wulf wrote:thats too low. maintain 95cth

After changing out runes in gear to give dex and putting some dex MOs into gear, I'm around 35k AR. How can I continue to increase it without putting stats into dex?
Diaco
Void Archon
873 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ctdemonet wrote:
Wulf wrote:thats too low. maintain 95cth

After changing out runes in gear to give dex and putting some dex MOs into gear, I'm around 35k AR. How can I continue to increase it without putting stats into dex?

- Swap a couple runes with crafted jewels with %AR
- make sure you have a well rolled Spirit Trance Herb (Max Is +150%AR I think)
- MO %AR in weapon
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
With gharanics you're set as far as attack rating goes and it's also pretty much the best weapon.