SSF WW Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Adaptablepenny
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey all, Im currently 124 with 3k+ str. I can't seem to kill Quov Tsin, I watched the video on how you use SoR and run away but at the current moment it feels as my SOR is hitting him with a bunch of marshmallows instead of rocks or not hitting him at all, my AR with SoR is 15.5k. I feel that might be a bit low but my hit chance against him is still in the upper 70% Range.Here are my stats buffed up minus bloodlust Image

Also, is there anyway to increase my Max Res more? With taking the Runemaster skill I feel removing my res runes for gems will hurt my defense more than it would actually help in resistance.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Adaptablepenny wrote:Hey all, Im currently 124 with 3k+ str. I can't seem to kill Quov Tsin, I watched the video on how you use SoR and run away but at the current moment it feels as my SOR is hitting him with a bunch of marshmallows instead of rocks or not hitting him at all, my AR with SoR is 15.5k. I feel that might be a bit low but my hit chance against him is still in the upper 70% Range.Here are my stats buffed up minus bloodlust Image

Also, is there anyway to increase my Max Res more? With taking the Runemaster skill I feel removing my res runes for gems will hurt my defense more than it would actually help in resistance.
79 resists is way too low for that boss. You should aim for 85 light/cold/fire and Rings and amulet MO'd with flat phys DMG reduction, with those 2 you can facetank his beam

Topspin
Topspin
Skull Cap (4)

Defense: (76 - 83) to (115 - 125)
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 28
Item Level: 1
5% Attack Speed
+(31 to 50)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 50) Defense
(3 to 5)% to Dexterity
(3 to 5)% to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
10% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (1)
Defense: (277 - 301) to (365 - 397)
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 55
Item Level: 31
15% Attack Speed
+(61 to 80)% Enhanced Defense
+(71 to 100) Defense
(6 to 8)% to Dexterity
(6 to 8)% to Energy
20% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (3)
Defense: (704 - 760) to (876 - 943)
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 192
Item Level: 51
25% Attack Speed
+(91 to 110)% Enhanced Defense
+(151 to 200) Defense
(9 to 11)% to Dexterity
(9 to 11)% to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
30% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1182 - 1258) to (1471 - 1564)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 384
Item Level: 77
30% Attack Speed
+(121 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+(301 to 400) Defense
(12 to 14)% to Dexterity
(12 to 14)% to Energy
40% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
and
Wheel of Fortune
Wheel of Fortune
Large Shield (4)

Defense: 85 to 162
Chance to Block: Class%
Required Level: 4
Required Strength: 27
Required Dexterity: 45
Item Level: 10
+(21 to 30) to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(6 to 10)%
Fire Absorb 1%
Lightning Absorb 1%
Cold Absorb 1%
(4 to 7)% Gold Find
(5 to 10)% Magic Find
Socketed (1)
Defense: 240 to 405
Required Level: 21
Required Strength: 53
Required Dexterity: 67
+(31 to 40) to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(11 to 20)%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
(9 to 12)% Gold Find
(11 to 20)% Magic Find
Socketed (3)
Defense: 501 to 817
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 184
Required Dexterity: 139
+(41 to 50) to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(21 to 30)%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
(14 to 17)% Gold Find
(21 to 30)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
Defense: 684 to 1113
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 368
Required Dexterity: 288
+(51 to 60) to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Fire Absorb 3%
Lightning Absorb 3%
Cold Absorb 3%
(17 to 19)% Gold Find
(31 to 40)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
are your friends. Also, you don't need defense for quov tsin, so you can go full res gems and then switch back
todeshund89
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
Diaco wrote:
Adaptablepenny wrote:Hey all, Im currently 124 with 3k+ str. I can't seem to kill Quov Tsin, I watched the video on how you use SoR and run away but at the current moment it feels as my SOR is hitting him with a bunch of marshmallows instead of rocks or not hitting him at all, my AR with SoR is 15.5k. I feel that might be a bit low but my hit chance against him is still in the upper 70% Range.Here are my stats buffed up minus bloodlust Image

79 resists is way too low for that boss. You should aim for 85 light/cold/fire and Rings and amulet MO'd with flat phys DMG reduction, with those 2 you can facetank his beam

Topspin
Topspin
Skull Cap (4)

Defense: (76 - 83) to (115 - 125)
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 28
Item Level: 1
5% Attack Speed
+(31 to 50)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 50) Defense
(3 to 5)% to Dexterity
(3 to 5)% to Energy
10% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (1)
Defense: (277 - 301) to (365 - 397)
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 55
15% Attack Speed
+(61 to 80)% Enhanced Defense
+(71 to 100) Defense
(6 to 8)% to Dexterity
(6 to 8)% to Energy
20% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (3)
Defense: (704 - 760) to (876 - 943)
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 192
25% Attack Speed
+(91 to 110)% Enhanced Defense
+(151 to 200) Defense
(9 to 11)% to Dexterity
(9 to 11)% to Energy
30% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1182 - 1258) to (1471 - 1564)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 384
30% Attack Speed
+(121 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+(301 to 400) Defense
(12 to 14)% to Dexterity
(12 to 14)% to Energy
40% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
and
Wheel of Fortune
Wheel of Fortune
Large Shield (4)

Defense: 85 to 162
Required Level: 4
Required Strength: 27
Required Dexterity: 45
Item Level: 10
+(21 to 30) to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(6 to 10)%
Fire Absorb 1%
Lightning Absorb 1%
Cold Absorb 1%
(4 to 7)% Gold Find
(5 to 10)% Magic Find
Socketed (1)
Defense: 240 to 405
Required Level: 21
Required Strength: 53
Required Dexterity: 67
+(31 to 40) to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(11 to 20)%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
(9 to 12)% Gold Find
(11 to 20)% Magic Find
Socketed (3)
Defense: 501 to 817
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 184
Required Dexterity: 139
+(41 to 50) to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(21 to 30)%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
(14 to 17)% Gold Find
(21 to 30)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
Defense: 684 to 1113
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 368
Required Dexterity: 288
+(51 to 60) to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Fire Absorb 3%
Lightning Absorb 3%
Cold Absorb 3%
(17 to 19)% Gold Find
(31 to 40)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
are your friends. Also, you don't need defense for quov tsin, so you can go full res gems and then switch back

this, and also make sure you get the crystalline flame medallion. that's another 5% F/C/L absorb. Also consider kabraxis for his max res charm. between that and azmo's heart, you should have 79-80 max res. add in topspin and wheel, then gems, you can get close to 90% max res.

or run this on a Sin. this boss is laughably easy with Dontinquire's mind ripple sin....
Shovelspoon
Pit Knight
106 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Adaptablepenny wrote:Hey all, Im currently 124 with 3k+ str. I can't seem to kill Quov Tsin, I watched the video on how you use SoR and run away but at the current moment it feels as my SOR is hitting him with a bunch of marshmallows instead of rocks or not hitting him at all, my AR with SoR is 15.5k.

One thing to say about this, I've noticed the same. I have SoR on left click and WW on right. It will still visually trigger even if it doesn't hit. You can tell you've landed it when the green curse pops up and SoR turns red. Any rocks that hit without it, aren't actually there. This definitely seems like a bug now that I think about it.

I've had SoR work on the second hit every time. It doesn't seem like an AR problem if it's literally never missed more than once in a row. Sometimes it just takes a second to trigger without a second swing. Something to do with skills that have cooldowns, they take an extra fraction of a second to trigger before you can act again.

But for Quov specifically, get more resists, and the phys DMG reduction MOs on your jewelry. He's much easier to fight when you can survive more than a second.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Shovelspoon wrote:
Adaptablepenny wrote:Hey all, Im currently 124 with 3k+ str. I can't seem to kill Quov Tsin, I watched the video on how you use SoR and run away but at the current moment it feels as my SOR is hitting him with a bunch of marshmallows instead of rocks or not hitting him at all, my AR with SoR is 15.5k.

One thing to say about this, I've noticed the same. I have SoR on left click and WW on right. It will still visually trigger even if it doesn't hit. You can tell you've landed it when the green curse pops up and SoR turns red. Any rocks that hit without it, aren't actually there. This definitely seems like a bug now that I think about it.

I've had SoR work on the second hit every time. It doesn't seem like an AR problem if it's literally never missed more than once in a row. Sometimes it just takes a second to trigger without a second swing. Something to do with skills that have cooldowns, they take an extra fraction of a second to trigger before you can act again.

But for Quov specifically, get more resists, and the phys DMG reduction MOs on your jewelry. He's much easier to fight when you can survive more than a second.

thats caus you play on online where timered skills work very very badly. this is not a problem on SP
Adaptablepenny
Skeleton
2 | 0
Wulf wrote:thats caus you play on online where timered skills work very very badly. this is not a problem on SP

Thanks for mentioning that, went back to quov tsin and this time I spammed the button multiple times and I saw it go on CD. Took me quite sometime to kill him just because sometimes I would run away too soon and SoR wouldnt register. Really annoying and made the boss so much harder
CaoBao
Bone Archer
72 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I am wondering why is AOE modifier on gear so good for WW, since we already get that from pasive. And if it is that good, would it be wise to stack more of those mods from gear? Ex. 2 crystal swords with AOE and Warmonger.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
CaoBao wrote:I am wondering why is AOE modifier on gear so good for WW, since we already get that from pasive. And if it is that good, would it be wise to stack more of those mods from gear? Ex. 2 crystal swords with AOE and Warmonger.

having 100$ in the bank doesnt mean you shouldnt be picking up 20$ from the ground. both aoes stack together. so AoE pretty much reads as "get a 2nd gale force". that will beat any form of dmg you can get from str/ewd/dmg/ds.
CaoBao
Bone Archer
72 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Wulf wrote:
CaoBao wrote:I am wondering why is AOE modifier on gear so good for WW, since we already get that from pasive. And if it is that good, would it be wise to stack more of those mods from gear? Ex. 2 crystal swords with AOE and Warmonger.

having 100$ in the bank doesnt mean you shouldnt be picking up 20$ from the ground. both aoes stack together. so AoE pretty much reads as "get a 2nd gale force". that will beat any form of dmg you can get from str/ewd/dmg/ds.

thanks for explanation.might try ele version with warmonger and 2 AOE mod crystal swords then.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
CaoBao wrote: ...
thanks for explanation.might try ele version with warmonger and 2 AOE mod crystal swords then.

Dual wield disables the elemental damage from innate Elemental damage so you are better off using only one Crystal sword + shield or you have to stack other flat ele damage sources that can't be scaled other than with pierce and SD (only on the direct melee hit, though).