SSF WW Barb

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
No_mercy
Fallen
1 | 0
What meens SSF?
megametalman
Cultist
21 | 0
No_mercy wrote:What meens SSF?

IIRC "Single self found", meaning a character that develops on its own, without benefiting from external helps (such as item transferring from one char to another, trading,...). A SSF character levels on its own, farms its own gear...
Awaymxl
Fallen
1 | 0
lovejohnson wrote:Is the Tundra Walker Set really this hard to replace?!

My ww dmg @135 with the full set (elq'd) is 10-21k. When I switch to well rolled Windrunners, Eidolon and 2 non-eth gharaniqs my ww dmg plummets down to 5-9k.

When does it make sense to break the set? Do you need Yaggai and BiS helm/boots?

Dont trust the ingame tooltip - when I swap weapons around sometimes it shows half my dmg and sometimes my normal value. Use d2stats read function if anything.
lovejohnson
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Awaymxl wrote:

My ww dmg @135 with the full set (elq'd) is 10-21k. When I switch to well rolled Windrunners, Eidolon and 2 non-eth gharaniqs my ww dmg plummets down to 5-9k.

When does it make sense to break the set? Do you need Yaggai and BiS helm/boots?

Dont trust the ingame tooltip - when I swap weapons around sometimes it shows half my dmg and sometimes my normal value. Use d2stats read function if anything.

I get what you mean - It's not just the tooltip tho. Clearing Fauzt is way smoother and faster with the set.
I'd like to know what it takes to outperform it.
thehabeo
Fallen
1 | 0
lovejohnson wrote:
Awaymxl wrote:

I get what you mean - It's not just the tooltip tho. Clearing Fauzt is way smoother and faster with the set.
I'd like to know what it takes to outperform it.

I'm using one gharaniq and one Cressen Moon with Windrunner, my tooltip is already 10-15k while other pieces are Ravine, Marchosias Might, Vise grip, one ripstar, athulua oracle, so very subpar gear so far. If fully buffed with Bloodlust and under wolf companion buff, My tooltip is 11k-17k.
So you probably did something wrong because it's impossible to drop that much DPS when dropping the set, considering the fact the set stats is quite underwhelming compare to some individual pieces. If I have a second Gharaniq (non eth, just 47%/95% superior) I should hit 15-20k tooltip easily. Maybe you forgot to recast stance?
whitewolf
Sasquatch
65 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Any tips for spirit wolrd and Laz ( yes i know all of the boss attack pattern)? In Spirit world the fight is very chaotic, no room to breath. i got few hit check to boss and then die, thats all. Laz is like sleep upgrade version, faster, super aggresive and totem would ruin ur day any time. Can any1 utilize the strat and items choice for me?
xfall
Invader
8 | 0

the most plausible explanation is that you have some minus requirement jewels that breaks your stats n make an item unusable (red). Therefore your overall dmg decreases
JeppeAndersen
Rust Claw
82 | 0
I'm no harcore player, so there's still a lot i don't know. Maybe you people here who plays barb can help me, though its SSF WW off-topic.

The guys that runs elemental specs, how do they get light and fire dmg on the their Dawn (crystal sword). How do they upgrade it?

Cheers
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides

yes, the set is rly good. youll need 4 lategame pieces to dethrone it, probably something like 2x gharas, eidolon and wind runner.
lovejohnson
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
xfall wrote:

the most plausible explanation is that you have some minus requirement jewels that breaks your stats n make an item unusable (red). Therefore your overall dmg decreases

the 5-9k was bugged - it is more like 13-16k. But it still clears slower than my tundra setup. Looking through the answers it seems the set just really is frggin' good :) and I still need to better if I want to replace it. Thanks for your input.