Scorpion Blade Assassin

rngbeast
Vampiress
39 | 0
Can someone list breakpoints? How much attack speed is ideal?
FuriousBlade
Vampiress
35 | 0
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:
CallMeCrazySam wrote:
MeatSlinger3000 wrote:
I think you're just having a hard time coping with the idea of someone not liking something that you enjoy.

So far you've given up with this and with totems. What's next?

I'm still actively playing Totem Necro this very second. You're so angry about me not liking your build that you're making shit up, lmao. Calm down.

I get what your saying. I am also having issues with mana heavily. Usually im standing around to get more mana since this thing leeches so much of it i run out of mana pots in like 1 minute. I havent given up yet though.
jimmyburr
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Is there a reason why Diadem is specified as the preferred helm for crafting?
guigui7
Invader
9 | 0
I'm kinda a D2 noob so my question will be simply : How many keybinds do you need to play this build? Scorpion blade - blink and that's it? That's all I can see from your video. Is that lightning ring that pops around you a proc or an active skill and I missed the skill swaps?
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Based wrote:
Rhinoserious wrote:What do you fill sockets with while leveling and in the endgame? Topaz for energy?

2nding this question

Istaryu's reply below you is correct. If you don't feel like crafting jewels though, just fill with Ith runes for poison spell damage.

rngbeast wrote:Can someone list breakpoints? How much attack speed is ideal?

https://dev.median-xl.com/speedcalc/

FuriousBlade wrote:I get what your saying. I am also having issues with mana heavily. Usually im standing around to get more mana since this thing leeches so much of it i run out of mana pots in like 1 minute. I havent given up yet though.

If you haven't prioritized 3 points into meditation, do that. After that, if you still run into issues, buy mana regen MOs and still them on random jewelry.

jimmyburr wrote:Is there a reason why Diadem is specified as the preferred helm for crafting?

We want to use a circlet base for affixes that spawn on them but do not spawn on regular helmets. Diadem is the highest tier of a circlet so it has the highest defense. In reality any circlet/coronet/diadem will work, but you have to put enough points into dexterity for a crafted bladed shield in the end game and at that point you may as well just use the highest base since you have the stats for it.

guigui7 wrote:I'm kinda a D2 noob so my question will be simply : How many keybinds do you need to play this build? Scorpion blade - blink and that's it? That's all I can see from your video. Is that lightning ring that pops around you a proc or an active skill and I missed the skill swaps?

The lightning ring and fire trail procs in showcase vid are from an Elemental Band ring, which is in no way needed. My typical keybinds are as follows:

Left skill: Nothing bound, shadow refuge as only skill
Right Click: Q - Scorpion Blade, Z - Blink, X - Town Portal, C - Purify, ASDF I use for buffs (Queen of Blades, Pinnacle, Beacon, Lethal Incision, etc)
jimmyburr
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Thanks for the response Sam! I have another question for you.

Have you tried out the
Amanita
Amanita
Helms

'VenAmn'
Runeword Level: 100
3% Chance to cast level 1 Time Wave on Melee Attack
+(200 to 300) to Attack Rating
-(21 to 25)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(2 to 5) to Amatoxin
(3 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Attacker Flees after Striking 20%
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(30 to 50) to Vitality
Poison Resist +25%
RW Helm with the Amatoxin OSkill? I was thinking of using that as an upgrade of Ra until I can craft a shimmering Diadem. Not sure if it's a passive buff that can be applied to Scorpion Blade tho.

Amatoxin
Passive - Adds deadly poison to all your weapon attacks

Item Granted Skill
- Poison Damage to Weapon: xxx-xxx over 4 seconds
guigui7
Invader
9 | 0
When making the early-game items / leveling gear is it worth it/better to get the highest tier possible of item for said RW? ie. Throwing knives T4 for higher weapon damage or its not worth it and should only make RW in T1?
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
jimmyburr wrote:Thanks for the response Sam! I have another question for you.

Have you tried out the
Amanita
Amanita
Helms

'VenAmn'
Runeword Level: 100
3% Chance to cast level 1 Time Wave on Melee Attack
+(200 to 300) to Attack Rating
-(21 to 25)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(2 to 5) to Amatoxin
(3 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Attacker Flees after Striking 20%
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(30 to 50) to Vitality
Poison Resist +25%
RW Helm with the Amatoxin OSkill? I was thinking of using that as an upgrade of Ra until I can craft a shimmering Diadem. Not sure if it's a passive buff that can be applied to Scorpion Blade tho.

Amatoxin
Passive - Adds deadly poison to all your weapon attacks

Item Granted Skill
- Poison Damage to Weapon: xxx-xxx over 4 seconds

I've tried other sources of Amatoxin and it doesn't do anything at all. Technically it's going to boost your damage on initial hit, bit it will get overridden by the cloud damage which is going to be immensely better.

guigui7 wrote:When making the early-game items / leveling gear is it worth it/better to get the highest tier possible of item for said RW? ie. Throwing knives T4 for higher weapon damage or its not worth it and should only make RW in T1?

Technically, if you have the stats for the bases, it is better to upgrade them. In reality, the upgrade is small enough and runes rare enough that upgrades into higher tiers are not going to be practical. Just drop the runes in whatever bases you find while leveling and be happy with it until you start to upgrade into TUs. The base runeword recommendations I used are nearly all for resistances or just something to tide you over until you reach TU status. As far as the TUs go, you need to decide if you upgraded stats are worth the requirement at the higher tiers, which for most of the items you end up wanting to keep at T3 because you don't want to put all your points into str/dex, the vast majority of them should go into energy.
guigui7
Invader
9 | 0
CallMeCrazySam wrote:Technically, if you have the stats for the bases, it is better to upgrade them. In reality, the upgrade is small enough and runes rare enough that upgrades into higher tiers are not going to be practical. Just drop the runes in whatever bases you find while leveling and be happy with it until you start to upgrade into TUs. The base runeword recommendations I used are nearly all for resistances or just something to tide you over until you reach TU status. As far as the TUs go, you need to decide if you upgraded stats are worth the requirement at the higher tiers, which for most of the items you end up wanting to keep at T3 because you don't want to put all your points into str/dex, the vast majority of them should go into energy.

In that case, do you recommend to pump MO in the T3 TU as your leveling/reaching level 100+ before starting to craft GG gear?
jimmyburr
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
CallMeCrazySam wrote:I've tried other sources of Amatoxin and it doesn't do anything at all. Technically it's going to boost your damage on initial hit, bit it will get overridden by the cloud damage which is going to be immensely better.

Thanks for the clarification.

I was able to get this RW helm to help with getting to the -135% pierce for farming mobs. It's helped a ton.