SSF Lightning Sorc Hybrid Guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Aegontrygas
Thunder Beetle
53 | 1
Imo its not worth it too go for the Endgame Gear, only if you wanna do bosses/Scosglen but if you just want too farm Fautz/Duncraig,
the Set is very nice and low budget :) next time I probably start SSF on Singleplayer with the Light Sorc and farm gear for other builds / cold sorc maybe, because cold seems broken.

You will have more dmg and more pierce with the Endgame stuff but you need too afford alot.
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
cold spec with zann esu set is kinda the same- https://median-xl.com/acc/snapshot.php? ... 1631783363

currently farming fauzt- its easy with 1-2 players game, but from 3+ players i take too much dmg (i tried also light until 137). im kinda disappointed, cuz i thought that i could tank much more(in bigger player games) with melee devotion and 50% phys res

tried first steps in scosglen and i was kinda insta dead. so the spec doesnt really matter, you will need endgame ssu/sssu for surving scosglen (and ubers).

maybe poison is superior, as you can just kite back and it poss works also with mid gear setup in scosglen.

€dit: found ghostmoon today in fauzt, also got lunar eclipse, black dwarf and witchmoon. guess i would give light another try if i can get 80% of the endgame stuff; but it seems that posion is stronger, even than cold - in the other sorc poison thread, there is already one guy who killed sam with posion spec.

i watched some cold sorc twitch stream from player morph_YEP (#7 sorc) and he got destroyed at Sam, even with whole endgame gear.

guess the best play is to have 1 farm char for easy a130 (up to sssu's)/fauzt like cold/light sorc with 200%mf+ and then xp a 2nd char for a135/scosglen and endgame ubers
Skider
Imp
4 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
loreth2021 wrote:cold spec with zann esu set is kinda the same- https://median-xl.com/acc/snapshot.php? ... 1631783363

currently farming fauzt- its easy with 1-2 players game, but from 3+ players i take too much dmg (i tried also light until 137). im kinda disappointed, cuz i thought that i could tank much more(in bigger player games) with melee devotion and 50% phys res

tried first steps in scosglen and i was kinda insta dead. so the spec doesnt really matter, you will need endgame ssu/sssu for surving scosglen (and ubers).

maybe poison is superior, as you can just kite back and it poss works also with mid gear setup in scosglen.

€dit: found ghostmoon today in fauzt, also got lunar eclipse, black dwarf and witchmoon. guess i would give light another try if i can get 80% of the endgame stuff; but it seems that posion is stronger, even than cold - in the other sorc poison thread, there is already one guy who killed sam with posion spec.

i watched some cold sorc twitch stream from player morph_YEP (#7 sorc) and he got destroyed at Sam, even with whole endgame gear.

guess the best play is to have 1 farm char for easy a130 (up to sssu's)/fauzt like cold/light sorc with 200%mf+ and then xp a 2nd char for a135/scosglen and endgame ubers

Well, better do not invest into late game gear imo. Stay In fauzt with your set items and full MF in sockets. It's atleast good character to MF there.
Aegontrygas
Thunder Beetle
53 | 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afaeIYL8vnI doing some Scosglen, not sure if I am allowed too post it here but should be fine tho.

And I agree, just use low budget too farm Fautz / buy your charms if you want, or play SSF and prepare for other builds / bossfights.

The Endgame is more Damage, more Pierce and you can still get 50% DR and 90% Max Res, 5% Magic Res, 9k+ Life.

You really need the Endgame stuff for Bossfights and Scosglen.
(well if you are really pro, you can maybe kill bosses with zero deads but it will take ages)
without 170% pierce and with elemental set, etc.
ruste22
Fallen
1 | 0
Aegontrygas wrote:And I agree, just use low budget too farm Fautz / buy your charms if you want, or play SSF and prepare for other builds / bossfights.

What's a good setup for Fauzt? I can do it without MF with lightning set but it feels like if I swap lightning runes for ist and nor tiraj for Lilith's belt I lose too much clearspeed, I can still do it no doubt but not sure if it's worth it at that point.
Skider
Imp
4 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ruste22 wrote:
Aegontrygas wrote:And I agree, just use low budget too farm Fautz / buy your charms if you want, or play SSF and prepare for other builds / bossfights.

What's a good setup for Fauzt? I can do it without MF with lightning set but it feels like if I swap lightning runes for ist and nor tiraj for Lilith's belt I lose too much clearspeed, I can still do it no doubt but not sure if it's worth it at that point.

Set, nor tiraj, rare rings, black dwarf, rabbit's foot - this is what im running
Aegontrygas
Thunder Beetle
53 | 1
Yes I was running the same, well my first boots were rabbits, then I crafted my boots and it was fine, I just swapped my belt too liliths and have atleast 135% pierce.
imngocson
Acid Prince
48 | 2
Vikan wrote:
Final Endgame Setup
For the most part, SSF players will not acquire these items easily so this list represents a set of distant goals to work towards.

Weapon:
Ghostmoon
Ghostmoon
Sacred Globe (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 36 to 37
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 177
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
+8 to Maximum Forked Lightning Projectiles
+(4 to 6) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+20% to Spell Damage
-20% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Regenerate Mana +(15 to 40)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 1)%
(15 to 25)% Gold Find
(15 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (2)

Offhand:

Shields

'IgnFulGla'
Runeword Level: 100
+1 to All Skills
45% Cast Speed
45% Hit Recovery
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(16 to 25)% Magic Find
Requirements +25%

Amulet:
Black Dwarf
Black Dwarf
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
20% Cast Speed
20% Hit Recovery
+(15 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(15 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
-(5 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(21 to 29) to Supernova
(30 to 40)% Bonus to Defense
-5 to Light Radius

Rings: Rare rings with 5+ Light pierce, 1sk, Lightning spell damage, Spell Focus + other desirable stats like magic find, flat energy
Helmet:
Indigo
Indigo
Circlets

'UnTaha'
Runeword Level: 110
+2 to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
-500 Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(13 to 15)%
Requirements -100%

Body Armor:
Hide of the Basilisk
Hide of the Basilisk
Chain Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (5807 - 6817) to (6568 - 7711)
Required Strength: 600
Item Level: 120
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
30% Cast Speed
+(25 to 38)% to Lightning Spell Damage
-35% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(13 to 16) to Thunderstone
+(130 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+250 to Mana
Maximum Lightning Resist +4%
Physical Resist 15%
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (6)

Belt:
Lunar Eclipse
Lunar Eclipse
Light Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (2091 - 2422) to (2171 - 2514)
Required Strength: 550
+2 to All Skills
+(51 to 60) Spell Focus
25% Cast Speed
30% Hit Recovery
+(10 to 15)% to Spell Damage
+(90 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
+(40 to 50) to Energy
+100 to Life
Elemental Resists +15%
+5 to Light Radius
Socketed (2)

Gloves:
Lamha Na Draoithe
Lamha Na Draoithe
Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: (1339 - 1506) to (1567 - 1763)
Required Strength: 625
+2 to All Skills
+150 Spell Focus
30% Cast Speed
+(16 to 20)% to Spell Damage
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+75 to Strength
-100 to Life
Elemental Resists +15%
Socketed (4)

Boots:
Vision

Vision
Boots

'GhalOlYhamArc'
Runeword Level: 120
10% of Total Energy Gained as Life
+1 to All Skills
+15 Spell Focus
+10% Bonus to Spell Focus
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(141 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+10 to all Attributes
Maximum Life and Mana +(1 to 5)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Physical Damage Reduced by (10 to 20)
or
Spirit Walker
Spirit Walker
Heavy Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 696 to 737
Required Strength: 550
+1% Physical Resist per 18% Mana Regeneration
+2 to All Skills
+(50 to 100) Spell Focus
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
Jitan's Gate Cooldown Reduced by 1 seconds
+35% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (4)

Endgame build variations

Except Lamha Na Draoithe, Spirit Walker/Vision, I got all of these above items at 135. And my Forked Lightning damage is 5k :flip: with 107 lightning pierce and 150k defense.
I think it's a little... poor, right? My socket is
Farsight Globe
Farsight Globe
Jewel

Required Level: 40
Item Level: 80
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
or crafted jewel with +4% lightning sd. I'm looking for UMO to buy but not too many good UMOs are useful for lightning.
So what is my problem?
Aegontrygas
Thunder Beetle
53 | 1
Be sure that you got 2100 Energy with Raven only, well its fine if you have it with Raven + Nova but sometimes your Nova isnt active or for Astrogha you shoudlnt use Nova.

Be sure that you have 1000 Spell Focus, be sure that you have all + SK from Charms / max rolls on Gear / etc.
Be sure that you have specced into the right Skills (like Specialization)

Just MO 2% Light DMG aka 4x = 10% each Item, MO Manareg%, Life After Kill, and fill the others with Spell Focus maybe.
Get Jewels with 4% Light DMG and maybe with Flat Life / Energy % / All Atributes % / FHR % / Spell Focus.

Avatar is not great for Damage but easy too get imo, well its good if you cant get the pierce value, also if you cant get the pierce value use Nor Tiraj instead of Lunar.

If I had some TG I would probably buy Zann Esu Stones, (Unique Jewel) with 3% Spell Dmg & +1% max res too x Ele, would prob fill them untill I got 90 All Res and I would Lotto Blackdwarf for 5% Magic Res, my stats would be like this:

Around 9000 Hp, 10000 Mana, 50% Physical Reduce, 90% All Res, 5% Magic Reduce, 130k+ Def / 122% Psn Length Reduce / 12 flat Phys Reduce / etc.

+3 Fork or 6-10% Light Damage Relics or the +1 Skill Jewel are maybe very nice, I dont see any good MOs for Light Sorc, it also means we can use less normal MOs right, because of the Lvl Req, so its prob not a benefit or slightly, if we use the 5% Spell DMG MO for example.
imngocson
Acid Prince
48 | 2
Aegontrygas wrote:Be sure that you got 2100 Energy with Raven only, well its fine if you have it with Raven + Nova but sometimes your Nova isnt active or for Astrogha you shoudlnt use Nova.

Be sure that you have 1000 Spell Focus, be sure that you have all + SK from Charms / max rolls on Gear / etc.
Be sure that you have specced into the right Skills (like Specialization)

Just MO 2% Light DMG aka 4x = 10% each Item, MO Manareg%, Life After Kill, and fill the others with Spell Focus maybe.
Get Jewels with 4% Light DMG and maybe with Flat Life / Energy % / All Atributes % / FHR % / Spell Focus.

Avatar is not great for Damage but easy too get imo, well its good if you cant get the pierce value, also if you cant get the pierce value use Nor Tiraj instead of Lunar.

If I had some TG I would probably buy Zann Esu Stones, (Unique Jewel) with 3% Spell Dmg & +1% max res too x Ele, would prob fill them untill I got 90 All Res and I would Lotto Blackdwarf for 5% Magic Res, my stats would be like this:

Around 9000 Hp, 10000 Mana, 50% Physical Reduce, 90% All Res, 5% Magic Reduce, 130k+ Def / 122% Psn Length Reduce / 12 flat Phys Reduce / etc.

+3 Fork or 6-10% Light Damage Relics or the +1 Skill Jewel are maybe very nice, I dont see any good MOs for Light Sorc, it also means we can use less normal MOs right, because of the Lvl Req, so its prob not a benefit or slightly, if we use the 5% Spell DMG MO for example.

Thank for the reply. But I think your suggestion just for the defense right? Even with good jewels it still has low damage compare to the Lightning set (just tankier and more pierce). With the Lightning set I can reach 11k damage with bloodlust and firedance :bounce: