SSF Lightning Sorc Hybrid Guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
illsonmedia
Prowler
15 | 5
a5 merc any good? i kinda want a tanky merc. playing HC. maybe I have to spec into those cold summons too??
HitZ
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is there a particular reason that I have missed by you using Queen of Glass instead of Enneads Bane?
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
illsonmedia wrote:a5 merc any good? i kinda want a tanky merc. playing HC. maybe I have to spec into those cold summons too??

The tankiest merc is a2 shapeshifter for free pr or a3 merc for overall def with built-in warp armor. Haven't tested a5 mercs in a long time since their health was reduced.

HitZ wrote:Is there a particular reason that I have missed by you using Queen of Glass instead of Enneads Bane?

Yes I'm bad at the game. I actually used a t1 armor that dropped with light pierce all the way until I replaced it with a craft at level 110, then I forgot about sorc armor later when I wrote this guide and filled in the early game armor section.
HitZ
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Vikan wrote:
illsonmedia wrote:a5 merc any good? i kinda want a tanky merc. playing HC. maybe I have to spec into those cold summons too??

The tankiest merc is a2 shapeshifter for free pr or a3 merc for overall def with built-in warp armor. Haven't tested a5 mercs in a long time since their health was reduced.

HitZ wrote:Is there a particular reason that I have missed by you using Queen of Glass instead of Enneads Bane?

Yes I'm bad at the game. I actually used a t1 armor that dropped with light pierce all the way until I replaced it with a craft at level 110, then I forgot about sorc armor later when I wrote this guide and filled in the early game armor section.

I thought that you might wanna stack some armor to scale Warp Armor for some extra defense and that you use high str TUs that require lot of str so that probably is good to not spread alot of points between str dex and energy. Enneads bane is higher dps possibly?
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
HitZ wrote:
Vikan wrote:

I thought that you might wanna stack some armor to scale Warp Armor for some extra defense and that you use high str TUs that require lot of str so that probably is good to not spread alot of points between str dex and energy. Enneads bane is higher dps possibly?

Ennead's bane will only falls behind to a good craft and given the lack of shrines at this stage, its best not to burn Ornate Shrines chasing for marginal upgrades unless you just have a lot laying around
illsonmedia
Prowler
15 | 5
Nice! Thanks for adding this section: Late midgame 120-139

Any thoughts on BiS bases? It's a balance between defense and stat reqs. I feel like Leather Gloves, while having the lowest Def, might be the best to craft, true?

Weapon: Orb
Amulet: Witchmoon or Teganze Pendant
Rings: Rares with light pierce, Light spell, +skill level, spell focus, experience, Magic Find
Helmet: Craft Circlet + LP, LSD, SF + [3 All Skills]
Body Armor: Ennead's Bane or Crafted Body armor - LP, LSD, SF+ [15% All Attributes, 2 to all skills, 44+ Magic Find]
Belt: Crafted - LP, LSD, SF
Gloves: Crafted - LP, LSD, SF + [2 Sorc Skills]
Boots: Rabbit's Foot

(sry, dont know where the quote button is)

-Weapon: Can the Orb weapon also be a Stone, like Jared's Stone (i.e. any 1 handed sorc weapon?) just not sure how MXL classifies these for affix pools.
    -Helmet: Circlet: Sacred Circlet has 2652 Dex, but Sacred Diadem has 524 dex
    -Body Armor: Are we going Dex here? S Gambelson req 468 dex! S Ceremonial Armor req 722!!!! :-]
    -Belt: Probably a sash? S Sash is 452 strength, this is getting crazy stats!
    -Gloves: Leather Gloves?
raptureswg
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Am I missing something or does the 1-115 per level point allocation guide only have 1 point in Thunderstone, and ending with 23 unallocated points?

I tried following it exactly and I only see ~30 points in the Lightning tree, can't get Superposition, and only 1 in Thunderstone.
yammahatom
Skeleton
2 | 0
this guide do not follow, weak as f, trash mob with poison and fire damage got one hit
Noodlez
Skeleton
3 | 0
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I am level 107 now and at the end from A1 Hell.

I hit a hard wall. Even trashmobs are taking me way to long to kill.
Also I am really squishy.
There is no way for me to get the first 105 charms this way.

I dont know what Im doing wrong. I have all the gear listet for Midgame 105-139 at the correct tier. Exept the unique amu.
All resis are capped, 3 buffs running.

And still I dont do damage and take a lot of damage.

I cant even get kill the mob that you have to kill to get to the 105 rift island of the sunless sea

I could need some help please.
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nice guide.

One question :

" 125+ Aim for 1900 energy without Raven, the rest for gear or vit. "

1900 enough? is there a cap or something?