SSF Lightning Sorc Hybrid Guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
loreth2021 wrote:hi, trying light with 130 and light set; have you managed to kill baal hell,or isnt it supposed to be doable until 140+?

Did baal on 120, even with only -40 enemy light res.
Just dont use merc / reanimates. Sometimes rng isnt on your side and he spawns very much mobs, you can lure them to the other side of the chamber so you dont need to kill them. Just teleport to the middle and he will harbringer on you, lure him to the side without mobs, only attack you should dodge is his mana draining beam. Its a bit annoying but very well doable. gl
KevTheDegen
Imp
4 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
loreth2021 wrote:hi, trying light with 130 and light set; have you managed to kill baal hell,or isnt it supposed to be doable until 140+?

i did hell ball at 120 with this build and ele children set. took 19 minutes and about 28880093994800200304004020485485 deaths. had to try to seperate the minions and beam em down and smash pots. prolly woulda been easier to wait.
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16

It's more than enough. You just need to practice. Kite him, use force blast to slow him. When he hits you, he has a high chance of summoning an act boss. A 20 minute timer is enough to bombard him with corpses.

Manu300000 wrote:Yeah running this setup to farm. Familars on 48, max forked lightning, 10 vengefull power, max witchblood and usual skills, leftovers in warp armor.
Doing well, the dmg boost is useful.

What about a high dexterity requirement? -req jewels and +dex belt/boots?
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
ok just did baal hell too; now for mid game / late game:

1) as we are ranged dps, i really like 13 snow queen 8 ice elementals for having 5 more blockers. therefor i would take warp armor+snow queen instead of warp armor+vengeful power. -> we also dont have to respec if we need more blockers for specific bosses

in general, i think warp armor > vengeful power, because we dont really need the 20% more phys res, do we? another idea would be - snow queen and vengeful power; but i think that having 17% avoid dmg is better than just having 20% phys res (and +8% life), because

a) we usually aren't in melee range and
b) we dont have crystalline barrier from cold tree, so we are taking much more dmg from projectiles/ele dmg.

2) so at 130 i'd like to respec to 10 specialization already and go with:

10 specialization
3 meditation
5 tenacity
5 symbol of esu
15 witch blood
24 warp armor
6 nova charge
13 snow queen
8 ice elementals
1 immersion
1 arcane torrent
1 raven familiar
30 forked lightning
16 thunderstone
4 eye of the storm

the upcoming skill points would go to thunderstone until 30 (at lvl 144 then) - bus this is only theorycrafting, not sure if we dont have to respec to 30 thunderstone anyway, because of low single target dps otherwise.

3) merc - as we are ranged dps, usually a A2 or A5 melee merc would be better option? or would he die anyway, even with endgame su/ssu gear? then we can use A1 priest or A3 for example

what do you think?
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
loreth2021 wrote:ok just did baal hell too; now for mid game / late game:

1) as we are ranged dps, i really like 13 snow queen 8 ice elementals for having 5 more blockers. therefor i would take warp armor+snow queen instead of warp armor+vengeful power. -> we also dont have to respec if we need more blockers for specific bosses

in general, i think warp armor > vengeful power, because we dont really need the 20% more phys res, do we? another idea would be - snow queen and vengeful power; but i think that having 17% avoid dmg is better than just having 20% phys res (and +8% life), because

b) we dont have crystalline barrier from cold tree, so we are taking much more dmg from projectiles/ele dmg.

the upcoming skill points would go to thunderstone until 30 (at lvl 144 then) - bus this is only theorycrafting, not sure if we dont have to respec to 30 thunderstone anyway, because of low single target dps otherwise.

3) merc - as we are ranged dps, usually a A2 or A5 melee merc would be better option? or would he die anyway, even with endgame su/ssu gear? then we can use A1 priest or A3 for example

what do you think?

The "just" 20% phys res, 8%max life and around 50% spell dmg when get hit is IMO better as the ice elementals and ~100 k def more.
I dont know where you want to farm, but from my experience having close to max (50%) phys dr is more enjoyable gameplay.
I dont know, im always in melee range cause ill teleport into a pack of enemys, cast my spells, run forward and repeat. Thats why im using a A1 ranger merc.
Atm i have enough dps to kill the neon fiends in fauzt in 1-2 casts, in the early fauzt runs i needed like 5-6 casts to kill them, so the ranger merc with arrowside and barrage dealt with them.

For me, i dont like the thunderstone skill, feels clunky and slow. Maxed forked lightning and teleporting on top of a boss deals more / equal the dmg as a thunderstone.

DeaTh wrote:
Manu300000 wrote:Yeah running this setup to farm. Familars on 48, max forked lightning, 10 vengefull power, max witchblood and usual skills, leftovers in warp armor.
Doing well, the dmg boost is useful.

What about a high dexterity requirement? -req jewels and +dex belt/boots?

Dont know how much charms you have, but i got the most common ones and i placed 6x trash - req jewels in my attana khans dress to use it right after respec, only thing that needs dex is celestial barrier, for this i use fal crafted jewels with -10% req and 2% spell dmg ( common on these crafts imo )
I think i placed str mo's on boots to carry su heavy belt.
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
Manu300000 wrote:
loreth2021 wrote:ok just did baal hell too; now for mid game / late game:

what do you think?

The "just" 20% phys res, 8%max life and around 50% spell dmg when get hit is IMO better as the ice elementals and ~100 k def more.
I dont know where you want to farm, but from my experience having close to max (50%) phys dr is more enjoyable gameplay.
I dont know, im always in melee range cause ill teleport into a pack of enemys, cast my spells, run forward and repeat. Thats why im using a A1 ranger merc.
Atm i have enough dps to kill the neon fiends in fauzt in 1-2 casts, in the early fauzt runs i needed like 5-6 casts to kill them, so the ranger merc with arrowside and barrage dealt with them.

For me, i dont like the thunderstone skill, feels clunky and slow. Maxed forked lightning and teleporting on top of a boss deals more / equal the dmg as a thunderstone.

ok so if using vengeful power instead of snow queen, then i can also use superposition- guess ill try it out. im at 132 farming fauz, but yea with only -42% light pierce it feels little bit slow; just found lunar eclipse belt, which is a nice boost, but still low pierce.
Aegontrygas
Thunder Beetle
53 | 1
Hey there, I am new too Median.

I started with the Light Sorc and I really enjoy it.
Not only the Teleport is great, also the other Skills like Tempest.
It's a really nice Guide, thanks for that and stay...
humble!
livewirejsp
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I have the light set. 6k life 8k mana. baal is kicking my butt. Can't beat him. Frustrating. Just hit 120. I guess I'll have to wait.
Livak
Imp
4 | 0
Just did Baal almost give up, time run out and I still managed to kite him away from his colleagues and remove his last health... Most terrific FIght I had in Median XL. I was 126 and have onyl 2 pcs of Elemental 1 Acred crafted Cicrlet and Rest Mid setup gear.
Livak
Imp
4 | 0
Livak wrote:I played your guide for a couple of days now and am 125 with 2 elemental children setpieces. I can run Duncraiq easily and wonder how much value is LP?
I often find other rings/amulets with almost perfect rolls + Spellfocus more lightning damage but 5% less LP. How can I calculate the value of LP compared to these other stats? Is LP+ always the better option?

Can someone answer me how great the value of LP is?
Thanks!