SSF Lightning Sorc Hybrid Guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
What bases do i use for the different craftables that are listed in the gear sections? i don't know what to look for as a base for these crafts even after i looked at the "item bases" list, and since some of them requires really rare runes i want to get the best i can.

On somewhat the same topic: Is there a trick to getting Great runes? or they are just super rare? cleared Faustinville 6 times and didn't find a single one, how many great runes do you average per 10 clears? and does magic find affect rune drop-rate?

Im currently using the Elemental set, can i shrine bless set items? can i add anything to set items at all other than MO'ing them? ofc i do know about oil of Luck, but anything other than that which can increase the power of set items?
bigsad
Prowler
18 | 0
Hi, how do you do cham laz for Sor ?
jacobson
Skeleton
2 | 1
Thanks for the guide! There is a big improvement for early game leveling though.
Use Arcane Torrent instead of Forked Lightning. 1 point you put into it to get Raven Familiar is more than enough.
- It deals more damage, with the very same lightning damage gear the guide suggests. Only with a full set and light dmg MOs on all slots and Witch Blood buff my maxed Tempest got the damage comparable to this 1 point wonder. I tried Forked Lightning too, but respecced at lvl 50 as it was clearly weaker (no surprise, it's way easier to get energy and mana than light dmg early on). And of course if you swap a couple light dmg TUs into something with mana then Arcane Torrent will be even more effective.
- No mana issues since it's 1pt skill
- It's more comfortable to use and provides higher clearspeed, as it covers larger area
Lightning damage build probably has a better potential in late game, so you'll switch to it later, but that doesn't mean you can't be a mana sorc until k3k, especially when you don't need to do anything to be one. And Thunderstone is good even without light dmg investment so you won't struggle with bosses too.
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
I added Scosglen section, Enhanced Rune farming section, brief commentary on mf
viewtopic.php?p=502594#p502594

There's been a lot of questions I missed, hopefully they have been answered, if not, ask again.

Playing some d2r right now :mrgreen: but future plans include doing more ubers. Maybe rerolling another sorc later in the season so I can take gear snapshots after each uber attempt because I'm having trouble remembering exactly what I used. Not sure what else needs addressing..?
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
bigsad wrote:Hi, how do you do cham laz for Sor ?

Borrow sif's asasino to farm it :kapp:

Actually laz is possible with light sorc but much slower than asasino. That will be content for later when I have time
FractalBliss42
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks for adding the section about Scos. Could you also add a section or just mention here what your favorite areas for leveling/farming 120+ are for the light soso? Currently I'm lvl 125 and farming dunc (albeit a bit slow in the lightning set), but don't know where I should go next for leveling.

Thanks again for the guide, its been awesome!
Aegontrygas
Thunder Beetle
53 | 1
VIKAN XD LOL XD
Whyred
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Vikan wrote:I added Scosglen section, Enhanced Rune farming section, brief commentary on mf

There's been a lot of questions I missed, hopefully they have been answered, if not, ask again.

Playing some d2r right now :mrgreen: but future plans include doing more ubers. Maybe rerolling another sorc later in the season so I can take gear snapshots after each uber attempt because I'm having trouble remembering exactly what I used. Not sure what else needs addressing..?

Thoughts on lab gear? A section on how to approach the labs would be great. I struggle on T6-7 with the empowered attacks from mobs.
Whyred
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Whyred wrote:
Vikan wrote:I added Scosglen section, Enhanced Rune farming section, brief commentary on mf

Thoughts on lab gear? A section on how to approach the labs would be great. I struggle on T6-7 with the empowered attacks from mobs.

Now I am able to go up to T8 comfortably. But T9 with the minus 100 resistance - uhm lets say, I'm not there yet..
quanp4v
Cultist
21 | 0
Due to the passive "20sec cd of all lightning skill when..." of Mistress of Pain, that means if im using it i just can throw points in Warp Armor but not the other 3 passive skills right? That would be lack of a lot of HP @@.