SSF Lightning Sorc Hybrid Guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Livak
Imp
4 | 0
SpookyDeluxe wrote:I see in the guide it recommends crafting jewels with Spell Focus + Lightning Spell before we get the lightning pierce runes. What is the recipe to craft these jewels? I don't see a corresponding rune on the cube page.

Look more the answer is on the CUBE RECIPES page: look for "JEWELCRAFTING"
SpookyDeluxe
Skeleton
2 | 0
Livak wrote:
SpookyDeluxe wrote:I see in the guide it recommends crafting jewels with Spell Focus + Lightning Spell before we get the lightning pierce runes. What is the recipe to craft these jewels? I don't see a corresponding rune on the cube page.

Look more the answer is on the CUBE RECIPES page: look for "JEWELCRAFTING"

Right except I am on that page and none of the runes give + spell focus or + Lightning spells? Is it just Fal Runes for generic spell damage and hoping we hit the other stats?
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
hello,

for kind of a mf farm gear for fauzt/scosglen- currently lvl136 with ele set - we just use %mf orbs and IST-runes for sockets in order to get to ~200% mf?

€dit: any hints for me, for setting up mf?`mystic orbs with mf, ist-rune, ...?

https://median-xl.com/acc/snapshot.php? ... 1631290815
Aegontrygas
Thunder Beetle
53 | 1
loreth2021 wrote:hello,

for kind of a mf farm gear for fauzt/scosglen- currently lvl136 with ele set - we just use %mf orbs and IST-runes for sockets in order to get to ~200% mf?

€dit: any hints for me, for setting up mf?`mystic orbs with mf, ist-rune, ...?

https://median-xl.com/acc/snapshot.php? ... 1631290815

There are few ways of getting MF tho.

Lilith's Temptation (100%MF)
Corrupted Wormhole (can be around 130% tho)
Maybe the MF from a Merc also applies too you.
Ist Runes and Mystic Orbs are great for more MF.
Some weapons, Jewelrys, can also have a good amount of MF. (Ghostmoon has 25% )etc.

But I would only use MF if I am still able too clean the map fast enough.
For Fautz I use Lilith's and thats it pretty much, around 163% MF.

I think you can get around 300%+ with the right things.
I wonder if MF really helps at finding more Items aka more Sets/Uniques, Orbs, etc.

https://median-xl.fandom.com/wiki/Magic_Find <- interesting
ShadowSlave
Acid Prince
48 | 0
Has anyone played around with a Mistress of Pain build yet?

I'm missing some key items (2 good sockets for
Indigo
Indigo
Circlets

'UnTaha'
Runeword Level: 110
+2 to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
-500 Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(13 to 15)%
Requirements -100%
, Yham for
Vision

Vision
Boots

'GhalOlYhamArc'
Runeword Level: 120
10% of Total Energy Gained as Life
+1 to All Skills
+15 Spell Focus
+10% Bonus to Spell Focus
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(141 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+10 to all Attributes
Maximum Life and Mana +(1 to 5)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Physical Damage Reduced by (10 to 20)
) to try this out, so I'm wondering if there are any guiena pigs on this build and what their thoughts were on it.
moskatero
Skeleton
2 | 0
ShadowSlave wrote:Has anyone played around with a Mistress of Pain build yet?

Indigo
Indigo
Circlets

'UnTaha'
+2 to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
-500 Defense
Requirements -100%
, Yham for
Vision

Vision
Boots

'GhalOlYhamArc'
+1 to All Skills
+15 Spell Focus
+10 to all Attributes
) to try this out, so I'm wondering if there are any guiena pigs on this build and what their thoughts were on it.

I've been running it, but only because I still haven't dropped the Staff for the Elemental set. I crafted

Shields

'IgnFulGla'
Runeword Level: 100
+1 to All Skills
45% Cast Speed
45% Hit Recovery
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(16 to 25)% Magic Find
Requirements +25%
to go along with it and it helped my clear quite a bit, but the loss of 20 phys res hit hard. For instance Necrobots hurt quite a bit. Apart from that I'm still trying to get Great Runes to craft those same two items.

I'm level 134 atm, and can farm Fautz np, but going to Scosglen hurt, a lot. To the point that I gave up before getting to the waypoint.
Aegontrygas
Thunder Beetle
53 | 1

Indigo
Indigo
Circlets

'UnTaha'
+2 to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
-500 Defense
Requirements -100%
, Yham for
Vision

Vision
Boots

'GhalOlYhamArc'
+1 to All Skills
+15 Spell Focus
+10 to all Attributes

I was playing with Mistress of Pain on Tempest Setup, right now I am testing Fork with Ghostmoon and looks better as Tempest somehow but I feel like Tempest is more relaxing.

I have pretty much the Endgame stuff and I am trying to min max my Char, atm I am farming Trophys.
Scosglen is a bit hard, my damage looks fine but there are 2 Monster which are more tanky, one of them does Ice Damage and also Absorbs Lightning.
Maybe I need to tryout a few Skilltrees adapted too Scosglen.

Would appreciate it, if Vikan makes a special Setup for Scosglen only also with a Video.
"Scosglen only Elemental Damage" means no Physical Reduce and Magic Resis right?
Maybe it makes sense to drop some damage and add 1%+ max Gems in equipment.

Living Flame & Ice Elemental are maybe great for Scosglen, btw. is it possible too make an endgame Merc that survives Scosglen / other content?
Also a question about fhr/fbr, why we dont try too use the max values of it? Is it not worth it too use that much? I mean its not that hard tho too get slightly more as the value descibed in the Guide for 1 more frame.

Well 157% FCR is easy and theres no higher frame of it, 109% FHR is also fine (280% is very hard too get tho) 75% FBR .
I think its not that hard too get the 129% for 1 more but I got no clue thats why I am looking for some feedback.

135% Pierce for Scosglen, right? I could also try Mistress of Pain with Fork but always keep in mind too adapt your Skilltree of the choice of your weapon and if I can afford enough Spell Focus, I maybe swap too Vision Boots for more HP / Max Res% but not sure yet.

I prob need a new Wormhole with Energy% or Combat Speed, also depends which stats you are missing, I need like 2-3 Jewels with FBR and I am on the values which are written down here. Then I would prob go Energy% on this Charm. Got around 2070 with Raven only but more with Nova Charge.
Wish I can get more Fire, Cold & Poison Res and maybe Magic Res too, +5% on Amu would be great too.
I would rather take that instead the +1sk.

My current Gear:

Ghostmoon / Hide of the Basilisk / Celestial Barrier / Black Dwarf / 2x Rare Rings / Indigo / Spirit Walker / Lunar Eclipse / Lamha / Deimoss Charm missing / Few Trophys / > Jewels are mostly like: 4% Light DMG / FHR / FBR / Energy % / All Atributes % < (I got few with Spell Focus but I am at 1k)
ShadowSlave
Acid Prince
48 | 0
moskatero wrote:

Indigo
Indigo
Circlets

'UnTaha'
+2 to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
-500 Defense
Requirements -100%
, Yham for
Vision

Vision
Boots

'GhalOlYhamArc'
+1 to All Skills
+15 Spell Focus
+10 to all Attributes

I've been running it, but only because I still haven't dropped the Staff for the Elemental set. I crafted

Shields

'IgnFulGla'
Runeword Level: 100
+1 to All Skills
45% Cast Speed
45% Hit Recovery
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(16 to 25)% Magic Find
Requirements +25%
to go along with it and it helped my clear quite a bit, but the loss of 20 phys res hit hard. For instance Necrobots hurt quite a bit. Apart from that I'm still trying to get Great Runes to craft those same two items.

I'm level 134 atm, and can farm Fautz np, but going to Scosglen hurt, a lot. To the point that I gave up before getting to the waypoint.

Yeah I grinded the hell out of that WP, tp blink and pray, then tp, rinse-repeat.
I tip-toe clear 1-2 waves near the entrance, but it isn't fun lol.
ShadowSlave
Acid Prince
48 | 0
Aegontrygas wrote:

Indigo
Indigo
Circlets

'UnTaha'
+2 to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
-500 Defense
Requirements -100%
, Yham for
Vision

Vision
Boots

'GhalOlYhamArc'
+1 to All Skills
+15 Spell Focus
+10 to all Attributes

I was playing with Mistress of Pain on Tempest Setup, right now I am testing Fork with Ghostmoon and looks better as Tempest somehow but I feel like Tempest is more relaxing.

I have pretty much the Endgame stuff and I am trying to min max my Char, atm I am farming Trophys.
Scosglen is a bit hard, my damage looks fine but there are 2 Monster which are more tanky, one of them does Ice Damage and also Absorbs Lightning.
Maybe I need to tryout a few Skilltrees adapted too Scosglen.

Would appreciate it, if Vikan makes a special Setup for Scosglen only also with a Video.
"Scosglen only Elemental Damage" means no Physical Reduce and Magic Resis right?
Maybe it makes sense to drop some damage and add 1%+ max Gems in equipment.

Living Flame & Ice Elemental are maybe great for Scosglen, btw. is it possible too make an endgame Merc that survives Scosglen / other content?
Also a question about fhr/fbr, why we dont try too use the max values of it? Is it not worth it too use that much? I mean its not that hard tho too get slightly more as the value descibed in the Guide for 1 more frame.

Well 157% FCR is easy and theres no higher frame of it, 109% FHR is also fine (280% is very hard too get tho) 75% FBR .
I think its not that hard too get the 129% for 1 more but I got no clue thats why I am looking for some feedback.

135% Pierce for Scosglen, right? I could also try Mistress of Pain with Fork but always keep in mind too adapt your Skilltree of the choice of your weapon and if I can afford enough Spell Focus, I maybe swap too Vision Boots for more HP / Max Res% but not sure yet.

I prob need a new Wormhole with Energy% or Combat Speed, also depends which stats you are missing, I need like 2-3 Jewels with FBR and I am on the values which are written down here. Then I would prob go Energy% on this Charm. Got around 2070 with Raven only but more with Nova Charge.
Wish I can get more Fire, Cold & Poison Res and maybe Magic Res too, +5% on Amu would be great too.
I would rather take that instead the +1sk.

My current Gear:

Ghostmoon / Hide of the Basilisk / Celestial Barrier / Black Dwarf / 2x Rare Rings / Indigo / Spirit Walker / Lunar Eclipse / Lamha / Deimoss Charm missing / Few Trophys / > Jewels are mostly like: 4% Light DMG / FHR / FBR / Energy % / All Atributes % < (I got few with Spell Focus but I am at 1k)

I blew through my belladonnas to figure out an approach to navagating through Scosglen, most of it came up requiring Ice elementals and pacing (whist on Lightning set). I was hoping for some viability using avoid damage stats, but max I can get is 42% (p-Mistress of Pain, 24pts on Warp Armor, 10% on set body or Armor of Old Religion), and very low success farming Fauntz at high clear speed.

For the price and the flexibility the Lightning set is soo strong! Ghostmoon seems to be fairly reasonable since it won't resist your ability to get Ice Elementals. Mistress of Pain really needs a lot of testing (and of course the last two items). I would love to see what true potential can come out of it, and whether leaning more avoid damage of giving up some of that for physical resist is more worth at the end of the day.

Sadly I haven't even bothered with the Greater Riftwalker to attempt a rift.
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge