SSF Lightning Sorc Hybrid Guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Captcha
Mangler
474 | 25
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I followed the skills order in the (very useful) spreadsheet in the spoiler - when I got to level 100 Superposition, I didn't have the 50 points in Lightning skills that are needed. This may need a tweak n the guide? HTH

Would I be right in thinking that the idea is to put points in Thunderstone until we get to 50 pts overall?

I'm in the set atm, which has 3s Blink, so teleport isn't a real priority right now since I don't have all the end game pieces yet, so maybe those points could be spent somewhere else for now (Familiar?).
Whyred
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Captcha wrote:I followed the skills order in the (very useful) spreadsheet in the spoiler - when I got to level 100 Superposition, I didn't have the 50 points in Lightning skills that are needed. This may need a tweak n the guide? HTH

Would I be right in thinking that the idea is to put points in Thunderstone until we get to 50 pts overall?

I'm in the set atm, which has 3s Blink, so teleport isn't a real priority right now since I don't have all the end game pieces yet, so maybe those points could be spent somewhere else for now (Familiar?).


I would put them somewhere else until you have some more mana and regen to take advantage of superposition. But the idea is to put points in thunderstone yes. Remember it's not a suitable route for all content.
Whyred
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
In terms of labyrinth viability I don't think Lightning comes close to Cold Sorceress if you choose the SSF route.

I ended up being able to do t10 solo, but that was with pretty maxed out gear. I still find Phoboss hard though, but I think thats more down to me being bad.
kasock
Destroyer
7 | 1
SUPER GUIDE! Thank you! 8-)

A question: if i choose to use Tempest instead of Forked Lightning, should i train "Mind Spark" perk? Thanks!
Siosilvar
Team Member
810 | 141
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
kasock wrote:SUPER GUIDE! Thank you! 8-)

A question: if i choose to use Tempest instead of Forked Lightning, should i train "Mind Spark" perk? Thanks!


Do the math. If you have 3200 or 4000 energy, sure, it's +1-2 bolts. Any less and it's not worth it.
kasock
Destroyer
7 | 1
Siosilvar wrote:
kasock wrote:SUPER GUIDE! Thank you! 8-)

A question: if i choose to use Tempest instead of Forked Lightning, should i train "Mind Spark" perk? Thanks!


Do the math. If you have 3200 or 4000 energy, sure, it's +1-2 bolts. Any less and it's not worth it.


Ok, thanks
Demigod
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
In the tank section of the build someone pointed out you have +1 hive point when you already have 2 coven skills via ice queen and charged armor. My guess is you had some sort of item that gave + to Hive for pre buff?
User avatar
Jampula
Gore Crawler
1568 | 76
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Demigod wrote:In the tank section of the build someone pointed out you have +1 hive point when you already have 2 coven skills via ice queen and charged armor. My guess is you had some sort of item that gave + to Hive for pre buff?

I didn't read the guide but Klaatu amu comes to mind and is pretty common.
servii
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Hello All,
I wanted to ask –(out of curiosity) what is your damage numbers with this build? I just went for an another setup - Deckard Cain's Heirloom and my damage jumped with around 70%. That's with extremely good rolled jewels, each with 2% exp&2% lighting spell dmg. With Lighting set, dementia, Lamha gloves, Witchmoon amuletx2&good rolled Black Dwarf I had 4800 on Tempest& 6200 dmg on Thunderstone(max values as per char list). Now I have 6628-7609 Tempest and 8043-11 k Thunderstone. PR stayed the same (48%), the only thing I sacrificed was 12% lighting spell pierce.
Heroebal
Rust Claw
80 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
If you were to use vaetia's wall with mistress of pain would the 4 coven skills coming from vwall count towards the (if you have any pts in VP/LF/SQ) thing?

I wonder how that would work out if it didn't. I think you'd lose all skills from celestial barrier but you could use the points that would've been spent on the other coven into raven to get some +skill pts back.