SSF Lightning Sorc Hybrid Guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Syncness
Skeleton
2 | 0
Can I ask if it's possible to add a newbie-friendly gearing guide in the 1-105 section?

I think the WW Barb and Bow Druid guide both had sections that explained when to farm Meph for TUs (Nithlathak later), and when to luck orb your gear or get the Twin Sea charm.
This was really helpful for a new player.

Thanks!
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ah, I just farmed nihlatak at normal ( a 5 halls of pain>halls of vaught) after defeating normal Baal. Got some usefulTU-s but most AC-s went for necessary recipes . Do not forget TU-s for your merc !
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ok so here is my early review on this build, im atm at level 137.

I tried lots of different stuff / gear / skills & skill combinations, wasted like 15 belladonnas :lol:

First question of the day : Forked Lightning or Tempest
The answer is simple : Forgked Lightning is better in every way. / Tempest is for the lazy guys-
You can aim forked lightning where you want and it deals alot more dmg. I Often had the problem that tempest aimed on targets that i dont want to kill first. You can cheat here with some positioning, but its most of the time rng when you are surounded by mobs.

Second : Ghostmoon or Mistress of Pain

For me, Ghostmoon was clearly the better choice.
Even with 15% more avoid and 20%less %dr (loss of vengefull power) // more defense / skills /spelldmg /-enemy res - it cant come up to the forked lightning projectiles and having the second passive.

Im lazy at farming signets and beating annoying ubers like yshari, i need to craft jewels and improve some gear parts like shield (t4 unique) and the 2 set gloves and circlet. But my dmg ony forked lightning is at 6 k now, with 135 pierce. 7,5 k life 160k def 48% dr 170 mf and all res over 80.
Its enough to teleport through fauzt and playing agressive like im used too, its a fast and safe build. If you are having trouble at fauzt / toraja - just place
1 or more points into force blast. This spell is broken.

Thx for your guide, i started as a cold sorc this ladder, she was tanky and fun but lacks the dmg imo.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You can use a3 necrolyte merc if you are lazier than lazy for force blast. Yea, its inconsistent at best but at least you do not have to think about it. Although I suspect, eventually I switch to a2 bearmerc for pure tanking.
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Syncness wrote:Can I ask if it's possible to add a newbie-friendly gearing guide in the 1-105 section?

I think the WW Barb and Bow Druid guide both had sections that explained when to farm Meph for TUs (Nithlathak later), and when to luck orb your gear or get the Twin Sea charm.
This was really helpful for a new player.

Thanks!

This is a good idea.

Ruubel wrote:Ah, I just farmed nihlatak at normal ( a 5 halls of pain>halls of vaught) after defeating normal Baal. Got some usefulTU-s but most AC-s went for necessary recipes . Do not forget TU-s for your merc !

This.

Manu300000 wrote:Ok so here is my early review on this build, im atm at level 137.

I tried lots of different stuff / gear / skills & skill combinations, wasted like 15 belladonnas :lol:

First question of the day : Forked Lightning or Tempest
The answer is simple : Forgked Lightning is better in every way. / Tempest is for the lazy guys-
You can aim forked lightning where you want and it deals alot more dmg. I Often had the problem that tempest aimed on targets that i dont want to kill first. You can cheat here with some positioning, but its most of the time rng when you are surounded by mobs.

Second : Ghostmoon or Mistress of Pain

For me, Ghostmoon was clearly the better choice.
Even with 15% more avoid and 20%less %dr (loss of vengefull power) // more defense / skills /spelldmg /-enemy res - it cant come up to the forked lightning projectiles and having the second passive.

Im lazy at farming signets and beating annoying ubers like yshari, i need to craft jewels and improve some gear parts like shield (t4 unique) and the 2 set gloves and circlet. But my dmg ony forked lightning is at 6 k now, with 135 pierce. 7,5 k life 160k def 48% dr 170 mf and all res over 80.
Its enough to teleport through fauzt and playing agressive like im used too, its a fast and safe build. If you are having trouble at fauzt / toraja - just place
1 or more points into force blast. This spell is broken.

Thx for your guide, i started as a cold sorc this ladder, she was tanky and fun but lacks the dmg imo.

Thank you for insight. I will link this testimony in the main. If there are players out there who want to write their experience with Tempest I will also link it as well.
atolon
Skeleton
2 | 0
I dont quite understand the blood fury thing - it takes a lot of hp, lasts only 30 seconds, and gives me about 3% damage boost (granted it is level 1 only). Am i doing something wrong here?

Also - do you have any recommendations for merc gear?
XuuuH
Balrog
136 | 0
Nice guide. How do you solve the dexterity and strengh requiriments for the late game gear?
Ashaera's belt is 529strg for example and Elemental Fury Armor is 468dex.
raptureswg
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Vikan wrote:
Syncness wrote:
Ruubel wrote:Ah, I just farmed nihlatak at normal ( a 5 halls of pain>halls of vaught) after defeating normal Baal. Got some usefulTU-s but most AC-s went for necessary recipes . Do not forget TU-s for your merc !

This.

With enough Mana Regen, Superposition, and MXL's built-in map reveal, I was farming only Andy+Meph on Nightmare in <2m total per run, usually netting 3-5 arcane shards per run too, if you wanted to do an alternrative to Nilly

Vikan wrote:
raptureswg wrote:Would love to see an update on skill point suggestions past 115!

I'll add a more detailed breakdown later. I use one of these 3

Thanks!!
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
atolon wrote: Also - do you have any recommendations for merc gear?

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=58753
Whyred
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
So I got a question regarding the crafted items.

Are Ornate shrines the only ones worthwhile, or can you get the light pierce as a affix and craft with say, Eerie shrines or other caster shrines?