SSF Lightning Sorc Hybrid Guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Kraily
Skeleton
2 | 0
can you please add breakpoints for fcr/fhr or where can i find them?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Manu300000 wrote:Nice guide.

One question :

" 125+ Aim for 1900 energy without Raven, the rest for gear or vit. "

1900 enough? is there a cap or something?

Diminishing returns.

tmp.png

Kraily wrote:can you please add breakpoints for fcr/fhr or where can i find them?

https://dev.median-xl.com/speedcalc/
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides

One question :

there are breakpoints

Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thx for the answers guys. Just figured out how broken force blast is. Im invincible in fauzt..
Fenric
Thunder Beetle
58 | 0
Anyone tested Forked Lightning vs. Tempest much? At a glance Forked Lightning looks like it has more potential as it has 2 more max bolts, and also a 1% damage per base point multiplier which Tempest lacks. Am I missing something? Is Tempest much better late game with good gear/high energy and Mind Spark upgrade?
raptureswg
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Would love to see an update on skill point suggestions past 115!
Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
illsonmedia wrote:Nice! Thanks for adding this section: Late midgame 120-139

Any thoughts on BiS bases? It's a balance between defense and stat reqs. I feel like Leather Gloves, while having the lowest Def, might be the best to craft, true?

Weapon: Orb
Amulet: Witchmoon or Teganze Pendant
Rings: Rares with light pierce, Light spell, +skill level, spell focus, experience, Magic Find
Helmet: Craft Circlet + LP, LSD, SF + [3 All Skills]
Body Armor: Ennead's Bane or Crafted Body armor - LP, LSD, SF+ [15% All Attributes, 2 to all skills, 44+ Magic Find]
Belt: Crafted - LP, LSD, SF
Gloves: Crafted - LP, LSD, SF + [2 Sorc Skills]
Boots: Rabbit's Foot

(sry, dont know where the quote button is)

-Weapon: Can the Orb weapon also be a Stone, like Jared's Stone (i.e. any 1 handed sorc weapon?) just not sure how MXL classifies these for affix pools.
    -Helmet: Circlet: Sacred Circlet has 2652 Dex, but Sacred Diadem has 524 dex
    -Body Armor: Are we going Dex here? S Gambelson req 468 dex! S Ceremonial Armor req 722!!!! :-]
    -Belt: Probably a sash? S Sash is 452 strength, this is getting crazy stats!
    -Gloves: Leather Gloves?

I try to get the lowest base I can to save points. Helm should be Circlet but with enough charms you might have enough base dex to equip the Tiara base which looks really cool 8-)
Body armor should be lowest regular or sorc. Sorc armor can roll stats not available to body armor like up to 4 sorc skills and 250 mana. belt is sash, gloves is leather gloves.
For orb you'd want Jared Stone for 3 sockets
raptureswg wrote:Am I missing something or does the 1-115 per level point allocation guide only have 1 point in Thunderstone, and ending with 23 unallocated points?

I tried following it exactly and I only see ~30 points in the Lightning tree, can't get Superposition, and only 1 in Thunderstone.

If you want to use Superposition, it requires 50 points in the lightning tree so pre-120, I'd go 25 Forked, 20 thunderstone, 4 eye of the storm, 1 tempest. After unlocking 5 max levels with the Lv 120 baal charm I do 30 forked, 15 tstone, 4 eye, 1 tempest.

Noodlez wrote:I am level 107 now and at the end from A1 Hell.

I hit a hard wall. Even trashmobs are taking me way to long to kill.
Also I am really squishy.
There is no way for me to get the first 105 charms this way.

I dont know what Im doing wrong. I have all the gear listet for Midgame 105-139 at the correct tier. Exept the unique amu.
All resis are capped, 3 buffs running.

And still I dont do damage and take a lot of damage.

I cant even get kill the mob that you have to kill to get to the 105 rift island of the sunless sea

I could need some help please.

You should look at boosting lsd, sf to further, and get pierce on items where you can. Generally mobs that are lightning absorb take 75% less damage from your attacks so ignore them when farming. The enemy that opens the Sunless Sea rift can be problematic because he is a lightning absorb with high regen. You need a merc with big burst damage like a1 merc and focus him down with thunderstone to overcome his healing.

One question :

The new curve for spell damage slows down greatly at 2100. If you have 1900 unbuffed, you'll have around 2100 with Raven Familiar on. Any more energy past this gives you less than 1% more damage per 100 energy so it's really just for extra mana.

Vikan
Phoboss's Bane
177 | 171
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Kraily wrote:can you please add breakpoints for fcr/fhr or where can i find them?

Fenric wrote:Anyone tested Forked Lightning vs. Tempest much? At a glance Forked Lightning looks like it has more potential as it has 2 more max bolts, and also a 1% damage per base point multiplier which Tempest lacks. Am I missing something? Is Tempest much better late game with good gear/high energy and Mind Spark upgrade?

I get a lot of comments about Tempest so I'll address them all here at once. I think it's more important to play a style you like than to follow whatever the meta is. As a matter of personal preference I just don't like the way it plays.
Manu300000 wrote:Thx for the answers guys. Just figured out how broken force blast is. Im invincible in fauzt..

Certainly if a lot of people like it, there must be merit to it. And it may even be stronger. If anyone can provide more insight, I would invite them to post their experience here.

Mmyea

raptureswg wrote:Would love to see an update on skill point suggestions past 115!

I'll add a more detailed breakdown later. I use one of these 3

Main Farming build:
10 Specialization
Max Forked Lightning
Max Witch Blood
Max Superposition
5 Symbol of Esu
1 pt Raven (includes prereqs)
24 Warp Armor
6 Nova Charge
10 Vengeful Power
1 Hive
3 Meditation
5 Tenacity
4 Eye of the Storm
1 Forceblast
Rest in Thunderstone

Bossing Build
10 Specialization
Max Thunderstone
Max Witch Blood
5 Symbol of Esu
24 Warp Armor
6 Nova Charge
10 Vengeful Power
1 Hive
3 Meditation
5 Tenacity
4 Eye of the Storm
1 Forceblast
Rest in Forked Lightning

Special Bossing Build that requires tanks
10 Specialization
Max Thunderstone
Max Witch Blood
5 Symbol of Esu
24 Warp Armor
6 Nova Charge
13 Snow Queen
11 Ice Elementals
1 Hive
3 Meditation
5 Tenacity
4 Eye of the Storm
1 Forceblast
Rest in Forked Lightning

Note: Superposition disables Ice Elementals
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Im playing with 1 point into superposition and 1 point into Antimass, most of the time im at full health, and if there is a problem after the teleporting, swap to antimass - instant full health. Empty mana - but i can cast forked lightning forever
Fenric
Thunder Beetle
58 | 0
Vikan wrote:I get a lot of comments about Tempest so I'll address them all here at once. I think it's more important to play a style you like than to follow whatever the meta is. As a matter of personal preference I just don't like the way it plays.

That's fine. I just wondered after reading the two skill descriptions if I was missing something. I didn't start as lightning so when I reset, I skipped Forked Lightning and went straight to Tempest. I should try it out at some point. I've looted a Ghostmoon, Gravetalon, and Habacalva's Legacy so I have a few builds I'd like to give a shot when I get enough other items to make breaking up set bonus worthwhile.