Bat Lady Guide (SSF, Summoner, VIT assassin)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
God_of_Magic wrote:
Diaco wrote:Wouldn't this build benefit from having a crafted shield with veil king? Seems like a good replacement tank if you don't want to run a merc

That would be great except Veil King O-skill was removed from sin shields in Sigma 2.0.

Yeah, quite a shame. I think she should do well with any kind of tanky relic summon 'cause of all the summon res and life
MrIdegen
Bone Archer
70 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Splargh wrote:
God_of_Magic wrote:
Diaco wrote:Wouldn't this build benefit from having a crafted shield with veil king? Seems like a good replacement tank if you don't want to run a merc

That would be great except Veil King O-skill was removed from sin shields in Sigma 2.0.

Yeah, quite a shame. I think she should do well with any kind of tanky relic summon 'cause of all the summon res and life

You do have the possibility to use any such relics, but you would also need to drop melee devotion if you decide so, as it would not let you summon them. Bats are exception as they are part of a charge up attack but not a summoning one by default.
Neyhanis
Balrog
122 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Last ladder I got a near-perfect craft with summon veil king, andthat was my main motivation to make a summonner sin... got quite bummed when I found out the mod was gone, but I stayed for the bats and wasnt dissapointed :P
felix0808
Pit Knight
116 | 12
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hope the batstrike will be removed or reworked somehow :D most weird assasin skill along with Hades gates.
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
felix0808 wrote:Hope the batstrike will be removed or reworked somehow :D most weird assasin skill along with Hades gates.

Well I sure hope not, that's the only buids I play :mrgreen: It's just not suited for you, gotta search elsewhere.
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Lynderika wrote:
felix0808 wrote:Hope the batstrike will be removed or reworked somehow :D most weird assasin skill along with Hades gates.

Well I sure hope not, that's the only buids I play :mrgreen: It's just not suited for you, gotta search elsewhere.

Me too. I enjoy both the 2-charge and 3-charge mechanics. Enabling release on something else than normal attack would be nice but I think they stated that can't be done due to engine limitations
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Splargh wrote:hmm yeah, difficult to improve without Zular Khan's Tempest.
Anything other than Zular that removes the full set bonus might be a downgrade (at first) rather than an upgrade.

You could switch your belt to a honoric shrine blessed sacred sash. That can get up to 70% minion life (30% from shrine bless, 40 from double MO bonus) and even 110 with 2 minion life jewels. Mine only has 66% (bless didn't go too well) and I chose io runes as socket filler to keep the level requirements down for more MO space.
Other than that I can only recommend crafting more jewels and getting charms. All the +skills ones are important and a couple also add minion stats (idol of vanity trophy and the sleep trophied with judgement day). Batssin luckily has an easy time farming bosses, so getting the trophies isn't too bad
You can have a look at my char for reference here:

https://tsw.vn.cz/char/splargh

Bat life is at 54k and she can clear up to lab 7 if I'm careful

edit: you should probably get more minion AR. It is easy to get from tainted crafts and io runes (50% each or 70% from enhanced io runes)

edit2: you can switch your rings to rare ones with +1 all skills and minion life. They usually have a lvl requirement of around 65 which leaves enough space for minion life and res MOs. Witchcraft or Seal of the Nephalem Kings SU rings are even better (+2 all skills) but finding them requires luck or fauzt grinding. If you have those, they can get another +1 all skills each with the Lottery Bonus recipe. That would result in +6 all skills (compared to now) which means +12 wots/wotg/wotp for your bats from ring upgrades alone. But as stated above, this requires grinding

So I went crafting like nuts, added a +1 skill ring and added some other stuff. I'm currently sitting at almost 27k bat life, but I had to add around 440% minion life. In the guide it's stated that you can get 25k bat life with around 250~300% minion life. Can it be that this is because I'm only lvl 120 and am missing out on charm bonuses from the 125 and 130 lvl charms?

I'm having a hard time leveling up after lvl 120, it slowed down significantly and Dunc isn't that much fun with this build. I wonder where other people level this build up. A friend of mine went from 110 to 138 in no time but as all my other friends, he aswell quit Sigma again after four weeks... So I can't ask. And as with many people I play with and borrowed stuff to, the Sin gear I borrowed to him, he also took to the grave. Very annoying.

(I found that K3K is maybe easier/faster to level from 120>125 because it's less deadly and still gives plenty of exp)
Splargh
Grubber
320 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Must be the missing +all skills from charms (and maybe a few on gear). I don't think bat life scales with character level (like damage on spell skills does). Or maybe it does? We would have to test that. But I can't think of any other possbile influencing factors.

I got to 130 while farming for trophies and essences for umbaru treassure (tran athula, dunc, teganze). There is plenty to kill on the way to the bosses. Leveling while farming trophies feels rewarding (in my opinion) since you are working towards 2 goals simultaneously. Those two, combined with some occasional random good drops (mainly in dunc) ensure a steady stream of small dopamine releases :D. I think I did maybe 2-4 full clears of fauzt at level 129 since that is when the diminishing returns on experience in the lvl 120 uber zones (dunc and teganze) became really prominent. Pretty much ignored Scosglen because the bats waste too much time chasing after those fast-fleeing archers.
After 130, labs are by far the most efficient exp farming location for this build. Monsters don't run away much, there aren't too many of them and they give a lot of exp per single kill. Good conditions for this single target build.

ps:
the bonus exp modifier helps a bit. Make sure you have good bonus exp rolls on your charms (Zakarum's Ear, Laser Focus Crystal) and you can look for the bonus exp stat on rings and amulets
felix0808
Pit Knight
116 | 12
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Splargh wrote:
Lynderika wrote:Well I sure hope not, that's the only buids I play :mrgreen: It's just not suited for you, gotta search elsewhere.

Me too. I enjoy both the 2-charge and 3-charge mechanics. Enabling release on something else than normal attack would be nice but I think they stated that can't be done due to engine limitations

BS 1st charge: looks cool but useless in practice, reqires too much micromanagement for 0 actual dmg. Noctule is much more powerful.

BS 2nd charge: hard to use, because you need 2 actual hits, misses don't count. When you in the middle of hostile crowd of mobs, its very hard to notice how much white balls you have.
BS 3rd charge: Also quite hard to use in the middle of hostile crowd, but not as BS2. And sometimes just deal no damage. Happens when enemy stay near an obstacle (wall, ....)

Actually i like the idea of unusual way to summon pets and killing blow that requires time to prepare. But it should be implemented in a different way.

For example we can split this skill for 2
BatSummon - buff, adds %proc summon bat on attack, if you don't have full party
BatStrike - skill, disables attack for x seconds. After x seconds gain buff "assasinate" - you next attack deal massive dmg.
MrIdegen
Bone Archer
70 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
If your suggestion would be implemented, summoning bats would be random and clunky instead of just clunky.

Moving it to the 3rd one would be enough to make it easier to coordinate.