Physical Werebear Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Introduction

With 2.0 I wanted to try a straight forward melee char. Started with WW barb but soon realize it's not very high ping friendly. Switched to Werebear druid and had a blast since then.

The last Werebear guide hasn't been maintained in a while, and it got some questionable gear choice imo so I wanna make a new one in hope it would help some other new players like me.

Disclaimer: I'm not a very good player myself, so any critic/guidance is welcome.

Build summary

Pros

► Show Spoiler

Cons

► Show Spoiler

Stat

All in strength. Bears need abs

Skill plan

► Show Spoiler

Breakpoints

► Show Spoiler

Gear

Tip: Oil of luck bonus cannot exceed 200% ed cap (though superior item bonus can in runeword case). So you should use oil of luck first before topping up the enhance damage/defense with MO after

Early game (0-105~)

► Show Spoiler

Mid game (~105-120~)
► Show Spoiler

Late game (>125~)

► Show Spoiler

Progression
► Show Spoiler

Uber Tips
► Show Spoiler
Edited by OverSky 2 years.
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
FAQs

I'll gradually add more

1. Which merc did you use?

► Show Spoiler
Edited by OverSky 2 years.
nemmate
Grubber
300 | 8
I play actually with 2h melee necro. I tried bear druid with other stuff and it wasn't really good on dps. I'll try later maybe to give a second chance with other equipment. Nice guide btw.
guivon
Prowler
15 | 0
nice guide, currently I'm struggling a lot in terms of dmg against the judgement day playing as melee bear druid
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
guivon wrote:nice guide, currently I'm struggling a lot in terms of dmg against the judgement day playing as melee bear druid

ye JD (and Kabraxis) are the only 2 uber at 120 that's posing a challenge for the bear, likely can't do right at 120 with TU gear. You'll likely need to farm a bit in Duncraig and Teganze.

Think I did it with SSF gear still, with a lowly 300-310 lowly craft axe,
Marchosias' Might
Marchosias' Might
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8595 - 9436) to (10308 - 11338)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
5% Chance to cast level 3 Bladestorm on Melee Attack
+50 to Maximum Damage
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense
+(151 to 200) to Strength
(6 to 10)% to Strength
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)

Marchosias' Essence
(Druid Werewolf Set)
and
Wind Runner

Wind Runner
Boots

'SilElqSilGul'
Runeword Level: 100
+(0 to 1) to All Skills
50% Attack Speed
10% Movement Speed
Adds 25-68 Damage
250% Bonus to Attack Rating
(12 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
as the only notable stuff.

The strat is to do Imperius first. Just go in and slap 1/3 of his HP away. Around there the Edyrems start to become overwhelming. Then you'll need to lure them way out to one of the wing, then blink pass and run straight back for another 1/3 HP. Repeat with luring them to the other wing.

For Mathael can't really do anything fancy. Just focus on slapping him, then run in circle to lure the Edyrem pack when they start surrounding us, then slap again. Repeat until he's dead and hope that it's done under 1 min.
deamiel
Invader
8 | 0
at last 2.0 werebear build. THANKS..

a question from newbie. What should i look at speelcalc screen? Im kinda confused.
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
deamiel wrote:at last 2.0 werebear build. THANKS..

a question from newbie. What should i look at speelcalc screen? Im kinda confused.

So for the speed calculator, first you input your current Attack Speed (total attack speed on weapon, skill & gear) and Weapon Attack Speed (attack speed on weapon only) (hope I covered these concept sufficiently in the guide).

Then the calculator will split out a table with FPA and Weapon Attack Speed (WAS) column.
A negative WAS value means you already reach that FPA, and a positive value means the additional weapon attack speed requires to reach the next FPA breakpoint.

e.g. if the calculator give you this table

the blue row indicates your current attack breakpoint value, which is 9 FPA aka. frame per action aka. each of your attack takes 9 frame (out of 24) to execute. It effectively means your current attack speed is 24/9 = 2.67 attack per second

the green row indicates how much additional attack speed on your weapon you need to get more in order to reach the next break point. Here it shows you need 15 more WAS to reach effectively 3.0 attack per second
IronMan
Lava Lord
90 | 9
Nice to see someone post an updated bear guide.

Wanted to say 2 things.
1. Hopefully someone figures out how exactly Invasion 3 works soon. Think the big demon standing in the middle has a fire aura that is active when the frost shamblers spawn and you are supposed to stand in the patch of frozen ground which spawns with the shambler (to avoid the fire dmg). Also prob kill shambler fast? Though even with that im getting killed by something random on some chars and not others and i've got no clue whats it is, tried all resistences and no consistent solution yet (it ain't the lightning on the ground).

2. In the frost mage guide the author was pretty happy with A1 priestess merc, seems she can each 70% avoid with enough dex on gear and has nice buffs/ decent dmg. Maybe try that one out.
FreddyBaby
Vampiress
35 | 1
What about stats? Im level 126 with my druid bear, and hit 3000 strength with gear and charms. Shall I keep pumping all points in strength or vitality for more health and attack rating form primal dominance skill?

I did Judgement day and Kabraxis at level 124 with
Sabertooth

Sabertooth
One-Handed Axes

'SurGul'
Runeword Level: 75
80% Attack Speed
(9 to 17)% Life stolen per Hit
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+150 to Strength
Weapon Physical Damage +1.21875% (Based on Character Level)
Regenerate Mana +15%
with four 15 attack speed jewels in. rest was tu and honorific items. just hit and run when lifes goes down by 40% in JD or when green fire beam comes from Kabraxis
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
FreddyBaby wrote:What about stats? Im level 126 with my druid bear, and hit 3000 strength with gear and charms. Shall I keep pumping all points in strength or vitality for more health and attack rating form primal dominance skill?

I did Judgement day and Kabraxis at level 124 with
Sabertooth

Sabertooth
One-Handed Axes

'SurGul'
Runeword Level: 75
80% Attack Speed
(9 to 17)% Life stolen per Hit
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+150 to Strength
Weapon Physical Damage +1.21875% (Based on Character Level)
Regenerate Mana +15%
with four 15 attack speed jewels in. rest was tu and honorific items. just hit and run when lifes goes down by 40% in JD or when green fire beam comes from Kabraxis

Even though with 2.0 Druid health scaling per Vit is no longer worst in the game (he's inline with Ama, ASin & Sorc now), I still think it's not worth it. You don't really need more healh compare to dmg in most situation, unless you wanna farm both normal content and purify bosses without respeccing I guess.