Psionic Mind Ripple Assassin Guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Bungo
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Perfect Agony? What is it? You meant Perfect Being?
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
Guide says there are no mana problems but early on, around level 30, I am having a lot of issues sustaining mana with mind ripple.

I have all the recommended gear at T2. Should I throw some Mana Regen on my rings? Socket sapphires in my claws? I assume that is the way to go early on.
Dontinquire
Cultist
20 | 11
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Hey Waffle,
I put this all over the guide but I did not level this way. I leveled with like 10 different respec attempts up to level 50. If you are having mana issues, throw on mana regen wherever you can find it. Make sure you have 3 points in the meditation as well. Use shuriken flurry for single target DPS. Even at lower levels, shuriken flurry can still get work done.

@Bungo, guide updated. Perfect being*. Perfect agony is a keystone in Path of Exile. Whoops.
Meaux
Skeleton
3 | 1
Dontinquire wrote:Hey Waffle,
I put this all over the guide but I did not level this way. I leveled with like 10 different respec attempts up to level 50. If you are having mana issues, throw on mana regen wherever you can find it. Make sure you have 3 points in the meditation as well. Use shuriken flurry for single target DPS. Even at lower levels, shuriken flurry can still get work done.

@Bungo, guide updated. Perfect being*. Perfect agony is a keystone in Path of Exile. Whoops.

For what it's worth, yes there are mana issues with the recommended gear, and yes mana regen from mystic orbs and perfect turquoises got me through (and still are at 100). Yes I'm having a lot of fun with this unique build, and yes I was enjoying the perfect agony reference while it lasted.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Waffle1209 wrote:Guide says there are no mana problems but early on, around level 30, I am having a lot of issues sustaining mana with mind ripple.

I have all the recommended gear at T2. Should I throw some Mana Regen on my rings? Socket sapphires in my claws? I assume that is the way to go early on.

I'm playing this build as well, but I find the damage very underwhelming at early lvl 20. I wonder how I'm ever going to pull through efficiently, because I couldn't kill any boss by myself so far. I got all the gear the guide recommends.

I try to use mind ripple mainly, but maybe I'm playing this build wrong, which may well be the case, I'm not used to playing assassin, so, any tips on early gameplay?
Dontinquire
Cultist
20 | 11
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Use shuriken toss for bosses. Even at lower levels it does really good damage when spammed. Also having a lower level skill means lower mana cost. My leveling is typically underwhelming at level 20. Even fully twinked I struggle in that range. Like I said, leveling was kind of a slog. It picks up at end-game. This is one of the reasons I didn't post any videos of the early zones or leveling. My build is not going to accurately demonstrate that experience because I just one shot everything.
afgusto
Prowler
17 | 1
Hey, really intrigued by the build!

However, the early game really does suck hard. I am currently leveling fully twinked (max lvl TUs etc.) and after reaching clvl75 I tried putting on Choronzons and boy they do not work at all lol. The dex requirement is way too crippling early on, so I guess it is better to stick with T4 Zeniths with Sapphires + 2 Tal runes, otherwise mana is just simply not sustainable enough.

Unless Dontinquire has a secret up his sleeve that I don't know haha
Dontinquire
Cultist
20 | 11
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I edited the guide to reflect this advice. You only need a T2 base for chronzon. Keep the stat requirements low. Also, my experience leveling was pretty terrible. Mostly because I kept switching spec back and forth. I said it in the guide, I really don't know how smooth it will level. If you find yourself struggling (at least pre-50) try more points into shuriken flurry for a time and see if it works better.
nakieon
Destroyer
6 | 1
I leveled this build to lvl 120 and I can safely say it does not level terrible. It uses a LOT of potions and I died a lot early on but it was a complete breeze compared to builds that are dead on arrival. Use Shruiken Flurry for bosses/rares, Mind Ripple for AOE on the go.
Antarus
Cultist
22 | 0
Whats your MF man?