Psionic Mind Ripple Assassin Guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Dontinquire
Cultist
20 | 11
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
To reach the cast speed breakpoint I MO'd cast speed 3 times. Now I could have done spell focus but I'm already capped on that from other pieces, so it wasn't necessary. In addition (this could be improved) I just socketed 3 vex runes. In an ideal world, I'd have a variety of jewels that have cast speed/spell damage/spell focus mods. The QoL from mind rake is fairly large because of the regen and LaeK. The spell damage and +skills would be difficult to find on another weapon.
mhienbr
Skeleton
2 | 0
Dontinquire wrote:To reach the cast speed breakpoint I MO'd cast speed 3 times. Now I could have done spell focus but I'm already capped on that from other pieces, so it wasn't necessary. In addition (this could be improved) I just socketed 3 vex runes. In an ideal world, I'd have a variety of jewels that have cast speed/spell damage/spell focus mods. The QoL from mind rake is fairly large because of the regen and LaeK. The spell damage and +skills would be difficult to find on another weapon.

thank you.
Ecstasy
Imp
4 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Why pick beacon for ultimate? It reads as a trap sin skill with synergy from subterfuge
Dontinquire
Cultist
20 | 11
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Because the movespeed gives far more damage and utility in boss fights than doom. Being able to get in 1 extra cast, dodge the incoming attacks, etc. is vastly more important than just maximum 'do damage'. Kind of like why we max perfect being instead of going for 125 cognition.
Antarus
Cultist
22 | 0
Hey man, what u think about Psyonic storm? its actually or not? i read this build but he very old viewtopic.php?t=58183
blackdance66
Prowler
16 | 0
Haahh . u indeed the one,
Dontinquire
Cultist
20 | 11
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I don't like the way psionic storm feels to play. Less AoE, DoT instead of instant damage. Smaller radius. Annoyingly drains your mama pool constantly. I hate having to spam mana pots.
Edited by Dontinquire 2 years.
Antarus
Cultist
22 | 0
Oh,yeah, i understand... thanks for answer.
Gamdol
Cultist
21 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Personally a bigger fan of psionic storm, the damage scales insanely, but it does eat mana. I never chug mana pots, the skill fires with the mana cost if you're just spamming, it only fails to heal you if it can't consume 10% max mana and I have enough regen to refill ~21k mana in 10-15 seconds of no casting. Casters preference for sure though.

Have you tried the build in Scosglen? I find the biggest issue with magic damage builds seems to be that the magic resistant mobs of most areas are unwarrantedly tanky due to the lack of magic pen available in the game. Dealing with heavily fire resistant mobs is straightforward for fire builds, just build 150+ fire pen and you can still melt them, the same option doesn't really exist for magic builds. I find the big trees in Scosglen near impossibly tanky for magic damage, to the point where I would just ignore them because it's not worth the time investment. Do you encounter similar issues?
Dontinquire
Cultist
20 | 11
Common Guide Badge
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I uploaded a video of scosglen. I've since geared up and gotten faster, I can now kill the big guys. The damage is less than other top tier end-game builds but mind ripple feels much more satisfying to play (to me) than anything else.