Incarnation Paladin (Holy Caster) SSF-viable

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
fuppy wrote:Okay, so the patch notes are out.

We survived with what I consider is a slap on the wrist. AoE was nerfed, but that was overkill with our breakpoints. I've talked with Thraxis, who tried holy caster in 2.1 beta and we came up with an updated skillplan: move points from summons into dragon's breath and fully utilise the debuff to keep our pierce capped or at least near to.

It seems to me that the real nerf is in the longer cooldown to Annihilation, and the nerf to Fire Hydra annihilation cooldown reduction as well. I can't imagine the overall DPS being nearly as high in 2.1. With the life per lvl being reduced for pala, HCP seems like it's going from a glass cannon to something even less tanky (lower hp) and with lower dmg/pierce/aoe. Might be worth speccing
Ignis Demonia
Ignis Demonia
Crown Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (4319 - 5070) to (5198 - 6102)
Chance to Block: 2%
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 105
6% Chance to cast level 40 Annihilation on Death Blow
+(2 to 3) to Paladin Skill Levels
+(30 to 40)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(130 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(5 to 15)% to Energy
Maximum Mana +(5 to 15)%
Requirements +75%
Socketed (4)
just to get more fiery boys out there at a time. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Crosby4HyG wrote:
fuppy wrote:Okay, so the patch notes are out.

We survived with what I consider is a slap on the wrist. AoE was nerfed, but that was overkill with our breakpoints. I've talked with Thraxis, who tried holy caster in 2.1 beta and we came up with an updated skillplan: move points from summons into dragon's breath and fully utilise the debuff to keep our pierce capped or at least near to.

It seems to me that the real nerf is in the longer cooldown to Annihilation, and the nerf to Fire Hydra annihilation cooldown reduction as well. I can't imagine the overall DPS being nearly as high in 2.1. With the life per lvl being reduced for pala, HCP seems like it's going from a glass cannon to something even less tanky (lower hp) and with lower dmg/pierce/aoe. Might be worth speccing
Ignis Demonia
Ignis Demonia
Crown Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (4319 - 5070) to (5198 - 6102)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 105
6% Chance to cast level 40 Annihilation on Death Blow
+(2 to 3) to Paladin Skill Levels
+(30 to 40)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(130 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(5 to 15)% to Energy
Maximum Mana +(5 to 15)%
Requirements +75%
Socketed (4)
just to get more fiery boys out there at a time. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't think the dex req is something we want to get dex for. It's a lot of points just to equip the shield, especially early on.

The actual DPS is the same, just you have to be more wary of hydra uptime, since the window to resummon them is that much smaller. We will still do all the ubers on cheap gear, the same way as before, which is the real purpose of this build anyways.
proletariat
Abomination
155 | 0
What is your ideal white shield / jewels for the endgame RW shield? I've only had 4-socket pally shields drop - do they go up to 6?

I'm level 126 with this build and still wearing the set and can clear out all 125 ubers on the first try...first season I can so early - thanks for this guide!
blyts
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
proletariat wrote:What is your ideal white shield / jewels for the endgame RW shield? I've only had 4-socket pally shields drop - do they go up to 6?

I'm level 126 with this build and still wearing the set and can clear out all 125 ubers on the first try...first season I can so early - thanks for this guide!

Goes up to 4 sockets. Best is Aerin shield (str req). Crown shield if you have enough dex.

Crown Shield
Sacred
Defense: 1878 to 2260
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 30
Required Dexterity: 447
Quality Level: 93
Socketed (4)

Aerin Shield
Sacred
Defense: 1807 to 2119
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 500
Quality Level: 90
Socketed (4)
proletariat
Abomination
155 | 0
blyts wrote:
proletariat wrote:What is your ideal white shield / jewels for the endgame RW shield? I've only had 4-socket pally shields drop - do they go up to 6?

Goes up to 4 sockets. Best is Aerin shield (str req). Crown shield if you have enough dex.

cool ty for the info!
doba7a
Pit Knight
106 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey, fuppy, thanks for the guide. Its great. I have one question tho - how do you plan on getting to 630 PMSD. Even with pretty much maxed gear it seems almost impossible to me. Do I miss something?
whitewolf
Sasquatch
65 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Bossing capability still the same, but the farming spec got nerfed so hard. AOE hydra now so small even with end game gear. And nolongger free -160 pierce at the end of normal, not to mention long ger hydra colddown make reposittion much harder Overall farming speed is down to 1/2 compare to 2.0. Still ok build but no longer in top tier. Not a minor nerf at all.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
doba7a wrote:Hey, fuppy, thanks for the guide. Its great. I have one question tho - how do you plan on getting to 630 PMSD. Even with pretty much maxed gear it seems almost impossible to me. Do I miss something?

It's definitely possible, just as it was in 2.0. Just need to MO everything and craft 4pmsd jewels to fill some sockets (not all, ptopazes still pretty good), together with Bloodlust from Shamanka.

whitewolf wrote:Bossing capability still the same, but the farming spec got nerfed so hard. AOE hydra now so small even with end game gear. And nolongger free -160 pierce at the end of normal, not to mention long ger hydra colddown make reposittion much harder Overall farming speed is down to 1/2 compare to 2.0. Still ok build but no longer in top tier. Not a minor nerf at all.

This was never a top tier farmer, even less so with the nerf. The good bossing capabilities is what the highlight of this build is.
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Loving Fuppy's guides, clear and concise.

Any endgame min-maxing tips regarding umos and relics to push further? These Scosglen crates helping a lot with rare items in an SSF journey.
End1Ga
Cultist
22 | 0
Thx for the build. It this guide still actual?

coz guide says "PMSD until the 100PMSD Combustion-breakpoint for an extra hydra projectile"
but in game skill says that u need 500 for extra proj