Incarnation Paladin (Holy Caster) SSF-viable

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
skrig
Balrog
128 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Could use QT trophy, 20 AR/bloodlust ele/MDR, useful for lab, even more so when doubled w/ awakening. But there are choices. Yshari is pure damage :shock:
Edited by skrig 2 years.
sujan2016
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Or Xaxaz trophy for 40% MF
hugh4nthide
Jungle Hunter
27 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I've farmed triune trophy for my sleep. Still need the 1/1/1/1 sleep Charm though.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I've done labs up to 5 on this character wearing just the Dragon set and 2-piece Yaerius +
Black Masquerade
Black Masquerade
Bone Helm (Sacred)

Defense: (2420 - 2904) to (2622 - 3147)
Required Level: 80
Item Level: 120
+100 Spell Focus
+100% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+200 Life Regenerated per Second
Physical Resist (0 to 10)%
Requirements -100%
Socketed (4)
. I only just got a level 6 riftstone to drop, not tried lvl 6 yet.

To find
Fire Hydra
is it best to keep on with labs or is there a better place to farm it?
I cleared Scos but it was frantic stuff and the drops were not great and the xp was rubbish. Maybe one run isn't enough to tell.
Tesseract
Invader
9 | 0
Are mobs in labs vulnerable to Dragon's breath? Being "immune to curses", they shouldn't be probably but it doesn't leave me how its stats are tailormade for lab bosses (160% on hydra + 40% on the maxed curse).
Have no idea how to kill Phoboss btw. He just stomps and kills me with heavy cold damage I can't outheal, not even with overcapped max res.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Tesseract wrote:Are mobs in labs vulnerable to Dragon's breath? Being "immune to curses", they shouldn't be probably but it doesn't leave me how its stats are tailormade for lab bosses (160% on hydra + 40% on the maxed curse).
Have no idea how to kill Phoboss btw. He just stomps and kills me with heavy cold damage I can't outheal, not even with overcapped max res.

Not sure there's any point to maxing the curse - isn't the maximum pierce effectiveness -170%?

On that basis maxed hydra + 1 point in Dragon's breath + the IotSS charm would be all you can use.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I'm confused about combustion, it doesn't look like it works; skill desc says 3 fireballs and 4.6yd aoe normally, 4 fireballs 6yd aoe with solar flare, but I see no difference whatsoever. The hydras always seem to fire 2 fireballs per shot, and the aoe doesn't appear to have increased from the initial 3yds(w/o points in combustion), at least visually. Is it bugged or not? Cause I don't know at this point.
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Frytas wrote:I'm confused about combustion, it doesn't look like it works; skill desc says 3 fireballs and 4.6yd aoe normally, 4 fireballs 6yd aoe with solar flare, but I see no difference whatsoever. The hydras always seem to fire 2 fireballs per shot, and the aoe doesn't appear to have increased from the initial 3yds(w/o points in combustion), at least visually. Is it bugged or not? Cause I don't know at this point.

I agree that it doesn't seem to have any visual affect but it does make a huge difference. I use a variation of this build in high labs and when specced for 550+PMSD it slaps.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Frytas wrote:I'm confused about combustion, it doesn't look like it works; skill desc says 3 fireballs and 4.6yd aoe normally, 4 fireballs 6yd aoe with solar flare, but I see no difference whatsoever. The hydras always seem to fire 2 fireballs per shot, and the aoe doesn't appear to have increased from the initial 3yds(w/o points in combustion), at least visually. Is it bugged or not? Cause I don't know at this point.

You should definitely notice the extra AoE. The projectiles are overlapped, so those are harder to spot, but if you drop your PMSD and time your Shenk kills for example, you should see the difference.

Captcha wrote:
Tesseract wrote:Are mobs in labs vulnerable to Dragon's breath? Being "immune to curses", they shouldn't be probably but it doesn't leave me how its stats are tailormade for lab bosses (160% on hydra + 40% on the maxed curse).

Not sure there's any point to maxing the curse - isn't the maximum pierce effectiveness -170%?

On that basis maxed hydra + 1 point in Dragon's breath + the IotSS charm would be all you can use.

IotSS charm pierce doesn't apply to Annihilation. Dragon's breath works in labs, because it's actually a debuff, despite being labeled as a curse.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Okay, so the patch notes are out.

We survived with what I consider is a slap on the wrist. AoE was nerfed, but that was overkill with our breakpoints. I've talked with Thraxis, who tried holy caster in 2.1 beta and we came up with an updated skillplan: move points from summons into dragon's breath and fully utilise the debuff to keep our pierce capped or at least near to.