Poison Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Quick Links
Walkthrough - Breakpoints - Pierce - SF & ISPD - Poison Spell Damage, Poison Skill Duration & Pierce - Crafting - Stat Points - Early Game - Mid Game - End Game - Mercenary

Walkthrough
► Show Spoiler

Pro Tip!

* Make sure you farm Hell Torajan Jungles for your 400 Signets of Learning!
* When Mystic Orb'ing gear, beware of level increasements. Each Mystic Orb adds 4 Levels to an item per use. And can only be used 5 times each orb.
* Make sure you finish Anya Quests Normal - Hell for the free 30% Elemental Resist on your Sunstone.

Spell Focus & Increased Spell Damage
* The New ISPD Formula is : ISPD = (Spell Focus Bonus + Energy Bonus) "100% is max for Spell Focus"
130*(energy + 20)/500 + energy + Spell Focus/10 = ISPD %
* The New Spell Focus Bonus formula is: % Damage bonus = Spell Focus / 10 capping at 100%.
- Every 10 points of Spell Focus will increase your total spell damage by 1%
- The more Spell Focus you have (capping at 100%), the less Energy you need to reach Higher increased Spell Damage %
* The New Energy Bonus formula is: 130*(Energy + 20)/500+Energy
* You ideally want to aim for around 2000 Energy and 1000 Spell Focus to gain near maximum damage
► Show Spoiler

Poison Skill Duration , Spell Damage, and Pierce
► Show Spoiler

Crafting
► Show Spoiler

Early Game: (Level 1-105)(Tiered Unique's)
level 1-105 = 113 points
► Show Spoiler

Mid Game: (Level 105-145)(Crafted Gear / Sets)
level 105-145 = 156 points
► Show Spoiler

End Game : (Level 145-150)(Sacred Uniques / Runewords)
level 145 - 150 = 161 points
► Show Spoiler

Bossing Skill Tree : (Max Potential)
► Show Spoiler

BloodMage Mercenary (Early-Mid Game)

► Show Spoiler

Charms

► More Info

I want to Thank the Staff of Median XL for this Amazing Mod!
Marco - Suchbalance - Whist - Ben - Aahz - Quirinus - GregMXL - Rishab - Gavin_K88 - Brother Laz
Honorable Mention
@BrecMadak
This Guide is Credited by (100%)
@DatDudeJay

https://forum.median-xl.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16412
Edited by Dru 2 months.
dxbydt
Rust Claw
85 | 0
So how do you feel poison stacks up to ice? Pros/Cons?
dxbydt
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Doesn't bloodlust specifically exclude poison damage? So wouldn't having Circe as your swap weapon be kinda pointless?
kurs_x5
Cultist
23 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Pros and cons of this sorc?

What about poison sorc vs cold sorc? which is better?
byoon
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Good guide. I really enjoyed poison until I fully switched to Cold. I feel like you're gonna get asked the comparison question a lot (as the first reply is proof of) so here are my thoughts as someone who played it a lot in endgame for 2.0:

I think poison is second behind lightning for efficient leveling/clearing. Once you get the set / midgame gear, it's insanely powerful, just like lightning is with set. I would always choose light for efficient fauzt farming/MFing to 140 but poison is not that much worse and can feel more "relaxing" to play. Poison also shines on certain uber fights like Astrogha.

Where I think poison is really good is as a budget Scosglen farmer. Lightning struggles hard with just set, especially because the trees/etherborns move around a lot for thunderstone to be effective. Cold can be costly to get going. Poison with just mid game gear can go in there and clear it fine, though you have to play intelligently against the harder tree/etherborn packs. It also might be a little stressful because you are doing a lot of hit and running. Living Flame / Firedance helps a lot for the bigger mobs, I highly prefer running that for Scos. Don't get me wrong, you won't faceroll it but it can get the job done without really dying which is surprising for such low defenses. I did this until 142 when I could afford a cold switch.

I can't comment definitively on how it would be in full endgame gear but I imagine Scosglen would be pretty faceroll with it. Your ST damage should be noticeably worse than cold though but clear should feel nicer.

If I were starting 2.0 over, I'd personally level as light until late 130s, switch to poison for certain ubers and early Scos, then end up as cold for faster Scos / lab.
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dxbydt wrote:So how do you feel poison stacks up to ice? Pros/Cons?

- Thanks for reminding me. need to make a Pro's and Con's image. I'll create that as soon as I hit level 100-120 (currently level 65, won't take long). I need to reach mid game gear to have a little bit more of an opinion.

dxbydt wrote:Doesn't bloodlust specifically exclude poison damage? So wouldn't having Circe as your swap weapon be kinda pointless?

- damn you are right. thats new with 2.0 I believe. definitely gonna swap that out for something that can be more beneficial for the build.

kurs_x5 wrote:Pros and cons of this sorc?

What about poison sorc vs cold sorc? which is better?

- so far imo, poison feels so much more smooth to play. it feels pleasant compared to having to be limited ranged.

byoon wrote:Good guide. I really enjoyed poison until I fully switched to Cold. I feel like you're gonna get asked the comparison question a lot (as the first reply is proof of) so here are my thoughts as someone who played it a lot in endgame for 2.0:

I think poison is second behind lightning for efficient leveling/clearing. Once you get the set / midgame gear, it's insanely powerful, just like lightning is with set. I would always choose light for efficient fauzt farming/MFing to 140 but poison is not that much worse and can feel more "relaxing" to play. Poison also shines on certain uber fights like Astrogha.

Where I think poison is really good is as a budget Scosglen farmer. Lightning struggles hard with just set, especially because the trees/etherborns move around a lot for thunderstone to be effective. Cold can be costly to get going. Poison with just mid game gear can go in there and clear it fine, though you have to play intelligently against the harder tree/etherborn packs. It also might be a little stressful because you are doing a lot of hit and running. Living Flame / Firedance helps a lot for the bigger mobs, I highly prefer running that for Scos. Don't get me wrong, you won't faceroll it but it can get the job done without really dying which is surprising for such low defenses. I did this until 142 when I could afford a cold switch.

I can't comment definitively on how it would be in full endgame gear but I imagine Scosglen would be pretty faceroll with it. Your ST damage should be noticeably worse than cold though but clear should feel nicer.

If I were starting 2.0 over, I'd personally level as light until late 130s, switch to poison for certain ubers and early Scos, then end up as cold for faster Scos / lab.

- good point. for Scosglen there should be a seperate tree or something. Living Flame would help out a lot for Scosglen. From what I can tell lightning had a rough time starting off compared to cold. might just be better to even start off as cold and transition into your desired build.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
byoon wrote:If I were starting 2.0 over, I'd personally level as light until late 130s, switch to poison for certain ubers and early Scos, then end up as cold for faster Scos / lab.

Yes I found poison really difficult early on - trying to aoe with 1 Lorenado isn't fun. I just picked it up again and trying the various specs while under lvl 50.

The Lightning guide suggests using forked lightning as main aoe skill, but there seems to be a good support skill for Tempest, which do you prefer?
What spec do you use for levelling and for end game as Lightning?
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Dru wrote:- good point. for Scosglen there should be a seperate tree or something. Living Flame would help out a lot for Scosglen. From what I can tell lightning had a rough time starting off compared to cold. might just be better to even start off as cold and transition into your desired build.

Yes - and that's the problem - my desired build is whatever works and with lvl 50 being the cap for changing specs I can't really tell.

I found cold easy to start - in fact the only start that worked at all (I didn't try fire yet). Even lightning was either underpowered (too few skill points) or mana-starved (too many).

(When I say "start" I mean the first few levels, up to 20 or so).
Edited by Captcha 2 years.
dfnk8
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Wtf? -elemental resist don't give poison pirce.
intex
Abomination
148 | 1
I just started a poison sorc last night before this guide was published. I tried a bunch of stuff in normal before level 50 but liked lightning the best for early leveling. I plan to swap into poison as soon as i get the set in hell, i have most of the pieces waiting already. The main reason i want to make this character is because i want to see how good it is at boss killing. i want to see how fast and easy i can clear uldy / ascended riftwalker / astrogha / the void with just the mid game set gear. if it seems really strong i may make it as a charm farmer early next season. I feel like for leveling to 140 and farming fauzt, lightning will probably be better. however, this build is super super cheap to get going early season, like one of the cheapest ever. and it should still be very viable all the way to 140 with just the set gear, so it can be great for new players. like i said i am mostly just interested in the boss farming potential though.