Poison Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
danigent
Invader
8 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
im a bit confused on what to put on socks, if i put crafted jewel i got like 150k dmg in 4 secs with 7lorenados, if i put shaels dmg goes up to 190k in 5,2 secs with 9 lorenados? whats the best option?
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
danigent wrote:im a bit confused on what to put on socks, if i put crafted jewel i got like 150k dmg in 4 secs with 7lorenados, if i put shaels dmg goes up to 190k in 5,2 secs with 9 lorenados? whats the best option?

:O nice damage. it depends what you are doing really. if you are in scosglen you might need some max resist pgems to survive a lil bit better. other than that 190k in 5.2 seconds with 9 Lorenados sounds amazing :)
poonhunter
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello i have most of the late game gear you recommend however my damage is still really low for some reason i have 89k lorenado over 4.5 seconds
Cah23
Grubber
321 | 2
Confused on sockets as well for endgame gear. I’m at 206 pierce in complete end game gear with no poison runes. Res is capped. I have 12 sockets to spare. Why shael over 4% poison spell dmg, 2% to energy jewel craft? Does bonus to poison skill duration out-damage poison jewel craft?
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dru wrote:
Cah23 wrote:Am I missing something with Arachnomancy? I seem to kill bosses faster with lorendo. Both maxed out.

- i agree. Lorenado kills the bosses quicker in most situations. but once you get the pierce for Arachnomancy it definitely helps alot for specific bossing such as; Astrogha.

Muilpeer wrote:I like how this build plays, sadly been looking for Monad for two weeks now, I have farmed four sets minus the Monad staff. Can it be K3K is a worse place to farm for the staff? Do I have a better chance of farming it elsewhere? I have a neutraldin that can farm the living sh*t out of Dunc and K3K, it just doesn't seem to want to drop.

i got like 2 from dunc and like 1 other from k3k. they definitely do drop. whats your MF sitting at?

Well I'm farming with my handicapped neutraldin. It has a little over 250 mf. I managed to trade for a staff that has +8 skills so I can use the set for now. Still need the recommended wyrd set belt, have the boots and ammy with pretty solid stats. I can manage most areas with this setup for my level but I do find the dmg still a bit underwhelming and I notice that the boss killer skill sometimes doesn't want to target enemies and lorenado seems to do more dmg sometimes even though its damage output is way lower. With the items I have now I'm looking at 50% pierce only, but still haven't found poison pierce rings, they seem to drop way less often. Dropped a sigil of tul dulra with -1 enemy poison res, yeah as if that's going to help hahaha!
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:
Dru wrote:
Cah23 wrote:Am I missing something with Arachnomancy? I seem to kill bosses faster with lorendo. Both maxed out.

- i agree. Lorenado kills the bosses quicker in most situations. but once you get the pierce for Arachnomancy it definitely helps alot for specific bossing such as; Astrogha.

Muilpeer wrote:I like how this build plays, sadly been looking for Monad for two weeks now, I have farmed four sets minus the Monad staff. Can it be K3K is a worse place to farm for the staff? Do I have a better chance of farming it elsewhere? I have a neutraldin that can farm the living sh*t out of Dunc and K3K, it just doesn't seem to want to drop.

i got like 2 from dunc and like 1 other from k3k. they definitely do drop. whats your MF sitting at?

Well I'm farming with my handicapped neutraldin. It has a little over 250 mf. I managed to trade for a staff that has +8 skills so I can use the set for now. Still need the recommended wyrd set belt, have the boots and ammy with pretty solid stats. I can manage most areas with this setup for my level but I do find the dmg still a bit underwhelming and I notice that the boss killer skill sometimes doesn't want to target enemies and lorenado seems to do more dmg sometimes even though its damage output is way lower. With the items I have now I'm looking at 50% pierce only, but still haven't found poison pierce rings, they seem to drop way less often. Dropped a sigil of tul dulra with -1 enemy poison res, yeah as if that's going to help hahaha!

Ya u need that belt asap xd

Definitely know what you mean . arachnomancy doesnt scale good til you get reccomended pierce. Thats when it kinda outshines a bit. But still lorenado is still a viable option to kill bosses. Also i did mention in cons section it has lack of pierce . you literally have to farm poison runes and get the full set for mid game. For an alternative temp you can craft a shimmering belt for more pierce until you get the last set piece.
Cah23
Grubber
321 | 2
So what’s the ideal optimal pierce, duration and spell dmg? I’m seeing 175/210/300 being referenced. Is there any reason to go beyond 210% poison duration? Why not max out lorendo upgrade and hit 240% or 360% for more lorendos? Also, any reason to go above 300% spell dmg? Or does spell dmg cap at 300 like energy does at 2k and spell factor at 1k?
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Cah23 wrote:So what’s the ideal optimal pierce, duration and spell dmg? I’m seeing 175/210/300 being referenced. Is there any reason to go beyond 210% poison duration? Why not max out lorendo upgrade and hit 240% or 360% for more lorendos? Also, any reason to go above 300% spell dmg? Or does spell dmg cap at 300 like energy does at 2k and spell factor at 1k?

ideal is 175/210/300+ you can most definitely push further beyond if you are able to keep your sustained life when clearing.
let me rephrase what i said since we got people who dont understand it properly.

adding spell damage is uncapped so you can add as much as possible. however energy and spell focus gives you 200 ISPD % , so once you cap out on Energy and Spell Focus the next source of damage is Spell Damage %.
Edited by Dru 2 years.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
bro please, spell focus and energy is synergy, not spell damage, its a seperate multiplier to spell damage, its not spell damage.

How have you written 2 sorc guides but still dont understand synergy bonus
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Helzopro wrote:bro please, spell focus and energy is synergy, not spell damage, its a seperate multiplier to spell damage, its not spell damage.

How have you written 2 sorc guides but still dont understand synergy bonus

i get what you mean but u might be confusing what i said im not saying they are a multiplier to spell damage ( thats what you are saying) ... thats dumb

i went ahead and edited my previous post to help you understand it better.