Poison Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Amuse
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hey Dru, love your guides!

I respec'd my cold sorc to poison for a bit the other day to farm astrogha. I tried out farming Scos with it too and it actually felt pretty good.

I used
Helgrotha

Helgrotha
Sorceress Orbs

'VenVenIth'
Runeword Level: 100
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
50% Cast Speed
+15% to Poison Spell Damage
-60% to Enemy Poison Resistance
25% to Energy
Maximum Life +7%
Venefica
Venefica
Sorceress Body Armors

'GhalShael'
+(4 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(120 to 130)% Bonus to Poison Skill Duration
+15 Spell Focus
0.5% to Poison Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
-15% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Attacker Flees after Striking (21 to 25)%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -20%
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Amulet

Required Level: 90
Item Level: 123
2% Chance to cast level 33 Punisher Bolt on Striking
+(0 to 2) to All Skills
+(11 to 30)% to Poison Spell Damage
-(6 to 15)% to Enemy Poison Resistance

Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)
Indigo
Indigo
Circlets

'UnTaha'
Runeword Level: 110
+2 to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
-500 Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(13 to 15)%
Requirements -100%
Dementia
Dementia
Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3111 - 3348) to (3272 - 3524)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
-(15 to 20)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(15 to 25) to Fowl Fight
Slow Target 5%
+(120 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+500 Defense
Maximum Life +2%
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Physical Resist 5%
Requirements +20%
Socketed (2)
Vaetia's Wall
Vaetia's Wall
Tower Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (4603 - 5157) to (5543 - 6210)
Chance to Block: -1% + Class%
(Sorceress Only)
Required Strength:
Required Dexterity: 471
Item Level: 105
-1% Base Block Chance
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(4 to 8) to Vengeful Power (Sorceress Only)
+(4 to 8) to Warp Armor (Sorceress Only)
+(4 to 8) to Snow Queen (Sorceress Only)
+(4 to 8) to Living Flame (Sorceress Only)
+(141 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Mana +(11 to 25)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 1)%
Requirements -20%
Socketed (4)
Memory

Memory
Gloves

'IgnVenFulGla'
+1 to All Skills
+(40 to 50) Spell Focus
10% Cast Speed
+(8 to 10)% to Spell Damage
-11% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+150 Life Regenerated per Second

One rare ring with +1sk, poison spell dmg, -poison res. One
Sigil of Tur Dulra
Sigil of Tur Dulra
Ring

Item Level: 105
+(1 to 2) to Druid Skill Levels
+(15 to 20)% Bonus to Poison Skill Duration
20% Cast Speed
-(1 to 10)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Elemental Resists +(20 to 25)%
. and some Shimmering crafted boots.

So pretty similar gear overall.
Helgrotha

Helgrotha
Sorceress Orbs

'VenVenIth'
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
50% Cast Speed
+15% to Poison Spell Damage
-60% to Enemy Poison Resistance
25% to Energy
Maximum Life +7%
seemed really good for killing Astrogha, but Gravetalon's probably way better for farming Scos. My tree was similar too but I didnt have as many points in Raven, but definitely should have. I think I was around 170% poison pen or so when it was all said and done. Overall it actually felt pretty good in Scos. The damage was a bit less on the trash mobs (a lot of the trash mobs have poison absorb which makes them a pain), but farming the trees and elementals was very easy dropping arachnomancy on them. I was almost tempted to stay poison over cold - which i may have to try again with your suggestions.
cthomlison
Destroyer
7 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Is fire just nonexistent? I see a ton of responses comparing poison to cold. Where is fire? :(
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cthomlison wrote:Is fire just nonexistent? I see a ton of responses comparing poison to cold. Where is fire? :(

you asking for guide?
cthomlison
Destroyer
7 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Dru wrote:
cthomlison wrote:Is fire just nonexistent? I see a ton of responses comparing poison to cold. Where is fire? :(

you asking for guide?

Nah probably not needed, the old fire witch guide is still pretty relevant. Mostly just curious how it compares in 2.0
Azenoth
Cultist
21 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Has any sorcs killed sam yet? I'm a poison sorc with a similar build and it takes me around 10 min to kill sam. I'm missing 10 pierce and have a few suboptimal pieces, so I feel like it could be done in about 6-7 min with a near perfect build but the single target damage feels lacking to other classes I've played. Also, has anyone found a build that can clear labs 8+ comfortably? Whenever I make 1 mistake in a high lab I die but if I go for a tanky build my clear speed is too slow.
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
Azenoth wrote:Has any sorcs killed sam yet? I'm a poison sorc with a similar build and it takes me around 10 min to kill sam. I'm missing 10 pierce and have a few suboptimal pieces, so I feel like it could be done in about 6-7 min with a near perfect build but the single target damage feels lacking to other classes I've played. Also, has anyone found a build that can clear labs 8+ comfortably? Whenever I make 1 mistake in a high lab I die but if I go for a tanky build my clear speed is too slow.

any link to your armory/spec?

----

and for scosglen- so youre using living flame+flamedance instead of warp armor, or you cut vengeful power?
Dru
Grubber
338 | 23
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cthomlison wrote:
Dru wrote:

you asking for guide?

Nah probably not needed, the old fire witch guide is still pretty relevant. Mostly just curious how it compares in 2.0

imo poison better than fire early on. for rifting fire might outshine. not sure yet. from what i can tell right now though. comparing the two Fire Sorc shoots flamefront which doesnt pass through enemies. Poison Sorc Lorenado passes through enemies and drains hp pretty quick. so imagine having to cast Flamefront 3-4 times before u kill a pack when you aren't highly specc'd compared to shooting like 2-3 Lorenados through a pack and have this continuous momentum when clearing.
Reeses
Stone Warrior
31 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great guide! Love the math you put into this. I have my Poison Sorc at 125 atm I believe (Started strictly Poison and agree with others. Start Lightning and switch when you get set or at least all the Tiered Unqiues)

Funny enough I was working on this build to make a guide! Guess I don't need to anymore.

I'd also recommend looking at this fellas character as this guy seems to REALLY be pushing Poison Sorc!

https://median-xl.com/char/waxclouds
loreth2021
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
Reeses wrote:Great guide! Love the math you put into this. I have my Poison Sorc at 125 atm I believe (Started strictly Poison and agree with others. Start Lightning and switch when you get set or at least all the Tiered Unqiues)

Funny enough I was working on this build to make a guide! Guess I don't need to anymore.

I'd also recommend looking at this fellas character as this guy seems to REALLY be pushing Poison Sorc!

https://median-xl.com/char/waxclouds

why no specialization? not sure if living flame 25/25 is needed in sc (and if venegul power 25/25 > 30/30 lorenado+arach)
BrecMadak
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Oh my! I don't think I did anything worthy to be mentioned honourable. I want to express my sincere appreciation to dear Dru since he kindly and immediately offered to create this guide without a second thought when I was looking around remedilessly for a viable guide.

The explanations are concise and to the point. I quite enjoyed it, galloons of thanks!