SSF Xbow Necromancer Miniguide (WIP)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Tyndall
Jungle Hunter
25 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
SSF Xbow Necromancer MXL v2.0

2.4.0 Update:

This build is a lot different now and I haven't had the chance to mess around with it, some of the gearing and stuff might work since a lot of this was phys based anyway, but overall I don't see this build being amazing without a lot of changes, plus I have no idea how people are doing early game yet. I might try to do another SSF run with it soon, but for now this guide is pretty much outdated.

Also with the tantrum nerf I'm unsure how great it is anymore for life leech, will have to test it.

[size=18]2.1.1 Quick Update: This time through I'm using Steel Golem chestpiece for str and Stillwater helm for mana. Make sure you put 6 amy into your weapon because hitting stuff still sucks. I leveled up to 45ish farming meph as totemancer and then swapped into t2 everything. I noticed once I hit hell that my damage started to suck so instead of Rathma's Chosen I'm using Djinn and it's really helped a lot. Right now after 105 ubers I only have dragonfire oil, death ward, death pact and famine maxed. I'm trying to get a good amount of points into windowmaker while watching my mana (around 18pts) and I put around 5 or 6 points in Talon's hold for reanimates and maxed Jinn for damage. Also i've put almost everything into strength but I'm starting to dump a few points into dex to get my hit chance up as high as possible then I'll respec out of that later. Dm me on discord Tyndall#8997 if you have any questions. The plan is to get crucible and try to make fascinating crafts to squeeze out as much fire pierce as possible.... but doing that SSF greatly increases the grind needed so I'm not sure if I'd even recommend this build for SSF at this point. I've made it to 120 ubers relatively fine but without early access to good phys items with fire pierce built in, it's not as strong as it could be if you just focus on phys mostly like in 2.0.

This guide was made to highlight my SSF progression to help people who might be interested in playing xbow necromancer. So far as of writing this guide I've used these items to easily clear everything besides Laz and the 135 bosses. I'm confident I can complete these Ubers, but just haven't ever done them before so I'm still learning the fights. I'm also not a genius and I'm sure there are gearing choices I could make that are better. This guide is simply showing what I used and what worked for me. If you see something that looks stupid and have recommendations feel free to DM me on discord Tyndall#8997 or tune into my stream at twitch.tv/tyndalltv and tell me what's up. Feel free to also DM me or ask me when I'm streaming if you have any questions.

Pros

- Literally use one button most of the time
- Can basically clear everything with very cheap gear
- Good farmer, especially considering lack of expensive gear

Cons

- Going to need to buy a lot of napkins to clean up the drool from your brain shutting down because you basically use one button
- Widowmaker shoots in an odd pattern so it will sometimes take a moment to damage your target which can be frustrating in some situations, however it's not really significant enough to make a huge difference.
- You may need an oSkill (Tantrum) to do some ubers as it makes some trivial (this may change in 2.1.0 with Buckshot and Widowmaker change.)
- For max damage you might need mana pots depending on your gearing choices.

READ ALL OF THIS FIRST IT IS VERY IMPORTANT
First off you will need to level as Totemancer and farm ACs from Act III normal Mephisto to make your starting items. This will make your life so much easier. Flametail shot (the first ability you get from the Xbow tree) is absolute hot dog doo-doo and is the equivalent of smacking your enemy with a paper towel. Once you unlock Widowmaker at level 20 your Attack Rating is such garbage that it won't hit. So please just make
Pax Mystica
Pax Mystica
Staves

'Tir'
Runeword Level: 10
+1 to All Skills
+7% to Spell Damage
+(2 to 5) to Blink
Elemental Resists +(11 to 15)%
(11 to 13)% Magic Find
and go kill mephisto a bunch of times with Totems until you craft all of the tier 2 TUs listed below. It should be very very easy to do with Totems and once you switch your true power will be unleashed.

Second you need to keep your eye out for all Rare bolt quivers. You're specifically looking for a rare bolt quivers with + skill to Tantrum, this will help immensely with certain bosses and mechanics.

Please read all italic texts for gearing and skills.

Spec Info

Stats
► Show Spoiler

Skills
► Show Spoiler

Gearing

Weapons

► Show Spoiler

Helms
► Show Spoiler

Chests

► Show Spoiler

Boots

► Show Spoiler

Belts
► Show Spoiler

Gloves
► Show Spoiler

Misc
► Show Spoiler
Edited by Tyndall 1 year.
Tyndall
Jungle Hunter
25 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
keeping this comment spot for later maybe :)
Tartarus0018
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Thanks for ur sharing. It is maybe a new choice for Nec.
wc_reiniger
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
Why you would use a Heavy Crossbow over a Stinger Crossbow for
Tartarus

Tartarus
Crossbows

'BerChamFal'
Runeword Level: 83
5% Chance to cast level 42 Mind Ripple on Kill
20% Attack Speed
+0.75 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 10%
(15 to 20)% to Strength
5% to Dexterity
Maximum Mana +5%
Fire Resist +100%
Lightning Resist +100%
+(101 to 150) Life after each Kill
?
Tyndall
Jungle Hunter
25 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
wc_reiniger wrote:Why you would use a Heavy Crossbow over a Stinger Crossbow for
Tartarus

Tartarus
Crossbows

'BerChamFal'
Runeword Level: 83
5% Chance to cast level 42 Mind Ripple on Kill
20% Attack Speed
+0.75 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 10%
(15 to 20)% to Strength
5% to Dexterity
Maximum Mana +5%
Fire Resist +100%
Lightning Resist +100%
+(101 to 150) Life after each Kill
?

Edit: This is because you can't make that runeword in a necromancer xbow

Double Edit: This is untrue, you apparently can put it in a stinger xbow
Edited by Tyndall 2 years.
kortt
Core Lord
390 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tyndall wrote:keeping this comment spot for later maybe :)

Sorry, of course! But show me (screenshot) what equipment are you playing with?
What you posted is complete sh...
Sorry
Tyndall
Jungle Hunter
25 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
kortt wrote:
Tyndall wrote:keeping this comment spot for later maybe :)

Sorry, of course! But show me (screenshot) what equipment are you playing with?
What you posted is complete sh...
Sorry

I really don't understand what you mean by this but, here's a screenshot of what I'm currently using in my ssf run, I did everything without using Strength Beyond Strength so that's not really needed. If you mean my gearing choices are shit then I have to remind you the intention of this guide, like I clearly stated, was to show what I used on two different SSF runs with xbow nec that succeeded in clearing almost all of the content in the game with almost no problem. Most of the gear is intentionally easy to get because that's the whole point of SSF, I don't trade with anyone so I gotta make what I can get work for me.

I also included my character sheet, and if you're wondering why my chest is gold that actually is SBS but I dyed it gold which makes it look like celestia's wings or whatever lol

Antarus
Cultist
22 | 0
Can u please uploads videos ? I want see how this killed bosses or clear fauz
Tyndall
Jungle Hunter
25 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Antarus wrote:Can u please uploads videos ? I want see how this killed bosses or clear fauz

I will do all of the videos in 2.1 if I have the time since there's no point in dealing with uploading them right now. Otherwise if you want to just hit me up on discord Tyndall#8997 I'll just stream a fautz clear for you real quick at some point.
minhhien
Cultist
24 | 1
please update