SSF Xbow Necromancer Miniguide (WIP)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ABeLina wrote:ummm, interesting choices, but... My nec can go up to lab8 (i cleaned lab7 several times and still can't find stone for next level) and has literally 0 UMO's or unique jewels. Even gear is not finished, far from that.
No need to go expensive :D

(link to my notarmory should be in this or previous page)

Can your necro kill phobos?

Why you chose Veil King uber skill ?
Edited by Sprow 2 years.
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Probably for a meat shield
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Sprow wrote:Can your necro kill phobos?

Dunno, does he spawn at t7?
Probably not, but if some ppl talking about "hard t3" with UMO'ed item setup, then this is different league - t7 without UMO's...

Sprow wrote:Why you chose Veil King uber skill ?

Why not?
600K life, absorbs most damage in labs and ubers, i can just go and shoot from behind.
I still have max att speed (with lots of room left on jewels - currently should get more FCR), loosing some deadly strike from rhatma.
Also -134% pierce without jinn, so it is not needed, too.
So this way - meat shield is much better choice, IMO.

Only problem is barbies in high lab levels - they reduce max mana and i can't recast VK...
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Picked up the Zak set and started doing my trophies as well. Build definitely feels stronger now. Thanks for the suggestions!
wc_reiniger
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
Tyndall wrote:
wc_reiniger wrote:Why you would use a Heavy Crossbow over a Stinger Crossbow for
Tartarus

Tartarus
Crossbows

'BerChamFal'
Runeword Level: 83
5% Chance to cast level 42 Mind Ripple on Kill
20% Attack Speed
+0.75 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 10%
(15 to 20)% to Strength
5% to Dexterity
Maximum Mana +5%
Fire Resist +100%
Lightning Resist +100%
+(101 to 150) Life after each Kill
?

Edit: This is because you can't make that runeword in a necromancer xbow

sure, you can :-D
Tyndall
Jungle Hunter
25 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
wc_reiniger wrote:
Tyndall wrote:
wc_reiniger wrote:Why you would use a Heavy Crossbow over a Stinger Crossbow for
Tartarus

Tartarus
Crossbows

'BerChamFal'
Runeword Level: 83
5% Chance to cast level 42 Mind Ripple on Kill
20% Attack Speed
+0.75 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 10%
(15 to 20)% to Strength
5% to Dexterity
Maximum Mana +5%
Fire Resist +100%
Lightning Resist +100%
+(101 to 150) Life after each Kill
?

Edit: This is because you can't make that runeword in a necromancer xbow

sure, you can :-D

Oh weird, i figured since it wasn't listed under necro xbows u couldn't. Thanks for the tip.
wc_reiniger
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
thats cause the Necro Xbow is also a Xbow. If its not working it says that in the Runeword description like on
Shark
Shark
Weapons
Except Necromancer Daggers, Assassin Claws

'Eld'
Runeword Level: 8
5% Chance to cast level 9 Bloodlust on Kill
+(7 to 9)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
20% Attack Speed
+5 to Maximum Damage
+0.125 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
1.5% Bonus to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
+(24 to 35)% Enhanced Damage
-1 to Mana
for example
Fabiessence
Stygian Watcher
43 | 0
ABeLina wrote:I will add my opinion about xbow nec.
Started as pure melee using this guide, but after lvl130 i feel, that more DPS is required.
Tried to respec to jinn version - still, not so good. I also had smth like 80% pierce even without dedicated investment into gear. Then i got idea - why not pick tank, go fire dmg and get pierce elsewhere?
So, my build: Zakarum set (easy max att speed, fire pierce and MS), veil king as tank. Something like -120% pierce even with bad gear, most points into fire dmg, can farm fautzt eyes closed, scosglen - easy until i encounter druids (those are not hard, but poison druids manage to kill me 1-2 times anyway, others are easier); tested p4 labs until l3, nothing hard (cannot do blind teleports into mob packs, but if going slower - no problems).
Other gear not optimized, no UMO/relic, still using non-lotteried ripstars, etc.
With slightly better jewelry/body armor i will try p8 scosglen, should be easy.

VK has over half million HP, can tank most bosses for a while. Bonus trick - as i have zero minion dmg gear - even if he gets killed - he does not do anything bad :D Really, can tank at least 4 (probably mode) hits from hostile VK - more than enough time to clear entire screen, including bosses.
1p skelly aura + SU wand = 90% free EWD with 14yard radius, not bad for 2pt investment. Can go for crafted war scepter and have at least +80% minion life and save 2 skillpoints. Not sure what is better.

Easy possible improvements:
- skip PR mastery (save 5 points), put them into fragshot, take one from talons - boom, additional 300+ fire dmg
- entire jewelry is so bad, same with body armor
- have close to 50K AR, so probably overkill, can switch to str jewels, or uniq lotteried for labs
- not sure how effective is investment into vitality. My rough calculation for now that each vit point gives 4HP with current setup, not so good. Maybe add something to scale vitality and go full life
- flameskin, maybe?

Items + skills + stats: https://tsw.vn.cz/char/KaimoJurgis

EDIT: up to lab6 it was fine and easy. Leech hurts, but tanks in front of me absorb all damage, so it's easy.
Lab6 was a disaster - assassin, navigator and gharbad straight at entrance, triple combo, died after minute :D

Man you seem so witty about this build. Would you help me out ? https://tsw.vn.cz/char/Faythe
I've trying different setups but I'm not having a good time. What you recommended has been the best by far so I was wondering what changes you would do.
Sorry for taking your time.
Cheers!
ototsuyume
Prowler
15 | 0
I have two newbie questions of the weapon choice:
1. why do you all suggest to use stinger xbow instead of other xbow for the runewords?
2. I remember Hwanin's Hwacha was the bis of xbow nec a long time ago. What nerfs did it got to made it into oblivion?
Thanks.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
This build is so good it deserves an update imo