SSF Xbow Necromancer Miniguide (WIP)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Tyndall
Cultist
21 | 10
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
For the record I just tested my sp sff char that I wrote this guide after in scos without any changes to besides i was wearing really shitty enchanted craft gloves i forgot to take off and I could clear trash there no problem. It's not as bad as I thought but it's definitely not as strong as I wanted either. I'm considering testing out replacing some of my phys gear with fire pierce stuff to see if my clear speed goes up at all.
Captcha
Mangler
454 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bljadzon wrote:
Captcha wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Death Pact WDM bonus and Ominous Vigor with its prerequisites. That's 36 to 48 points for something Famine accomplishes to a much greater extent with 1 point.


>b-b-but you can have BOTH

Yes, and you can also have better gains for the same amount of points. You could max pretty much every other skill with greater benefit. Probably, maxing out Famine would accomplish more than spending a crapton of points into increasing WDM only mildly. Remember, the more WDM you have - and you already have a LOT of it - the less useful additional WDM becomes. If you already have 500% WDM, having another 50% is VERY poor choice for a THIRD of your overall skill points. Wearing Shroud Royale for a physical build might be a better idea than investing into melee tree.

To be honest, I would have let this slide if FRW passive was not Deathlord-exclusive (60 FRW is amazing for a crossbow build... Or it was before Bend the Shadows rework).

I have no idea why you're responding to my post as if you're disagreeing with something I wrote - I simply asked a question regarding Anonymous's post.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Captcha wrote:I have no idea why you're responding to my post as if you're disagreeing with something I wrote - I simply asked a question regarding Anonymous's post.

Yes, and I answered it, in the first part of the post. I just elaborated on it.
Captcha
Mangler
454 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bljadzon wrote:
Captcha wrote:I have no idea why you're responding to my post as if you're disagreeing with something I wrote - I simply asked a question regarding Anonymous's post.

Yes, and I answered it, in the first part of the post. I just elaborated on it.

No, you didn't - Death Pact is not in the melee tree. My post was specifically responding to the guy talking about the useful part of the melee tree.


Just skip over my posts n future please, I don't want to waste time dealing with a response from you - you don't seem to read what's actually written so it's just a waste of everyone's time.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Captcha wrote:No, you didn't - Death Pact is not in the melee tree. My post was specifically responding to the guy talking about the useful part of the melee tree.


Just skip over my posts n future please, I don't want to waste time dealing with a response from you - you don't seem to read what's actually written so it's just a waste of everyone's time.

Death Pact and investing in melee tree for a physical build are linked directly. If you don't put your points in melee tree, Death pact bonus is not working.

You just bear some weird animosity towards me because I hurt your feelings in that other thread. That's not healthy, you would be better to get over it.
Captcha
Mangler
454 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bljadzon wrote:
Captcha wrote:No, you didn't - Death Pact is not in the melee tree. My post was specifically responding to the guy talking about the useful part of the melee tree.


Just skip over my posts n future please, I don't want to waste time dealing with a response from you - you don't seem to read what's actually written so it's just a waste of everyone's time.

Death Pact and investing in melee tree for a physical build are linked directly. If you don't put your points in melee tree, Death pact bonus is not working.

You just bear some weird animosity towards me because I hurt your feelings in that other thread. That's not healthy, you would be better to get over it.

1. You didn't hurt anything, you were simply annoying, rude and wrong.

2. You're the same here. The ONLY - I repeat: ONLY - item under consideration here is which skills in the melee tree Anonymous was referring to in his slightly cryptic post. The synergies are completely obvious and NOT what was being discussed.

You appear to be very "young" in your approach to discussion and unable to process what people are actually saying - you see what you want to see in order to set up a straw man argument so that you can appear to shoot it down. That's a total waste of everyone's time. So - let's leave each other alone - I have no wish to have any further discussion with you.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Captcha wrote:1. You didn't hurt anything, you were simply annoying, rude and wrong.

2. You're the same here. The ONLY - I repeat: ONLY - item under consideration here is which skills in the melee tree Anonymous was referring to in his slightly cryptic post. The synergies are completely obvious and NOT what was being discussed.

You appear to be very "young" in your approach to discussion and unable to process what people are actually saying - you see what you want to see in order to set up a straw man argument so that you can appear to shoot it down. That's a total waste of everyone's time. So - let's leave each other alone - I have no wish to have any further discussion with you.

First, I am not wrong. In a physical build, investing into melee tree makes sense because of death pact, it is just not obvious. You just did not notice it yourself, and ergo did not mention it in your initial response post, so you are not in the position to tell me I'm wrong.

Second, you wish to end the discussion with me so much that you keep responding to me. That doesn't look like you want to stop it, it looks like I annoyed you and you want badly to respond to me in a snarky way. A little hint for you - responding to your post doesn't mean I only wrote it for you - for that, PMs exist. I also don't see anything wrong with strawmen - I never applied it to you, I just mentioned that it is inefficient in regards to points.
Your attempt at sound mature and smart is not very convincing - mature people know when to stop replying to an undesirable discussion. You don't. We can easily leave this topic at rest if you just stop responding, but you wouldn't.

I see building WDM xbow necro with points in melee tree as pointless, and comment as such. You just want badly to get under my skin for some reason.
Captcha
Mangler
454 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bljadzon wrote:
Captcha wrote:1. You didn't hurt anything, you were simply annoying, rude and wrong.

2. You're the same here. The ONLY - I repeat: ONLY - item under consideration here is which skills in the melee tree Anonymous was referring to in his slightly cryptic post. The synergies are completely obvious and NOT what was being discussed.

You appear to be very "young" in your approach to discussion and unable to process what people are actually saying - you see what you want to see in order to set up a straw man argument so that you can appear to shoot it down. That's a total waste of everyone's time. So - let's leave each other alone - I have no wish to have any further discussion with you.

First, I am not wrong. In a physical build, investing into melee tree makes sense because of death pact, it is just not obvious. You just did not notice it yourself, and ergo did not mention it in your initial response post, so you are not in the position to tell me I'm wrong.

Second, you wish to end the discussion with me so much that you keep responding to me. That doesn't look like you want to stop it, it looks like I annoyed you and you want badly to respond to me in a snarky way. A little hint for you - responding to your post doesn't mean I only wrote it for you - for that, PMs exist. I also don't see anything wrong with strawmen - I never applied it to you, I just mentioned that it is inefficient in regards to points.
Your attempt at sound mature and smart is not very convincing - mature people know when to stop replying to an undesirable discussion. You don't. We can easily leave this topic at rest if you just stop responding, but you wouldn't.

I see building WDM xbow necro with points in melee tree as pointless, and comment as such. You just want badly to get under my skin for some reason.

It really is sooooo simple. Let me quote my statement from the post under discussion:


"Presumably Ominous Vigor? The other skills in the melee tree are not usable by this build."

It is crystal clear that that is ONLY about checking that the only useful/usable skill in the melee tree is that one. Nothing else.

Then you wade in sounding as if I'm wrong because... there's a synergy with something in the xbow tree. Sounding off as if I didn't know that. Straw man argument stuff.

Please stop?
User avatar
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2870 | 409
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Image
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Captcha wrote:It really is sooooo simple. Let me quote my statement from the post under discussion:


"Presumably Ominous Vigor? The other skills in the melee tree are not usable by this build."

It is crystal clear that that is ONLY about checking that the only useful/usable skill in the melee tree is that one. Nothing else.

Then you wade in sounding as if I'm wrong because... there's a synergy with something in the xbow tree. Sounding off as if I didn't know that. Straw man argument stuff.

Please stop?

And again, you clearly don't want it to stop. You're even using colors now. It's like you experience masochistic pleasure of offending yourself over a minor thing.
Told you, that's not healthy.
And your refusal to acknowledge you've missed an obvious physical damage synergy in a physical build doesn't make it better.

"Oh, I ackshyually meant useful / usable, and not obvious synergy, because that's other tree"