SSF Xbow Necromancer Miniguide (WIP)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Tyndall
Jungle Hunter
25 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
minhhien wrote:please update

I posted an update of what is going on/what I'm doing with the build right now at the top of this guide, please read that for an update.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Tyndall wrote:ALSO! I WILL NOT BE UPLOADING VIDEOS OR UPDATING THIS GUIDE FOR A BIT. AS OF 12/11/21 JINN, THE SUMMON INTEGRAL TO THIS BUILD IS CURRENTLY BUGGED ...

But the guide says to use Rathma's Chosen, not Jinn?
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Captcha wrote:
Tyndall wrote:ALSO! I WILL NOT BE UPLOADING VIDEOS OR UPDATING THIS GUIDE FOR A BIT. AS OF 12/11/21 JINN, THE SUMMON INTEGRAL TO THIS BUILD IS CURRENTLY BUGGED ...

But the guide says to use Rathma's Chosen, not Jinn?

You haven't been following, topic starter mentioned two key items of 2.1 patch:

1. Widowmaker bonus DMG swaps to fire
2. As a consequence, resistance pierce from Jinn becomes a better option.
funfrock
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Jinn got fixed fairly quickly. Hope you don't lose interest, because I need the guidance!
Tyndall
Jungle Hunter
25 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
funfrock wrote:Jinn got fixed fairly quickly. Hope you don't lose interest, because I need the guidance!

Last I had checked it was still broken, but patch 1.2.2 hit and I don't know if it's fixed yet and as of right now my experience with the build has been a slog. I'm going to try and power through but I think I'll probably mess around with something that can easily be played start to finish and work on a guide for that instead until this build gets some more attention. I'm considering trying out Malice.

That being said you can still use most of this guide just need to figure out the most effective and efficient ways to get fire pierce,
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
This is a weird mix of both - physical and fire xbow necro. Might work fine for leveling phase. But overall if you want to concentrate of fire dmg and pierce - do not use this guide. Also if you want to concetrate on physical dmg and deadly strike - do not use this guide.

For fire and pierce - no more than 1 pt into famine and swap for jinn. And no meditation, no carrion drain. RW with fire essence is nice , but teganze is 120...
For physical and ds - go with rathma and skill points into melee tree, yes melee tree. Read what it gives and you will see where you need to put points into. No points into dragon oil. Craft wep with weird shrines.
Tyndall
Jungle Hunter
25 | 10
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Anonymous: wrote:This is a weird mix of both - physical and fire xbow necro. Might work fine for leveling phase. But overall if you want to concentrate of fire dmg and pierce - do not use this guide. Also if you want to concetrate on physical dmg and deadly strike - do not use this guide.

For fire and pierce - no more than 1 pt into famine and swap for jinn. And no meditation, no carrion drain. RW with fire essence is nice , but teganze is 120...
For physical and ds - go with rathma and skill points into melee tree, yes melee tree. Read what it gives and you will see where you need to put points into. No points into dragon oil. Craft wep with weird shrines.

This worked in 2.0 for almost all content easily, just because I use crucible doesn't mean that I'm doing some weak hybrid. The 100% to dragonfire oil added like 3000 damage to widowmaker so compared to any other option at the time (note SSF) it was way better than just a straight up weird craft damage wise. Even with low pierce it was an insane amount of damage. Unfortunately even with the fire conversion and the changes i noted at the top of the guide, it actually ends up being worse now, even if you stack fire pierce. It's just not worth the effort. For 2.1.1 you're completely right though the notes you have would be the way to go about it.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Anonymous: wrote:For physical and ds - go with rathma and skill points into melee tree, yes melee tree. Read what it gives and you will see where you need to put points into..

You mean very poor WDM bonus and 125 to Str and Dex for 36 to 48 points?
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Anonymous: wrote:This is a weird mix of both - physical and fire xbow necro. Might work fine for leveling phase. But overall if you want to concentrate of fire dmg and pierce - do not use this guide. Also if you want to concetrate on physical dmg and deadly strike - do not use this guide.

Presumably Ominous Vigor? The other skills in the melee tree are not usable by this build.

I didn't quite get the point about Teganze being 120 - obviously that's where you need to farm to get a fire essence but you seem to be suggesting that's not do-able for some reason?

P.S. are you still proposing to use Widowmaker for physical build? At 60% weapon damage and half of that converted to fire (without pierce), that's seems to be roughly a 30% weapon damage skill. Frag Shot is no better which leaves... Buckshot (almost melee range)?
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Captcha wrote:

Presumably Ominous Vigor? The other skills in the melee tree are not usable by this build.

I didn't quite get the point about Teganze being 120 - obviously that's where you need to farm to get a fire essence but you seem to be suggesting that's not do-able for some reason?

P.S. are you still proposing to use Widowmaker for physical build? At 60% weapon damage and half of that converted to fire (without pierce), that's seems to be roughly a 30% weapon damage skill. Frag Shot is no better which leaves... Buckshot (almost melee range)?

Death Pact WDM bonus and Ominous Vigor with its prerequisites. That's 36 to 48 points for something Famine accomplishes to a much greater extent with 1 point.

>b-b-but you can have BOTH

Yes, and you can also have better gains for the same amount of points. You could max pretty much every other skill with greater benefit. Probably, maxing out Famine would accomplish more than spending a crapton of points into increasing WDM only mildly. Remember, the more WDM you have - and you already have a LOT of it - the less useful additional WDM becomes. If you already have 500% WDM, having another 50% is VERY poor choice for a THIRD of your overall skill points. Wearing Shroud Royale for a physical build might be a better idea than investing into melee tree.

To be honest, I would have let this slide if FRW passive was not Deathlord-exclusive (60 FRW is amazing for a crossbow build... Or it was before Bend the Shadows rework).