SSF Xbow Necromancer Miniguide (WIP)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
How is buckshot performing overall? Is it as strong for single target as it sounds? 50x 125% wdm hits per attack? That seems too good to be true.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You really don't listen / read well, do you? Can you really not understand that the synergy was not "missed"... because it wasn't part of the discussion (of the melee tree) at all. How hard is that? How many times does it need to said and in how many ways before that sinks in?

Enough. Goodbye.

Devs - can we have an ignore/block button please?
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Captcha wrote:Devs - can we have an ignore/block button please?

There is a don't reply button and it's very easy to use.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Marrt wrote:There is a don't reply button and it's very easy to use.

Captcha wrote:You really don't listen / read well, do you? Can you really not understand that the synergy was not "missed"... because it wasn't part of the discussion (of the melee tree) at all. How hard is that? How many times does it need to said and in how many ways before that sinks in?

Enough. Goodbye.

Devs - can we have an ignore/block button please?

LMAO you responded again. You even want mods to stop you from responding to my posts because you can't do it yourself.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Both of you please keep it to private messaging from this point on or it's a ban. Last warning.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
rugby_1
Son of Lucion
724 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Semigloss wrote:How is buckshot performing overall? Is it as strong for single target as it sounds? 50x 125% wdm hits per attack? That seems too good to be true.

Buckshot was really nice for levelling and early ubers. It does pack a punch because of the shotgun mechanic. I find I use widowmaker & tantrum (via quiver oskill) exclusively now that I am 125+.
Far from optimized gear, tantrum just seems a bit more user friendly in areas like Vizjun and Dunc compared to the melee range buckshot.
Bljadzon
Abomination
145 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
GregMXL wrote:Both of you please keep it to private messaging from this point on or it's a ban. Last warning.

Yes, boss, sorry, boss ;)

rugby_1 wrote:
Semigloss wrote:How is buckshot performing overall? Is it as strong for single target as it sounds? 50x 125% wdm hits per attack? That seems too good to be true.

Buckshot was really nice for levelling and early ubers. It does pack a punch because of the shotgun mechanic. I find I use widowmaker & tantrum (via quiver oskill) exclusively now that I am 125+.
Far from optimized gear, tantrum just seems a bit more user friendly in areas like Vizjun and Dunc compared to the melee range buckshot.

Buckshot feels exactly how it was before - it's a very good damaging skill, and it helps with boss killing a lot. It's a high WDM high multihit skill, its only downside is janky targeting.
It also has some aoe, but it's very unimpressive. It is good if there are few targets which need quick disposal, or packs densely stacked targets, like in Bremmtown or Cows.

When I get some good runes and at least 2 spare bellas, I will convert my melee necro to Buckshot and will try to see how far I can push it with buckshot alone.
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Xbow necro was one of my favourite builds back in the Ultimative, feels good that he finally gets some love recently ;) So I follow your guide more or less and I must say it is super fun and enjoyable! The Crucible x-bow is fantastic, Banish curse and 15% avoid damage works great! I can finally fully utilize Auriel's Robe and I think it is one of BIS here. SBS is still the best one I think, but wolf stance gives great boost to your velocity, damage and crushing blow +10%dr. I also craft double leech tantrum quiver, so my playstyle doesnt narrow to only widowmaker, but I activly use 3 skills: tantrum lmb with shift in case of close combat situation and boss killer, widowmaker spam across the map and fragmentation shot just to quick kill leftovers ;) So far so good. Also with lack of other opiton I use for my helmet
Sacrificial Mind
Sacrificial Mind
Great Helm (Sacred)

Defense: (3422 - 3834) to (3737 - 4187)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 118
15% Life stolen per Hit
(6 to 15)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +(19 to 30)%
+(141 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 50) to Strength
+(31 to 50) to Dexterity
Socketed (4)

The Offering
(Necromancer Oskill Set)
additional 15% ll, enhanced wdm, cb and flat dex and str what else you want? :D Well ...Royal Circlet for sure xd I also think that making bent of shadows be of use freely withoute any target or minion is a big change for evry necro! Cheers.
DOOMEX
Abomination
145 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
"I also craft double leech tantrum quiver " .......how did u craft quiver ?
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
DOOMEX wrote:"I also craft double leech tantrum quiver " .......how did u craft quiver ?

magic quiver + oil of augumentation, lets say I "create" it because its technicly a rare item.