Poison Whirlwind Barb; A Comprehensive Guide (with 135 uber gear)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 47
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Stuie10786 wrote:Super cheap and easy way to make a barb to farm through rifts 1-8 without having to backtrack

Thanks for the post! I'll add some of this if possible.
You mentioned deimoss, were you able to kill her with this? She's currently on the list of un-doable fights with poison, but I'll change that if possible.

Sorry I've been away guys, I'm going to slowly update this. Applied a few changes already. A bit unwieldy working around the char limit I already hit.
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 47
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Expanse wrote:hey bud, little reminder to update your skill tree for labs/bosses and beyond.
for people interested in the build, i can highly recommend playing it.
very straight forward, relaxed to play.
https://median-xl.com/char/iExp
incase anyone is curious

NGL, it's been so long I don't actually remember what the changes were (-:
I've made a few edits, hopefully I got em all based on your tsw link. Seems like you also took bloodlust.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Decided to give it another run. It's been a while and Poison WW barb is still a lot of fun. Usually I go Phys WW and transition when I hit lvl 100, but this time I decided to use poison all the way through.

Currently sitting on 80k-120k or so poison dmg with 2x Raptor on switch and all gear modded for max poison dmg. Still wearing full TU.

This is where I start to hit a slowdown in dmg output.

Are there some gearing tips to transition from TU4 gear to Sacred items? I don't remember hitting this slowdown the last time I played (over 1 year ago). Currently sitting on lvl 112 with all lvl 110 charms. But the ubers are taking way too long. Cows is easy but I have to cruise the edges of the groups and in Torajan jungles my killspeed isn't fast enough to play efficiently.

I'm thinking that I probably need to get -enemy poison res. But how/where?

Update: lvl 117 now, cruising K3K, not terribly fast and I can't kill the towers yet, plus my poison spread is awfully small, but it gets the job done.

For a snapshot see:
https://median-xl.com/char/Thorzald
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 47
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Muilpeer wrote:Decided to give it another run. It's been a while and Poison WW barb is still a lot of fun. Usually I go Phys WW and transition when I hit lvl 100, but this time I decided to use poison all the way through.

Currently sitting on 80k-120k or so poison dmg with 2x Raptor on switch and all gear modded for max poison dmg. Still wearing full TU.

Are there some gearing tips to transition from TU4 gear to Sacred items?

Get
Amanita
Amanita
Helms

'VenAmn'
Runeword Level: 100
3% Chance to cast level 1 Time Wave on Melee Attack
+(200 to 300) to Attack Rating
-(21 to 25)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(2 to 5) to Amatoxin
(3 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Attacker Flees after Striking 20%
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(30 to 50) to Vitality
Poison Resist +25%
. It's the single biggest damage boost you can get before blacktongue/astro set. At that level of damage you should be fine with leveling to 120 to be able to farm for it. From there work on your survivability and just spam Dunc.
Some poison runes while you're at it wouldn't be a bad idea either
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
magz_ wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Decided to give it another run. It's been a while and Poison WW barb is still a lot of fun. Usually I go Phys WW and transition when I hit lvl 100, but this time I decided to use poison all the way through.

Are there some gearing tips to transition from TU4 gear to Sacred items?

Get
Amanita
Amanita
Helms

'VenAmn'
Runeword Level: 100
3% Chance to cast level 1 Time Wave on Melee Attack
+(200 to 300) to Attack Rating
-(21 to 25)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(2 to 5) to Amatoxin
(3 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Attacker Flees after Striking 20%
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(30 to 50) to Vitality
Poison Resist +25%
. It's the single biggest damage boost you can get before blacktongue/astro set. At that level of damage you should be fine with leveling to 120 to be able to farm for it. From there work on your survivability and just spam Dunc.
Some poison runes while you're at it wouldn't be a bad idea either

Yes, I'm not sure how fast NotArmory updates, but meanwhile I had Wyrd set complete and also made that helm. Together with the RW gloves. Making sure I have only one source of flas poison dmg.

Right now I've been farming Teganze for a couple of hours. I have a fully loaded teganze charm, but only received four venomous essences and there's not enough people online to actually exchange some essences for other types.

I also made one Demhe flail, but I don't remember what to MO on it. Wasn't it IAS instead of Poison Spell Dmg?

Don't have a blacktongue yet so I crafted a Gilded Shield with -enemy poison res to get to -200 pierce. Hoping to find a few more venomous essences soon so I can ditch the shield and instead use
Grotesque Bite
Grotesque Bite
Hand Axe (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 37 to 39
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 376
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
+25% to Experience Gained Until Level 120
+15% Physical Resist After Level 120
100% Chance to cast level 40 Harvest on Melee Attack
+(2 to 3) to All Skills
50% Attack Speed
+(20 to 30)% to Poison Spell Damage
Maximum Poison Resist +4%
+100 Life on Melee Attack
Socketed (3)
. I know, it's not the best but it works really well with Demhe without an alternative and I can easily trash Viz-Jun with it. Fast farmer that way with zero deaths. Not sure about the usefulness of the Harvest proc though.

Update:
All of my setup seems to work pretty well now without Blacktongue. I am not using optimal gear yet but with -199 pierce I am able to all bosses I tried so far. Did everything except Astro, Nymyr and the Spirit World. And I skipped Yshari because I hate the maps and the gear collecting.

Anyway, some advice on MO'ing the Demhe flail are very welcome :)
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 47
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Muilpeer wrote:Anyway, some advice on MO'ing the Demhe flail are very welcome :)

My personal approach to MOing is to fill in whatever I'm missing. There are a lot of valid options, as you know. I tend to prioritize damage and if I feel I'm doing enough, I'll go for survivability. Attack speed in this case inadvertently helps with leech so you could go for that first. There aren't too many UMO options for this build so I'd say ultimately a combo of IAS/AR for weapons. AR becomes more important the higher you emphasize IAS, naturally.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1218 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
only 44 IAS is required on a Demhe flail for the best whirlwind frames

this is more than you can get with store MOs, it just means you can make up 1-2 missing IAS jewels with MOs
Nheleo
Lava Lord
97 | 12

SP no cheat, awesome!
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Nheleo wrote:Image

SP no cheat, awesome!

Hoooooooooow ??
Nheleo
Lava Lord
97 | 12
Berkabus1 wrote:
Nheleo wrote:Image

SP no cheat, awesome!

Hoooooooooow ??

i use dominane instead of runemaster, it add 100% duration more for bass Snake Stance, i dont worry about def with Tyrael, ~40k life & 1000+ Life on attack.