Poison Whirlwind Barb; A Comprehensive Guide (with 135 uber gear)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I gotta try this! Sounds cool. Time to make a nice helmet I guess. Thanks for this guide, it looks like fun and I've been wanting to make a character that does well in Fauzt.

What would be the best scepter to make a Demhe in? I also have the runes for Triune's blessing, I guess that's even better, in a gilded shield?

Also, for the runewords, which jewels will be best to fill the gaps with? :)
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 49
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Muilpeer wrote:I gotta try this! Sounds cool. Time to make a nice helmet I guess. Thanks for this guide, it looks like fun and I've been wanting to make a character that does well in Fauzt.

What would be the best scepter to make a Demhe in? I also have the runes for Triune's blessing, I guess that's even better, in a gilded shield?

Demhe would defintely be better than Triune. Because Triune adds flat poison damage over time, you would lose damage if you had multiple sources. If it's your only item adding flat poison (as in you don't have scales of the serpent yet), use it.

Regarding what scepter, I just used a regular T4 flail, because we get indestructible from the Zod and I didn't want to think about stats and we don't really care about weapon damage. If you want to absolutely minmax get either a 6 socket flail or war scepter, fill the first 4 slots with jewels that help scale damage, and the last 2 with the runeword. I should add that to the OP (-:
Edited by magz_ 2 years.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
War Scepter and Flail are the only options for Demhe with 6 sockets.

War Scepter
Melee range: 1
Attack Speed Modifier: -10 (requires 24 wIAS for max frames -> 2 attack speed jewels)

Flail
Melee range: 2
Attack Speed Modifier: 10 (requires 44 wIAS for max frames -> 3 attack speed jewels)

Frames aren't quite as important on the poison build but they're still nice to have. Flail is probably better just for the range.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Siosilvar wrote:War Scepter and Flail are the only options for Demhe with 6 sockets.

War Scepter
Melee range: 1
Attack Speed Modifier: -10 (requires 24 wIAS for max frames -> 2 attack speed jewels)

Flail
Melee range: 2
Attack Speed Modifier: 10 (requires 44 wIAS for max frames -> 3 attack speed jewels)

Frames aren't quite as important on the poison build but they're still nice to have. Flail is probably better just for the range.

This is very useful to know, I already made a superior war scepter, but will wait for a Sacred Flail instead since I think the range is a big bonus. I'll start crafting jewels with IAS and hopefully poison dmg.

magz_ wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:I gotta try this! Sounds cool. Time to make a nice helmet I guess. Thanks for this guide, it looks like fun and I've been wanting to make a character that does well in Fauzt.

Demhe would defintely be better than Triune. Because Triune adds flat poison damage over time, you would lose damage if you had multiple sources. If it's your only item adding flat poison (as in you don't have scales of the serpent yet), use it.

Regarding what scepter, I just used a regular T4 flail, because we get indestructible from the Zod and I didn't want to think about stats and we don't really care about weapon damage. If you want to absolutely minmax get either a 6 socket flail or war scepter, fill the first 4 slots with jewels that help scale damage, and the last 2 with the runeword. I should add that to the OP (-:

Good to know, should I also put an indest jewel in the Blacktongue?

I am assuming before I make the RW's I should orb for % defense on all items?
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 49
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Muilpeer wrote:

Just a Zod rune, adds indest and synergizes with runemaster. I'll add that too (-:

you can MO before and after. MOs will add level requirement based on the level of the item AFTER runes.
Edited by magz_ 2 years.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
magz_ wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:

Just a Zod rune, adds indest and syndergizes with runemaster. I'll add that too (-:

you can MO before and after. I don't think making a runeword in an MOed item makes a difference in level requirement, but don't quote me on that.

I just know what MO'ing %def and %dmg on items before making the RW makes it possible to go over the 200% ED/DMG maximum ;) So I always do that prior to making the RW.

I have gotten so far, I'm really desperate now to complete the Wyrd set with the Viper Skin belt. So I'm gonna exp up to get to 130 and try Fauzt. Still 10 levels to go in Dunc, so I'm sure it'll take a while.

How is my char looking?
My amatoxin rolls are very low, I got unlucky with them.
https://tsw.vn.cz/char/Hurricane

Thanks for the tips, and great my questions help add clarity to the guide.

Edit:
Maybe I'll run Teganze instead for more poison runes!

Edit#2:
I'm such a noob, only now I'm finding out I have to actually right-click when selecting a stance before activating it!

Edit 3:
Why not add Thundergod? Does it not also spread poison? 1pt should be enough?
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 49
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Muilpeer wrote:I just know what MO'ing %def and %dmg on items before making the RW makes it possible to go over the 200% ED/DMG maximum ;) So I always do that prior to making the RW.

I have gotten so far, I'm really desperate now to complete the Wyrd set with the Viper Skin belt. So I'm gonna exp up to get to 130 and try Fauzt. Still 10 levels to go in Dunc, so I'm sure it'll take a while.

I didn't know that myself RE the ED/DMG cap. Neat.

I don't actually have the Astro set complete myself. I have the belt but am missing darkling. Unsure where to farm it :roll:. Fauzt is definitely possible without it!

Muilpeer wrote:How is my char looking?

I don't actually know how to log into that site, it doesn't seem to accept my password when I try lol. You can @ me as magz on discord when I'm around.

Muilpeer wrote:Edit 3:

I actually did have 1pt in thundergod before I wrote this guide. It does poison but the WDM is really low so it's not exactly going to kill anything, and the proc didnt happen often enough for my taste. Nothing stopping you from dropping 1pt in tho, not like it'll harm your build at all!
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
magz_ wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:I just know what MO'ing %def and %dmg on items before making the RW makes it possible to go over the 200% ED/DMG maximum ;) So I always do that prior to making the RW.

I didn't know that myself RE the ED/DMG cap. Neat.

I don't actually have the Astro set complete myself. I have the belt but am missing darkling. Unsure where to farm it :roll:. Fauzt is definitely possible without it!

Muilpeer wrote:How is my char looking?

I don't actually know how to log into that site, it doesn't seem to accept my password when I try lol. You can @ me as magz on discord when I'm around.

Muilpeer wrote:Edit 3:

I actually did have 1pt in thundergod before I wrote this guide. It does poison but the WDM is really low so it's not exactly going to kill anything, and the proc didnt happen often enough for my taste. Nothing stopping you from dropping 1pt in tho, not like it'll harm your build at all!

I'm actually thinking thundergod might harm the build because it stuns and thus keeps enemies from getting to you. And enemies getting to you is the only way you can kill them with WW, I guess it's better if the clump up around you instead o thinned out over the screen right?

For notarmoury you need to log in with your Sin Wars login credentials, so it's only accessible for players that play on the realm :) It's not the forum login.

Also, do you think Shael runes might be good to use until the gear can be filled with Poison runes? Or does that not make sense?
Or Maybe Ith runes for 3% poison spell dmg?
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 49
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Muilpeer wrote:
I'm actually thinking thundergod might harm the build because it stuns and thus keeps enemies from getting to you. And enemies getting to you is the only way you can kill them with WW, I guess it's better if the clump up around you instead o thinned out over the screen right?

For notarmoury you need to log in with your Sin Wars login credentials, so it's only accessible for players that play on the realm :) It's not the forum login.

Also, do you think Shael runes might be good to use until the gear can be filled with Poison runes? Or does that not make sense?

Monsters being stunned isn't a huge deal, but it might harm your speed a bit. I believe it's a very short stun, and they continue running at you afterwards. Monsters being spread out hurts your sustain more than it hurts your clear IMO but I didn't notice much of a difference. I think it only goes off every 16 seconds?

Your gear looks good. Pretty close to my setup. Consider putting 2x raptors on switch. Someone else suggested it in here and I think it's stronger? i'll try it tonight myself and see what happens.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
magz_ wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:

Monsters being stunned isn't a huge deal, but it might harm your speed a bit. I believe it's a very short stun, and they continue running at you afterwards. Monsters being spread out hurts your sustain more than it hurts your clear IMO but I didn't notice much of a difference. I think it only goes off every 16 seconds?

Your gear looks good. Pretty close to my setup. Consider putting 2x raptors on switch. Someone else suggested it in here and I think it's stronger? i'll try it tonight myself and see what happens.

Raptor

Raptor
Throwing Axes

'ZodSurLemEl'
Runeword Level: 85
(Barbarian Only)
3% Chance to cast level 60 Thunder Slam on Kill
-19% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(6 to 11) to Snake Stance (Barbarian Only)
+3 to all Attributes
5% to Vitality
Maximum Life +3%
Regenerate Mana +15%
+115 Life after each Kill
Looks interesting, but I'm using
Qarak's Will
Qarak's Will
Giant Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (150 - 163) to (233 - 246)
Two-Hand Damage: (206 - 225) to (285 - 305)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 480
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
15% Chance to cast level 34 Spike Nova on Melee Attack
6% Chance to cast level 40 Pentagram on Melee Attack
10% Chance to cast level 36 Bloodlust on Kill
+(30 to 60)% Bonus Damage to Bloodlust
Adds 50-125 Damage
Adds 84-167 Fire Damage
+(26 to 38)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
+(100 to 250) Life after each Kill
5% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
for the bloodlust proc right now, thinking that will add a good amount of dmg. I'm curious about your findings.

I'm also wondering if it's not better to add Ith runes instead of Venomous runes because I have already gone over -135% enemy poison resistance. From what I heard from someone else that's the minimum amount you need for farming. And -199 for bosses. So I guess for the content I'm doing right now -135 should be enough? Or is more always better?