Poison Whirlwind Barb; A Comprehensive Guide (with 135 uber gear)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Helmet - Amanita RW ... Which Helmet should i make the runeword out off ? Any suggestion ?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
thysick wrote:Helmet - Amanita RW ... Which Helmet should i make the runeword out off ? Any suggestion ?

How much Strength do you have? Use whatever's got the best defense that you can wear. Or whatever you like the look of, whatever.
Loko22
Sasquatch
69 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
thysick wrote:Helmet - Amanita RW ... Which Helmet should i make the runeword out off ? Any suggestion ?

I used a avenger guard
ChewableTrash
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
First and foremost, thanks for the guide. I'm having a blast right now with this character, most fun I've had with MXL.

Playing around I have tweaked the build a bit, I noticed a severe lack of AR which diminished sustain and also, IAS for WW, bringing it from 10 Frames down to 6, helped sustain from LOMA and added more proc chances. Also, use Oil of Conjurations on weapons, success will add +10% psn dmg or if you struggle with AR, use Oil of Greater Luck.

I went with Crown of the Black Rose for a Helm, massive psn dmg and pierce. Though, if you are farming fautz/bremm/dunc, Amanita might be better than for the Time Wave proc. Keep in mind, you can buy a time wave relic for relatively cheap, I think I got mine for around 35tg.

For Gloves, I'm not a fan of Memory or Mith. I use an Abandon craft gauntlets with ~100% AR, ~20% psn dmg, Flat stats + % to dex (help with AR more). Also, try for Burning Veil Proc on kill, it will increase your damage quite a bit. It brings me from 500k to 550k. (You do not need IAS on gloves, WW is only affected by IAS on weapons)

Everything is about the same. Sadly, there arent enough pieces with flat psn damage to create a larger build diversity. Would be AWESOME to see a relic with +psn dmg over time, this would free up all gear slots to possibly take this build farther.

I keep an entire separate set of MF gear for Fauzt since it's 100x easier to clear than Scos. The MF gear is ~480% MF with 400% psn dmg and ~150 pierce.

Here is a link to my Notarmory if you want to see anything specific. https://tsw.vn.cz/char/ChewableTrash

Here, I put 2 IAS runes to go from 10 FPA down to 6 FPA... This has made a MASSIVE QoL improvement with sustain, especially in Scos. Also, procs, who doesn't love em?! Sadly, Oil of Conjuration didn't work.

These gloves aren't the "best" stats but it provides a massive increase to AR, massive psn damage, some pierce, a proc (Burning Veil) which also increases dmg. I use these as I continue to roll Abandon Shrines on another pair. Ideally look for the Burning Veil proc, AR, PSN dmg/pierce, % dex for AR, and some other relevant rolls like Vita or LOMA/MF. This took me A LOT of shrines because I ONLY kept good rolls if Oil of Luck worked for the Physical Resist +1%, otherwise keep rolling!!!

Here is my overall Barbarian right now, keep in mind my build is aimed more-so for farming Scos. My MF build is aimed for Fauzt. MF gear is in inventory.

Hope this helps a bit. I'm still fairly a noob myself, so I know I might be missing something or have over looked other aspects. Always open to constructive criticism to better myself! I'm sure there is more room for improvement.
Edited by ChewableTrash 2 years.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Hy, WW barb is viable in phys damage too ? Thx for advance
Splargh
Grubber
321 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nemmate wrote:Hy, WW barb is viable in phys damage too ? Thx for advance

yes, physical is viable too. Phys is a slower farmer but a better boss killer iirc.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Splargh wrote:
nemmate wrote:Hy, WW barb is viable in phys damage too ? Thx for advance

yes, physical is viable too. Phys is a slower farmer but a better boss killer iirc.

Thank you so much. For the moment I play phys bear druid. Love phys melee builds. It's been a long time that I didn't play with a barb
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 49
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ChewableTrash wrote:Hope this helps a bit. I'm still fairly a noob myself, so I know I might be missing something or have over looked other aspects. Always open to constructive criticism to better myself! I'm sure there is more room for improvement.

Glad you've been enjoying the build! It's been cool seeing you check in as it gets stronger. I updated the post with some of your suggestions.
DDDBest
Stygian Watcher
40 | 0
► Show Spoiler

hi may u show second page d2stats of ur barb plz?
ChewableTrash
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
DDDBest wrote:
► Show Spoiler

hi may u show second page d2stats of ur barb plz?