Poison Whirlwind Barb; A Comprehensive Guide (with 135 uber gear)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
I don't know how much spell damage the staff could even give, but I doubt it would come anywhere near the 228% dual perfect rolled blacktongues could give.
Adding to that the pierce, duration and other stuff, the staff would never come close. Not to mention potentially 40 extra amatoxin levels should count for something :P.

Edit: Ok the staff with all perfect 8% jewels and all perfect charms would give 440%, alhough that would be hard to reach.
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 49
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
smartasss wrote:U will never kill Sam / Deimos with snake stance alone. And with Cain u can only get mediocre SOTS Arachnomancy proc.

The single target variant does not include procs.
Edited by magz_ 2 years.
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 49
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Opgedronken wrote:I don't know how much spell damage the staff could even give, but I doubt it would come anywhere near the 228% dual perfect rolled blacktongues could give.
Adding to that the pierce, duration and other stuff, the staff would never come close. Not to mention potentially 40 extra amatoxin levels should count for something :P.

Edit: Ok the staff with all perfect 8% jewels and all perfect charms would give 440%, alhough that would be hard to reach.

tl;dr as per your edit, staff gets higher.

I am also leaving out a few minor details but I need to iron those out.

Do keep in mind everyone that I'm only theory crafting based on a video I saw of a barb killing sam with a staff, and noticed his health ticking down while not being hit. This is all pure speculation. I will remove the teaser line from the guide if necessary.
Edited by magz_ 2 years.
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 49
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Upon closer inspection, we can take even further advantage of snake stance snapshotting. 4x
Atomus
Atomus
Jewel

Required Level: 120
Item Level: 120
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
+1 to All Skills
+20 to all Attributes
+1% to Experience Gained
in 2 perfectly rolled
Raptor

Raptor
Throwing Axes

'ZodSurLemEl'
Runeword Level: 85
(Barbarian Only)
3% Chance to cast level 60 Thunder Slam on Kill
-19% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(6 to 11) to Snake Stance (Barbarian Only)
+3 to all Attributes
5% to Vitality
Maximum Life +3%
Regenerate Mana +15%
+115 Life after each Kill
(not recommended as of 2.0 due to crafting being made a royal pain for things like this) for a total of +13 to snake stance per weapon.
Then, 6x atomus in a +2 body armor, 4x atomus in a plus 3 gloves,
2x in a plus 2 barb belt, 4x in a plus 3 barb helm, a +3 amulet, 2x +1 rings, for a total of +57 to snake stance if I've done my math correctly, not including charms or shrines. You would then replace all of this gear with your astro set and your spell damage gear/cains staff & exp/psd jewels after casting to amplify that with high spell damage. This would require 2 entirely different gear sets and a lot of re-equipping every time you die, but it seems to be how you scale snake stance to the moon
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Hmmm, that sucks about amatoxin, I thought it also added some damage as I tried to test it, but the damage probably came from something else.
Does that mean if you have amatoxin on something else you might as well ditch the set?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Amatoxin doesn't scale duration, what? The damage scales, but it's like 1/10 of the equivalent level Curare or Snake Stance. A big +40 level buff to it probably comes out to like 8-10% more total damage.

Poison skill duration from items also doesn't work with weapon poisons, except for Gladiator's Dominance adding to Snake Stance.

Also don't forget that astro set adds about 75 pierce for 3 item slots. It's hard to beat; Darkling is the best pierce in boots slot anyway, and even if you replace belt+ammy with a godlike crafted belt + Gallowlaugh you get maybe like 5 more pierce at the cost of 23 to amatoxin and +1 sk
Edited by Siosilvar 2 years.
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 49
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Siosilvar wrote:Amatoxin doesn't scale duration, what? The damage scales, but it's like 1/10 of the equivalent level Curare or Snake Stance. A big +40 level buff to it probably comes out to like 8-10% more total damage.

Poison skill duration from items also doesn't work with weapon poisons, except for Gladiator's Dominance adding to Snake Stance.

Also don't forget that astro set adds about 75 pierce for 3 item slots. It's hard to beat; Darkling is the best pierce in boots slot anyway, and even if you replace belt+boots with a godlike crafted belt + Gallowlaugh you get maybe like 5 more pierce at the cost of 23 to amatoxin and +1 sk

I'm not sure where I heard that RE duration scaling. Edited my post, thanks.
And yeah agreed RE astro set.

It's looking like snapshotting with +skill gear then switching to the astro set is the way to go.

The guy who made the sam kill video with poison WW (t4v) reached out to me because he noticed I was trying to figure out his variant to add to my guide. I'll update (and credit of course) with what he's willing to share.
Something I learned from re-watching his video last night is that he also pops an XP shrine before the fight. Combine this with a skill shrine before casting with your +skill gear for even more damage.
Edited by magz_ 2 years.
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 49
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
It's been pointed out to me that
Suicide Note
Suicide Note
Jewel

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 115
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
+1 to All Skills
+100 Defense
Elemental Resists -5%
+10 Required Level
Jewels would be MUCH cheaper and easier to find for snake stance pre-buffing than atomus. They add +10 level req and thus you may run into issues stacking 6 of them on your pre-buff armor but it's a much cheaper starter option. This would also make perfect raptor crafting much more reasonable. After that crafting good 2% xp jewels would get us the rest of the way there. I'll be updating the guide soon.

If my understanding of the way level req stacking works is correct, the "+10 req lvl" on the jewels applies AFTER the requirement of the item itself, meaning using 2 of these in one item would bring the level req to 130. You could realistically use up to 3 of these per item if you had a lvl 140 character, which would work for 2 perfect raptors, and your belt.
azeriso
Rust Claw
81 | 1
fast and stupid question about Raptor's i just found 2 zod runes and want to make them but it says "Throwing Axes" dont they have only 2 slots :D? which weapon i can use to make those for prebuff?

@down

i wasted runes on another 4slot axe QQ ok ill try balanced
Edited by azeriso 2 years.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Balanced axe has 4