Poison Whirlwind Barb; A Comprehensive Guide (with 135 uber gear)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
I don't think it's ever actually worth using both SotS and Mithridatism together when you could make Memory or a shimmer craft, I was just saying that even if your snake stance/amatoxin poison duration goes down because of the second item it's not necessarily a damage loss because of how good pierce is.

The pierce cap for maximum DPS is 135 for most farming, 145 in Scosglen, higher in labs (check the riftstones). 170 for most bosses up to 190-195 for labs bosses and 199 for Sam/Deimoss.

For maximum poison length, I don't know what the numbers actually are, but Ben- says it should be 175 poison pierce so I think it's going to be less than the other pierce cap on most enemies.
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
How about Gladiators Dominance instead of Runemaster? Will it buff duration of the Snake Stance?
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
revolut1oN wrote:How about Gladiators Dominance instead of Runemaster? Will it buff duration of the Snake Stance?

I think you really need the Runemaster def bonus. Especially when playing games with more than 1 person. Besides that, the build already does enough dmg without GD.
rongphale
Sasquatch
68 | 0
i think can go to 700k with 180-res, i tried and killed udy in 5 minutes, but to go to lab 8 is still quite difficult
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
rongphale wrote:Image
i think can go to 700k with 180-res, i tried and killed udy in 5 minutes, but to go to lab 8 is still quite difficult

Insane, must be quite the endgame outfit?
rongphale
Sasquatch
68 | 0
I completely build according to the instructions of the topic ..
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
How do you cast amatoxin? It doesn't appear in the quick skill tab. Is it a passive?
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
ok i can't delete my previous comment :P.

I was wondering what happens with dual wielding ww and non physical damage mods on the weapon.
When I go from Blacktongue/Destroying angel to Blacktongue/Demhe the damage drops significantly even though demhe has a lot more spell damage than desroying angle.
Is it just a damage display error or does the spell damage only apply on the weapon hitting.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Opgedronken wrote:How do you cast amatoxin? It doesn't appear in the quick skill tab. Is it a passive?

it's a passive.

Opgedronken wrote:ok i can't delete my previous comment :P.

I was wondering what happens with dual wielding ww and non physical damage mods on the weapon.
When I go from Blacktongue/Destroying angel to Blacktongue/Demhe the damage drops significantly even though demhe has a lot more spell damage than desroying angle.
Is it just a damage display error or does the spell damage only apply on the weapon hitting.

is destroying angel your only item with flat poison damage on it? you probably lost duration

page 1 of the character sheet does include spell damage (which is a lie for almost all non-WW attacks) but it also tries to calculate total poison damage and not DPS

page 2 of the character sheet does calculate poison DPS, but doesn't include spell damage
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Crap I forgot to put scales of the serpent on, thanks :P.