Poison Mechanics

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Bayah wrote:Does the "VenomCloud Totem" skill a good option as a poison attack?

I don't know much about this skill, just that I have heard peiple say it's bad.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Bayah wrote:Does the "VenomCloud Totem" skill a good option as a poison attack?

It got fixed AND buffed in 2.0, it does decent DPS without much investment. Only sad part is that the totem is squishy as hell since oskill totems do not benefit from Apprenticeship.
lynxxyarly
Prowler
19 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Good read. Thank you for this information!
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Currently trying to work out the mechanics of skills that have both a weapon poison and spell poison part. Specifically that's Scorpion Blade, Hyena Strike, and Angel of Death / Blight Descent. Seems like they might just let the entire poison scale with spell damage, not just the part added by the skill. But I have absolutely no idea how duration works for them; the poison lengths I'm seeing don't make any sense.

Might be some room to improve Scorpion Blade builds if this is true, and it'd be a route for a poison melee necro to actually scale the damage, but I don't think it solves curare pounce's single target deficit.

Unsure if this will survive into the next few patches.
magz_
Pit Knight
119 | 47
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Regarding frame one, would skills like storm crows shotgun similarly to lorenado?
If so, would I want to stack as many sources of flat poison as possible, seeing as I don't care about duration on a multi hitting skill?
(Provided my understanding of more sources = more dps but less duration is correct)
Birimbau
Sasquatch
68 | 4
Can someone put a list of melee weapon skills that can benefit from % spell dmg on direct melee attack that can boost any flat elemental dmg on weapon?

Up to recently I was playing throw sin and melee holy paladin thinking that % spell dmg could boost ways and holy fire.

Even up to last season I was playing xbow necro widow maker thinking % fire spell dmg could boost dragonfire oil.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Birimbau wrote:Can someone put a list of melee weapon skills that can benefit from % spell dmg on direct melee attack that can boost any flat elemental dmg on weapon?

Up to recently I was playing throw sin and melee holy paladin thinking that % spell dmg could boost ways and holy fire.

Even up to last season I was playing xbow necro widow maker thinking % fire spell dmg could boost dragonfire oil.

- normal attack
- whirlwind / windform
- hyena strike
BoneZone
Balrog
133 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Nothing on poison throw barb?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
BoneZone wrote:Nothing on poison throw barb?

Added a section for Snake Bite.

Stampede is just a regular weapon damage attack, nothing interesting about it. Snake Stance + Amatoxin + 1 item as usual.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Hy. One question. For item to "-enemy poison res", does "-enemy elemental resist" count or it's just fire/light/cold res? Same question for "+elem spell damage" (like Bloodlust). Poison spell damage count with or just fire/light/cold spell damage? Thx for advance