Poison Mechanics

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
p2w wrote:Gladiator's Dominance + Snake Stance + Amatoxin , how the duration and dps?
and if Gladiator's Dominance + Snake Stance + Amatoxin + a xx poison dmg in 1s and 2s ?

Gladiator's Dominance should boost Snake Stance duration to 2.6 seconds with the same DPS, so with Amatoxin that should be 4.6/5.6/6.6 seconds

nobrainnopain wrote:i like my ww poison barb but would like to try one or some other poison builds. but no throw barb or poison sorc and druid - i tried them but they dont seem to fit for me. may be a one hit and run char or amore or less funny build

Off the top of my head, the playable poison builds right now, roughly in order of power, are:

* Poison sorceress (don't use Necrolyte merc)
* Devouring Cloud druid (Scosglen farmer)
* Poison Whirlwind barbarian (Fauzt farmer, little rough in Scosglen)
* Scorpion Blade assassin (idk much about this build)
* Poison javazon (extremely fast Duncraig farmer)
* Curare pouncezon (decent farmer)

I don't know if I've seen a successful Virulence oskill (druid or pala), Pestilence necromancer, or throw barb in 2.0 yet; doesn't mean that a good build doesn't exit, just that I haven't seen them.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas.
Mcoonsy
Skeleton
2 | 0
So I have Worm tongue, Destroying Angel, Glow Skull, Scales of the Serpent Blacktongue, Angel of Death Ammy, Darkling boots, Shrine Crafted gloves with pierce
It says 26 to 35k dmg

Is this a proper Build?
Mcoonsy
Skeleton
2 | 0
So I have Worm tongue, Destroying Angel, Glow Skull, Scales of the Serpent Blacktongue, Angel of Death Ammy, Darkling boots, Shrine Crafted gloves with pierce
It says 26 to 35k dmg

Is this a proper Build?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Mcoonsy wrote:So I have Worm tongue, Destroying Angel, Glow Skull, Scales of the Serpent Blacktongue, Angel of Death Ammy, Darkling boots, Shrine Crafted gloves with pierce
It says 26 to 35k dmg

Is this a proper Build?

Whether you're going for spell procs or weapon damage, you probably want to swap out that shield for either a
Demhe

Demhe
Maces, Scepters
Except Hammers

'ZodLew'
Runeword Level: 110
25% Chance to cast level 35 Infected Roots on Melee Attack
+(126 to 250) to Maximum Damage
Stun Attack
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+(39 to 45)% to Cold Spell Damage
-(39 to 45)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(39 to 45)% to Poison Spell Damage
-(39 to 45)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
20% to Vitality
+(51 to 125) Mana on Striking
+15 Life after each Kill
Flail (with 3 x 15% attack speed jewels) or a second Blacktongue. Your belt isn't great either; for spell poison, the only thing it adds is attack rating to get more procs; and for weapon poison, the extra flat poison damage reduces your duration without adding much DPS. Not sure if that's actually a problem since I think the spell procs do most of the damage on that build, but it doesn't do much for you.

If you ask over in the poison WW thread they'll probably have more specific advice.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Siosilvar wrote:
p2w wrote:Gladiator's Dominance + Snake Stance + Amatoxin , how the duration and dps?
and if Gladiator's Dominance + Snake Stance + Amatoxin + a xx poison dmg in 1s and 2s ?

Gladiator's Dominance should boost Snake Stance duration to 2.6 seconds with the same DPS, so with Amatoxin that should be 4.6/5.6/6.6 seconds

nobrainnopain wrote:i like my ww poison barb but would like to try one or some other poison builds. but no throw barb or poison sorc and druid - i tried them but they dont seem to fit for me. may be a one hit and run char or amore or less funny build

Off the top of my head, the playable poison builds right now, roughly in order of power, are:

* Poison sorceress (don't use Necrolyte merc)
* Devouring Cloud druid (Scosglen farmer)
* Poison Whirlwind barbarian (Fauzt farmer, little rough in Scosglen)
* Scorpion Blade assassin (idk much about this build)
* Poison javazon (extremely fast Duncraig farmer)
* Curare pouncezon (decent farmer)

I don't know if I've seen a successful Virulence oskill (druid or pala), Pestilence necromancer, or throw barb in 2.0 yet; doesn't mean that a good build doesn't exit, just that I haven't seen them.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas.

thx :)

why no necrolyte for the sorc?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
nobrainnopain wrote:why no necrolyte for the sorc?

Miasma without the upgrade constantly applies first frame poison, which stops all your poison damage over time from working.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Siosilvar wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:why no necrolyte for the sorc?

Miasma without the upgrade constantly applies first frame poison, which stops all your poison damage over time from working.

ooooh ok ... thx

which merc would you recommend for her? mostly i take a priestess
Charirrem
Fallen
1 | 0
It probably wont turn up anything knew but im currently building a HE with barganing and EP, then try farming on Griffin and Boar miniboss. . . som1 gimmi a heads up if this is gonna be wurth the effort?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Charirrem wrote:It probably wont turn up anything knew but im currently building a HE with barganing and EP, then try farming on Griffin and Boar miniboss. . . som1 gimmi a heads up if this is gonna be wurth the effort?

Can't say that I know anything about Sacred 2. I think you might be lost.
Bayah
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Does the "VenomCloud Totem" skill a good option as a poison attack?