Elemental Barbarian

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
160 | 9
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SinClaire wrote:How much dex is needed to reach 60% block without Gladiator?

I tried speccing without Glad but IIRC the highest block I've ever reached is in the high 50s.

Even so, I think its better to have 70% ctb with gladiator (and citadel with fort) than anything from the other reward skills. Since BIS are mostly RWs, rune master is not utilised to its maximum imo.

That is a good question, I do not have the answer to it I'm afraid, but i will say that I was able to reach 60% with maxed Nephalem spirit, which is what I recommend once you can get 60% without Gladiator's. I would imagine it would more than 6k dex to do so, as i currently do not have the means to test this anymore, I would have to call on memory that is old and quite bad.

How much dex did you possess for high 50s?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
at level 130-140, with 2% base block (Svalinn in GIlded Shield) it's 7800-8400 to reach 60%
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
SinClaire wrote:How much dex is needed to reach 60% block without Gladiator?

I tried speccing without Glad but IIRC the highest block I've ever reached is in the high 50s.

Even so, I think its better to have 70% ctb with gladiator (and citadel with fort) than anything from the other reward skills. Since BIS are mostly RWs, rune master is not utilised to its maximum imo.

Just put everything into dex. Max block is hard to reach. Your damage scales off dex anyway, because of weapon base, Primordial Strike and Nephalem Weapons. You can't go wrong here.

Also, I assume you don't know this, but amount of dex points needed for max block goes up with every new level. So you'll need to put at least some points in dex after every level-up.
Siberian
Imp
5 | 0
Rune of Ice good relic to this build?
Death blow working?
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Siberian wrote:Rune of Ice good relic to this build?
Death blow working?

"Death blow" basically means "when your enemy is slain", as opposed to "on kill" which only works when you kill with weapon damage or poison. Regardless, you'll trigger runes of ice when you kill enemies.
But what's the point? Rune of ice scales off spell damage, doesn't provide good crowd control, and relic brings literally nothing else to the table, while being req lvl 120 (you waste, on average, 20 levels worth of MO upgrades and a socket). Why would you handicap your char that way?

Or did you mean deadly strike, not death blow?
ahcho00
Imp
4 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I think it’s 9000 Dex at 146. I have specced with 8891 and have 59% without GD. But blockspeed on gladiators dominance is definitely very helpful with survivability in higher labs. In T8 gladiators and nephelim spirit was a world of a difference in how many hits I could take. Gladiators dominance being more helpful. I had 52k pee in the wind with neph. I have 44k pee in the wind with gladiators. Plenty for labs still imo
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
160 | 9
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ahcho00 wrote:I think it’s 9000 Dex at 146. I have specced with 8891 and have 59% without GD. But blockspeed on gladiators dominance is definitely very helpful with survivability in higher labs. In T8 gladiators and nephelim spirit was a world of a difference in how many hits I could take. Gladiators dominance being more helpful. I had 52k pee in the wind with neph. I have 44k pee in the wind with gladiators. Plenty for labs still imo

Of course!
If it aids in acquiring breakpoints then it is by far superior than any other alternative for survivability, as I believe in trumps damage.

Sidenote.

Videos have not yet been produced as I have very little time with work, but it will be done during next week.
Planning to feature most ubers. Sam, Deim and Laz are not going to be featured. Note that I'm already lv130, but i will be taking away 25 skill points from my current built to "mimic" being 105 for those ubers, and re-allocate points as I move along. Gear will be the minimum required, with MO's up to 130 (I won't be making new ones) to cap out breakpoints. Gear used will be on-par with suggested gear to move past milestone. For example, if I expect players to have farmed runes for a runeword at those junctions, then the future ubers will have that gear when demonstrated (unless you can do it with prior gear).
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
160 | 9
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Posted videos of all Ubers between 105 and 120.
Made sure to equip only the charms that had been acquired up till the Uber that was completed as well as with the gear I would describe as the minimum gear requirement for said uber.
Rifts are included as well with method to grind as a bonus.

Will be working on 125s and 130s soon, just need a few bellas for Witch and Yshari.
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
160 | 9
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Finished everything with the exception of the end of Void and Spirit of Gyu, which will only show how to get to the final encounter for Void as well as the strategy for Spirit, Laz, Deimoss and Samael, which I have decided not to include due to the headache they are giving me without optimal gear.

Fauzt and Vizjun being farmable with low level runewords/TUs/honorifics, which will grant you access to optimal mid game gear which was then used to farm Scosglen as well as the first 5 levels of Labs, which is ample content to gather Gur and Ohn runes which give significant power to the build and will allow you to finish lv125-130 content with more efficiency. Please note that none of the ubers mentioned above are required for the build to progress to the next milestone in gear and that the rest of the ubers which will have video uploads (everything's recorded, just have to edit and post, which i will be doing Wednesday) are all within the realm of completion, just a matter of time and patience.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Kerchaak wrote:Finished everything with the exception of the end of Void and Spirit of Gyu, which will only show how to get to the final encounter for Void as well as the strategy for Spirit, Laz, Deimoss and Samael, which I have decided not to include due to the headache they are giving me without optimal gear.

Fauzt and Vizjun being farmable with low level runewords/TUs/honorifics, which will grant you access to optimal mid game gear which was then used to farm Scosglen as well as the first 5 levels of Labs, which is ample content to gather Gur and Ohn runes which give significant power to the build and will allow you to finish lv125-130 content with more efficiency. Please note that none of the ubers mentioned above are required for the build to progress to the next milestone in gear and that the rest of the ubers which will have video uploads (everything's recorded, just have to edit and post, which i will be doing Wednesday) are all within the realm of completion, just a matter of time and patience.

Have you by any chance played poison WW barb?

I'm currently running one with 250-350k poison dmg on the char sheet (char sheet doesn't show the real dmg anyway) and 170% pierce. I can easily steamroll fauzt, dunc, viz, triune, but with Scos I notice it's getting tough. I can survive some of the Etherborns, but the lightning one keeps slapping me to death with the lightning that comes from above (looks the same as the attack from invasion, but without the ring around it).

Anyway, I notice poison ww is great at farming, and all <130 bosses can be done with this build with ease. However, it's super inconvenient to do the >125 bosses with this build.

I tried a few other barb builds, but it seems that most are better for farming, and less focused on bossing. I wonder where this elemental barb stands compared to maxed out poison barb. I have all the endgame items, except the trophy set.